Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Long Distance Relationships? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jelai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:52 pm
Do long distance relationships usually work out?
I keep hearing from so many people that it doesn't last long, because either one of you will be cheating on each other, plus there's that lack of physical contact.

For some others, they say that if both of you are committed and trust each other completely, it will work no matter how far apart you two ars yeare.

But then my friend told me that it also depends on your relationship level.
=/

Well, as for me and my guy...he's moving to China.
(btw, we both live in the United States).
TT____TT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:57 pm
Well I only know one case of a long dist. relationship. My close friend Kyle is dating someone who live's about.. 2 hours from here. He says that it's wroking out really well. Every weekend either he goes to her house or she goes there. He says that his parents and their parents drive half way to a restaurant and then Kyle or his GF would go to the other's car and drive to whoever's house.

Ugh, it sounds complicated but when I visit them they seem so attached to each other. I can't pry her off his arm. xd

Duezt

.Mikemo Cat-Boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:33 pm
I think my eyes are bleeding from all that reading...
Hehehe oh well *gets a bandaid*...

*Back on topic* Some of my friends were in long distance relationships...
I don't think any of them lasted for more than five months...
My friend Darren's girlfriend moved out of town to some other city...
And although they still love eachother a LOT...
They couldn't stay together because the whole long-distance thingy was too hard...
Personally I don't think long-distance relationships are good...
Especially if it's someone you've never met in person...
But even if it's like someone that you have met in person...
And they live like in a different town...
That wouldn't word out as well either unless you can find a way to make it work out...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:04 pm
.Mikemo Cat-Boy
I think my eyes are bleeding from all that reading...
Hehehe oh well *gets a bandaid*...

*Back on topic* Some of my friends were in long distance relationships...
I don't think any of them lasted for more than five months...
My friend Darren's girlfriend moved out of town to some other city...
And although they still love eachother a LOT...
They couldn't stay together because the whole long-distance thingy was too hard...
Personally I don't think long-distance relationships are good...
Especially if it's someone you've never met in person...
But even if it's like someone that you have met in person...
And they live like in a different town...
That wouldn't word out as well either unless you can find a way to make it work out...

Oh, sorry if my post was too long. ^^;
XDDD
Well, I guess so. But I know of this one relationship (I read it on Yahoo! Answers sweatdrop ) where this couple met each other online, and they've been going 6 years strong. The girl lives in Florida, whie the guy lives in California. They planned to meet each other in Las Vegas, but then it got cancelled because of some certain events. But the guy said that one day, they'll be able to meet.

Jelai

.Mikemo Cat-Boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:12 pm
Well I heard about this one long-distance relationship...
Between a 16 year old girl and a supposedly 17 year old boy...
One day they decided to meet up in person after about a year of the relationship...
It turns out the boy was not 17...
But a 30 year old rapist...
Who kidnapped the girl, raped her, slit her throat, and threw her in a river...
Of course before he raped her after he slit her throat...

That just shows that long-distance relationships can also be life threatening...
And very bad...
That also shows how strange I am to make up such a messed up story like that...
xD...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:22 pm
XD  

souramyos

Jelai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:51 pm
.Mikemo Cat-Boy
One day they decided to meet up in person after about a year of the relationship...

That just shows that long-distance relationships can also be life threatening...
And very bad...
xD...

...but at least I know the person who I'll be emailing. >>;

*sigh*
how much does it cost to make a phone call to China?
probably a whole lot...unless, what's the cheapest way to make a phone call to China?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:10 am
if you and you're partner belive in the relationship then yes ^_ the key is loyalty and truth  

Angmar01

Angmar01

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:14 am
Jelai
.Mikemo Cat-Boy

And very bad...
xD...

...but at least I know the person who I'll be emailing. >>;

*sigh*
how much does it cost to make a phone call to China?
probably a whole lot...unless, what's the cheapest way to make a phone call to China?

unless he can get you a number for a phonce booth, then it well be cheap. te both of you can use the phone boh  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:30 am
Jelai
I keep hearing from so many people that it doesn't last long, because either one of you will be cheating on each other, plus there's that lack of physical contact.

For some others, they say that if both of you are committed and trust each other completely, it will work no matter how far apart you two ars yeare.

=/

(btw, we both live in the United States)

I've been crushing on him ever since February of last year, and it wasn't until the beginning of this school year that I finally got the chance to talk and introduce myself to him. What made it so hard to do so last year was because we didn't have any classes together; I just see him around school. It was the same for this year too. Except that this time, I finally found a friend who knows him, and I had my friend introduce me to him.

So far, we only know each other to some extent, as it is still quite hard for me to try to talk to him everyday. I only get to talk to him during passing periods, and I feel uncomfortable asking him if I could sit with him and his guy friends during lunch (I mean, since I"ll be the only girl there and all...).

Actually, now that I think about it, I tallied up how many times we've talked to each other...5 times.

And well, just this week, I found out from my friend that he's moving to China, and Friday is his last day at school. I couldn't believe it...just when we were starting to get to know each other more, he has to move to another country. =/

And Friday is also the day of our art department's art show.
I told him last week that we were going to have an art show, and he said that he would probably come. I gave him the flyer to the art show today (since I forgot to give it to him last week), and he said that he'll go.

I was thinking about that when he does come to the art show, I want to ask him for his email address and etc. and also ask questions about each other and get to each other more before he leaves for China. My friends also told me to say "I like you" on the last day, but if I do plan to say that, I should ask for his contact at an earlier time.

Or...two of my friends said that I could ask for his contact and once we get to know each other more say "I like you, etc. etc." on email. But I don't want to do that. I'd rather just say it person and get it over with. I've waited long enough, and I feel that it's now time to say it to him, since he will be leaving and all.

But then we've only known each other for about 2 months...actually, probably even less than a month if I include all the days that I didn't get to talk to him.

And I don't know what to say him on the part about having a long distance relationship. I don't know if I should even ask him about a long distance relationship.

i dont know i met my ex on gaia and i lived in texas and her in new mexico and we went out for 2 years but she broke up with me when i moved to where she lived and she was constantly sayin i was ugly and she was goin to cheat and apparently she did lol.

but i guess it could work but there has to be some physicality u know like huggin or cuddling. but i dont know i loved her but i dont know i still do but maybe when i am hot i will be given another chance, um ye ai am goin to stop now befor ei begin to cry again lol... sweatdrop  

Kuroi Kohhi

RAWRpham

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:48 pm
i guess depends on the couple cause some couples just dont trust each other and others trust each other and it does work out.so if u guys have enough trust and honesty then give it a try  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:47 pm
kawaii_usagi108
i guess depends on the couple cause some couples just dont trust each other and others trust each other and it does work out.so if u guys have enough trust and honesty then give it a try

Hehehe that reminds me of something my religion teacher told us...
"If there is even a tiny bit of untrust in the relationship...
It's over"...
xD...

.Mikemo Cat-Boy

RAWRpham

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:00 pm
.Mikemo Cat-Boy
kawaii_usagi108

Hehehe that reminds me of something my religion teacher told us...
"If there is even a tiny bit of untrust in the relationship...
It's over"...
xD...
all my friends say im the person to go to for an old proverb,something an old person would say or a word of encouragment  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:17 pm
Jelai

=/

(btw, we both live in the United States)

I've been crushing on him ever since February of last year, and it wasn't until the beginning of this school year that I finally got the chance to talk and introduce myself to him. What made it so hard to do so last year was because we didn't have any classes together; I just see him around school. It was the same for this year too. Except that this time, I finally found a friend who knows him, and I had my friend introduce me to him.

So far, we only know each other to some extent, as it is still quite hard for me to try to talk to him everyday. I only get to talk to him during passing periods, and I feel uncomfortable asking him if I could sit with him and his guy friends during lunch (I mean, since I"ll be the only girl there and all...).

Actually, now that I think about it, I tallied up how many times we've talked to each other...5 times.

And well, just this week, I found out from my friend that he's moving to China, and Friday is his last day at school. I couldn't believe it...just when we were starting to get to know each other more, he has to move to another country. =/

And Friday is also the day of our art department's art show.
I told him last week that we were going to have an art show, and he said that he would probably come. I gave him the flyer to the art show today (since I forgot to give it to him last week), and he said that he'll go.

I was thinking about that when he does come to the art show, I want to ask him for his email address and etc. and also ask questions about each other and get to each other more before he leaves for China. My friends also told me to say "I like you" on the last day, but if I do plan to say that, I should ask for his contact at an earlier time.

Or...two of my friends said that I could ask for his contact and once we get to know each other more say "I like you, etc. etc." on email. But I don't want to do that. I'd rather just say it person and get it over with. I've waited long enough, and I feel that it's now time to say it to him, since he will be leaving and all.

But then we've only known each other for about 2 months...actually, probably even less than a month if I include all the days that I didn't get to talk to him.

And I don't know what to say him on the part about having a long distance relationship. I don't know if I should even ask him about a long distance relationship.

it really depends on how you make your decisions =/
and pretty much how honest you are with each other.
and lack of contact... could be fixed with the internet ^^

but about that problem... tell him anyway. If you dont, you're... "going to spend the rest of your life wonering what couldve been."  

Love Plushi

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces