Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Does the weathering look good? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Krieg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:13 pm

Well, I finished dry-brushing my Space-Marine biker (shown in the Paint show off thread) with a mud like color, and I need to know if it came out good...
User Image
User Image
User Image
The end result: the flying stand will have 'Green Stuff' sculpted around it to make look like mud&water flung in the air by the bike's wheel, and will be painted with the same color mix that was dry-brushed on the biker.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:36 am

In my opinion, it looks great, the flying stand will be a neat addition as well.

DoC-Vicious

Das Krieg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:42 am

Thanks, I expect it to be done by late night Saturday, because thats when I'll swing by the GW for green stuff, and modelling flock.
All responses are greatly appreciated!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:44 am

I'm working on my commander right now, I just finished the modeling..kinda afraid to mess up the paint. confused

DoC-Vicious

King Kento

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:39 pm

Nice model so far, im curious to see how the mud green stuff comes out.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:24 pm

Yes, well I have bad news...
I am not able to go to the GW on Saturday...Maybe next week, in the mean time, I'll have to improvise with the flock.

Das Krieg

wash_away

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:37 pm

I like it except for I don't like the idea that he is flying through the air with no hand's on his steering, that would be one heck of a feet.

a tip to remember when doing model's that are going to draw a lot of attention, is to remove the mold line's. like the one running down the side of his leg with a file before painting. I like how you weathered it and I"m curious to see the finished model.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:19 pm

woot for the dirt bike!

I think it would've been a nice touch if the base looked muddy too.

HellecticMojo

FlashbackJon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:16 am

Mud's good, I'd definately take a closer look at mould lines and possibly redo the base. While I like the pose, you ought to be able to pin it in place without the flying stand - if all else fails, put a non-painted flying stand there.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:31 am

I like the model, and it seems like a really cool idea. I think if you can pull it off, that green stuff mud is going to look awesome. But my only reccomendation is not to over do it, a friend of mine did modifications to his entire army (He played 13th company and moled ears and tails on ALLLLL of his marines, and had each company really custom) but when we went to competitions, no one really noticed his cool models because they were all custom. So it's some times good to have a few "static" poses in the army, so your cool ones stay cool

nikkigurlie

Dasike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:59 am

I really love it xd the mud effect is spot on. really i need to see the base finished ^.^
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:05 am

Personally I think it's a little over done.

Marcus McFlufferson

gama chan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:48 pm

looks good i like the whole mud idea and the paintind good job.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:01 pm

I agree with Marcus, it looks like he has been standing too close to the exhaust of the Fertiliser2000 and not actually going through a battle. Remember, the only effect would be where mud is, unless its extreme battle damage. After all, Space Marines re-paint, re-model and re-do everything about their armour before another battle, including all the blessings. So the only damage would be mud and possibly the odd c***k in the armour if he is a rather unlucky marine. On top of that most Marines are circulated in the field, to provide squads with valuable time to re-bless and clean, so he cant have been out fighitng for days (unless it is deep within a large-scale campaign, that is.)

Underhive

FlashbackJon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:06 pm

Really? Space Marines get a nice little R'n'R time to get their armor squeaky clean after every battle, huh? Space Marines don't fight for days at a time? Does that seem ... logical?

And for the record, he could get that muddy riding a bike through ANY sort of muddy terrain for a couple of minutes. Don't you people watch Chevy commercials?
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff