Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Busting Stereotypes: Reincarnation and Past Lives Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

In your bestest past life you were....
  A witch burned at Salem
  The high priest(ess) of your favoritest god(dess)
  From another planet
  A poll whore
View Results

Kesseire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:26 pm
On top of keeping a collection of polished stones, having an animal spirit guide, and manipulating chakra, all of us believe in reincarnation and use past life regression to help us with our problems.

...Right?

xp

Is what happens after death at all relevant to your belief system or practices? Do you believe in reincarnation? If so, what form, and do past lives have any significance to your path?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:39 pm
Kesseire
On top of keeping a collection of polished stones, having an animal spirit guide, and manipulating chakra, all of us believe in reincarnation and use past life regression to help us with our problems.

...Right?

xp

Is what happens after death at all relevant to your belief system or practices? Do you believe in reincarnation? If so, what form, and do past lives have any significance to your path?

No, do not believe in reincarnation. Not everyone I have ever given messages to have animal spirit guides. And I dont own a collection of polished stones, and I think past life regression can be ******** up if the person helping you is also ******** up.  

jaden kendam

Kesseire

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:43 pm
Maybe I should've put around the first part of the post.

confused  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:28 am
Kesseire

confused
It's a rehab guild. There are people who make sweeping generalizations and mean them.

DMJ is just pointing out that such statements can be taken by those who don't know better as truth.

To the best of my recollection my last life I was dirt poor, had about six kids and was knocked up again, Catholic, without enough food for the table and I was cutting something up and daydreaming it was a piece of my husband's ~ahem~. Let's just say being 8+ months pregnant, having to hold one of the youngest on my hip while I cooked and my husband being absent while the two oldest were fighting did not have me in a good mood.

Does that affect me in this life? Not a lick.  

TeaDidikai

Darin Rosewood

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:39 am
My religion centers around the belief in reincarnation, so I'd say I believe in it, yes. ^_^
Past lives can have some importance, but IMO, they're really irrelevant to the life you're currently living.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:44 am
Kesseire
Is what happens after death at all relevant to your belief system or practices?
It is relevant..

Kesseire
Do you believe in reincarnation? If so, what form, and do past lives have any significance to your path?
Yes, I do believe in reincarnation. I believe that we are here to learn something, and until we learn all the lessons, we will keep coming back. I am not sure about form. Even though I am more comfortable thinking in human form only, I'm not sure that humanity is the only form in which to learn what is necessary. As to effects of past lives, other than the fact that I don't have to relearn what I have already learned in a past life - nothing.

Note: I have no proof behind my beliefs, but they make sense to me, whereas other afterlife beliefs that I have looked at don't.  

Dulliath

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:26 am
My religion believes in something of a spiritual soup that all souls are formed from and return to.
Thus, by that token, I was everyone who had died by the time of my conception. Or rather, my soul is an amalgm in various portions of all of them.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:35 am
Fiddlers Green
My religion believes in something of a spiritual soup that all souls are formed from and return to.
Thus, by that token, I was everyone who had died by the time of my conception. Or rather, my soul is an amalgm in various portions of all of them.
Can you point me towards the texts that explain that?  

TeaDidikai

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:40 am
TeaDidikai

Sure.
You'll need go to San Jose, and then I'll arrange for you to meet with my crazy little sect's priest, he holds our sacred texts.

Edit: Unless you mean the part about the soul entering the body at conception... I'm not exactly sure that is written... it was explained, but that may just be my priest's take on teh matter... I'll ask for clarification.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:41 am
Kesseire

confused

No, that wouldn't have been valid xml.
In order for a tag to be valid, it needs a tag declaration
If you want to have an equals sign, then you need to have a tag attribute,
And all attributes need to be wrapped in inverted commas.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:43 am
Fiddlers Green
TeaDidikai

Sure.
You'll need go to San Jose, and then I'll arrange for you to meet with my crazy little sect's priest, he holds our sacred texts.

Edit: Unless you mean the part about the soul entering the body at conception... I'm not exactly sure that is written... it was explained, but that may just be my priest's take on teh matter... I'll ask for clarification.

I'll be doing that then.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:46 am
reagun ban
I'll be doing that then.

Splendid.
Next, you'll need to learn the Parthian script and era dialect of the Persian language, if you want to actually be able to read it, rather than rely on others translating for you. surprised

Edit: Oh, I did painfully simplify that explanation... it is far more complex than the short shrift I gave it, but that's the heart of the matter. sweatdrop  

Fiddlers Green

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:47 am
reagun ban

No, that wouldn't have been valid xml.
In order for a tag to be valid, it needs a tag declaration
If you want to have an equals sign, then you need to have a tag attribute,
And all attributes need to be wrapped in inverted commas.
]]>

wink

As far as my own spiritual path goes...I'm really not sure what I believe happens after death. Whether I'll be reincarnated, go to some afterlife, become a Watcher or a eudaemon...it's all up in the air. So right now, I suppose the events after death aren't relevant to my path until I'm told what they are, or experience them.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:39 pm
"To die will be an awfully big adventure."

I weigh spiritual matters based on my own experience and observation more than other people's. So, what happens after death? Who knows? Not somethin' I'd wanna rush into, but thinking about it is thrilling. How the life and death of any person affects the world is sometimes the most difficult mystery. Do love, hate, ambition, hope, any human virtue or evil affect whatever comes after death? I don't know, but I like to wonder. So I like ideas such as the one above, quoted from "Peter Pan". I doubt I'll figure it out in life and maybe I won't even know after I die, but what will happen will happen and I just hope I get to see it.  

Aesi

walkingundine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:59 am
I um. Yeah. That's me, with the polished stones and the occasional chakra-poking. redface

I don't muck about with animal spirit guides. I'm about as white as Wonderbread or Saltines or something, so I stay the heck away from that. But I do have a dim notion of reincarnation. I don't think I've been anyone especially special- probably just a short string of unfortunate schlubs like anybody else- and I'm rather looking forward to my next life, in which hopefully I'll be a slightly less unfortunate schlub.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff