Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

free gold!!!
  yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Results

[.LadyStigma.]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:46 am
Asian Americans get plenty of stereotypes, but I don't really hear them being called yellow which I find odd. Just curious to know why we're not referred as a color. Do you think Asian Americans will be known as yellow in the future? Just 'cause y'know... a lot of whites were European American at some point. Think it'll happen to us?

And woo! First thread on here! >_>

[EDIT] I'm mainly referring to those of Asian descent raised in the US, since I am most familiar with this country-- and aware there are other Asian ethnicities, however, when an American (not Asian descent) hears that word "Asian" they usually think Chinese or an Asian ethnicity with lighter complexion. I'm trying to see this from their point of view. So I further apologize if I offended or confused anyone.

A black person who may be Haitian doesn't get asked what country they are from unless they speak with a thick accent or wear their traditional garb. But even if it's an Asian born and raised in the US, they get asked. @_@;; I also find this odd. Or maybe it's paranoia. 'XD I have experienced this with a foreign exchange student btw.

Just wondering which is better, to be called yellow and be a color like the rest, or stick with being called Asian American?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:50 am
not all asians are yellow  

x-Hitokiri-x

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200

Lost_child01

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:59 am
Hitokiri_Tsering
not all asians are yellow

yup i agree with u about this ayz. not all azns have yellow skin. oh and congrats on ur first thread  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:50 am
yellow?? you mean like this guy >>> surprised i dont know but i have like a tanish color skin xd  

Vega_Hatake

Beloved Businesswoman

5,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200

Kuroi Kohhi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:11 am
i am a white asian thats tall um but i am usually tanned lol bc love the sun  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight

Come on, we aren't YELLOW. I prefer to be called "Asian" than a color. talk2hand

It feels so right
To
night

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rebirth Project

Floodwater

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:22 pm
I am most definately not yellow. I-I But I've definately heard it before. I guess that we won't be hearing it used openly anytime soon, seeing how uptight everyone is with racism~  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:02 pm
    I don't know..
    But on the first season of Power Rangers there was a controversy because an African-American person was the black ranger and the Asian person was the yellow ranger.. Then they thought it was racist, and that type of casting never happened again.. o-o
    That's all I've heard of..

Sapphic Babe

Fire_Tanizard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:04 pm
most asians are tannish or pale...not really what i'll call yellow  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:08 pm
That stereotype hasn't struck my mind for a long time now.. People in my school never us that stereotype though.. Once my asian friend said "Kiss my yellow a** Copper!" and everyone was like.. why yellow?  

Duezt

chinagrl777

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:37 pm
Moon Light Ninja
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight

Come on, we aren't YELLOW. I prefer to be called "Asian" than a color. talk2hand

It feels so right
To
night

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:03 pm
Yes, most Asians aren't yellow...
*Stares at arm* I'm brown!! :O...
But yeah, where I live no one that I know refers to Asians as Yellow...
The only time Asians are called a color...
Is when they're brown...
xD...
It's quite enjoyable to me hehehe...

.Mikemo Cat-Boy

AznCrackLord

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:12 pm
china do have a river called yellow river
plus there is a song i forgot by who where u translate they have pride being yellow ppl 0_o (if anyone ever watched handsome sibling its the opening song)
well im tan and i do get called by color b4 but its all fun and games to me  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:29 pm
nice I am wearing no yellow I like yuor sigynigyture  

kumori_otome

Xiao_Jun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:25 pm
lol... my mom always say we are yellow people .. thats the color that identifies the chinese from south of china sweatdrop rofl rofl  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff