Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Contacting Gods and Spirits Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wings Akimbo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:40 pm
So for the past year or so, I've been mainly working on the theory of my spiritual path- therefore, the only spirits I've worked with are the ones that have contacted me (my spirit guides, actually). Right now I'm becoming more and more interested in actually contacting spirits and perhaps gods, but I don't know how to go about it. Also, (and keep in mind that I am totally clueless on the subject) once you've, say, contacted a god, what do you do? How do you work together? Same goes for spirits.

I hope that the questions above made some kind of sense.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:14 pm
Crazy Bananna
So for the past year or so, I've been mainly working on the theory of my spiritual path- therefore, the only spirits I've worked with are the ones that have contacted me (my spirit guides, actually). Right now I'm becoming more and more interested in actually contacting spirits and perhaps gods, but I don't know how to go about it. Also, (and keep in mind that I am totally clueless on the subject) once you've, say, contacted a god, what do you do? How do you work together? Same goes for spirits.

I hope that the questions above made some kind of sense.

Well, listening to them is always a good start.  

jaden kendam

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:16 pm
How about we slam on the breaks and ask why you want to contact Otherlings and Deities.

~has this great mental image of a hung over Frey, with a phone ringing on his nightstand, going "Huh? Wha? ********' Hel- wait- I was ******** HEL?! eek DAMNIT LOKI SPIKED MY MEAD!"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:13 am
TeaDidikai
How about we slam on the breaks and ask why you want to contact Otherlings and Deities.

~has this great mental image of a hung over Frey, with a phone ringing on his nightstand, going "Huh? Wha? ********' Hel- wait- I was ******** HEL?! eek DAMNIT LOKI SPIKED MY MEAD!"

"what the hell is a crazy banana? where the Hel was I last night to end up talking to a crazy banana?"  

jaden kendam

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:58 am
deadmanjake
TeaDidikai

"what the hell is a crazy banana? where the Hel was I last night to end up talking to a crazy banana?"
The joys of Norse God's Drinking games.

"One draught for me. Two for you. One for me- Three for you..."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:37 am
TeaDidikai
deadmanjake
TeaDidikai

The joys of Norse God's Drinking games.

"One draught for me. Two for you. One for me- Three for you..."

Oh yes, that takes me back to business school. I mean, uhm, nevermind.  

jaden kendam

Wings Akimbo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:17 pm
TeaDidikai

Er... for guidance?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:19 pm
Crazy Bananna
TeaDidikai

Er... for guidance?
What kind of guidance?  

TeaDidikai

Wings Akimbo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:35 pm
TeaDidikai
Crazy Bananna
TeaDidikai

Er... for guidance?
What kind of guidance?

Spiritual guidance. Maybe life guidance, if we got to know each other.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:37 pm
Crazy Bananna

Why do you need a deity to do that?

Edit: Allow me to give an example.
What would you do tomorrow if Papa Legba said "I am here to give you guidence. First thing you need to do is go out, and kill a chicken at the crossroads."  

TeaDidikai

Wings Akimbo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:42 pm
TeaDidikai
Crazy Bananna

Why do you need a deity to do that?

*pokes thread title* I'm not trying to make it seem like it's deitys specifically that I want to contact. My main problem is that I can't get the hang of contacing my spirit guides. They can contact me, sure, but as for the other way around... I always end up talking to myself in my head. It gets annoying.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:48 pm
Crazy Bananna
They can contact me, sure, but as for the other way around... I always end up talking to myself in my head. It gets annoying.
So- if they aren't talking to you- you want to find a way to force them? confused  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:52 pm
Let me put it this way- What do you expect them to do for you that you cannot do for yourself?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:58 pm
TeaDidikai
Crazy Bananna
They can contact me, sure, but as for the other way around... I always end up talking to myself in my head. It gets annoying.
So- if they aren't talking to you- you want to find a way to force them? confused

They're talking to me- I just can't talk to them.

TeaDidikai
Let me put it this way- What do you expect them to do for you that you cannot do for yourself?

Nothing, but they make good company and have interesting things to say.  

Wings Akimbo

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:59 pm
Crazy Bananna

They're talking to me- I just can't talk to them.

Nothing, but they make good company and have interesting things to say.

So why force yourself on them?

Let's say you can "summon" spirits to speak with the way you can call a friend on the telephone.

Maybe your friend is busy and isn't near the phone to be chatted at. Maybe your friend has other things to do and even though they have a cell phone, they are screening calls.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff