Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Temporary Council of War. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:45 pm
Ok...listen in..

I left you for just under two days and we've lost two of the finest members of this Guild.

Without my having to search through Guild-posts, I would like to be told both how and why.

More questions will follow.

I have appointed Simon a temporary member of the GBG Crew. He will not however take any action until tomorrow when I have learned more of whats up with the Guild.

Regards,

Invictus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:10 pm
The Gaulia saga... heh...
I'll do a quote if you can't be bothered with the scanning of the threads...

dreaming_mouse
Due to an unfortunate event Gaulia has temporarily (we hope) lost her sanity. Things were said, glass was broken, brothers were threatened and therefore the consequences are she is now banned from the Internet. So she won't be on for a very longtime or possibly ever again.

Nebelstern
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:11 pm
You know, a better solution to the spam epidemic may be to delete the culprits. The crew should be there to help people, not clear up their rubbish.

We are British, I've never had to take this sort of action before. Never expected to have to..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:13 pm
Nebelstern

dreaming_mouse
Due to an unfortunate event Gaulia has temporarily (we hope) lost her sanity. Things were said, glass was broken, brothers were threatened and therefore the consequences are she is now banned from the Internet. So she won't be on for a very longtime or possibly ever again.

What is the metaphorical broken glass, an argument?  

Invictus_88
Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:14 pm
Invictus_88
Nebelstern

dreaming_mouse

What is the metaphorical broken glass, an argument?

I somehow doubt that was a metaphor...
It sounds rather dire.
confused  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:17 pm
I think that Foetus In Fetu best summarises how most long-term members feel...

Foetus In Fetu
I know the guild has a history of thread-hijacking and stuff but I'm beginning to feel, and I'm just the dissenting public so feel free to ignore me, that it could do with cleaning up.

Or, it would help if members wouldn't contribute to the problem

Nebelstern
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:19 pm
Seems like a metaphor.

I will be back in the morning to consult the Guild on where we move from here.

Simon, if you've time, could you finish scouring the spam from the abortion thread?

Goodnight all.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:23 pm
Ah... yes... this is what I meant. Apologies. It was Owen and I.

I
Corpses release gases built up inside. I know that much. Yet, coughing once dead? Would not the diaphragm have to move? confused

Owen
Corpses can breath, fart, s**t, piss, spunk, murmer, sing (though not in real words) and have muscle spasms, but cannot coughor sneeze

sweatdrop  

Nebelstern
Crew

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:54 pm
Invictus_88
Seems like a metaphor.

I will be back in the morning to consult the Guild on where we move from here.

Simon, if you've time, could you finish scouring the spam from the abortion thread?

Goodnight all.

Well, looks like I'll get to work... not quite sure what you meant, as in, either deleting or locking? I think I may post a comment and lock, allbeit temporarily...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:50 pm
Nebelstern
Ah... yes... this is what I meant. Apologies. It was Owen and I.

I
Corpses release gases built up inside. I know that much. Yet, coughing once dead? Would not the diaphragm have to move? confused

Owen
Corpses can breath, fart, s**t, piss, spunk, murmer, sing (though not in real words) and have muscle spasms, but cannot coughor sneeze

sweatdrop

I just want to say that those posts were a valid progression of topic...It is what followed that is cause for concern  

and_solo_said

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:50 pm
Sorry, I didn't see this announcement before I posted in the other.

Foetus In Fetu
I suggest looking at each thread on an individual basis. Some threads might be better just having the spam deleted out of them whereas others might be better just being locked permenantly or deleted and having replacement threads made, depending on thread size and the quality of the discussion in the first place.

That's all I really have to suggest. It seems like the spam thing is just good-natured chatter that went too far rather than a blatant disregard for the rules. It's hard to draw the line until you look back with hindsight and see "********, that was complete spam".  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:02 pm
Upon reviewing the threads I believe that I may have found the missing key. Normally we begin to deviate, and are told that it is off-topic by a mod. If it is Invictus, then we divert to talking about how we don't want to be shot, or about how he was talking suggestively to Arivel or Nebelstern. If it is Illyrianth, then we deviate onto how old she is, or that damn teapot. If it is Knightsedge, we comment upon how elusive he is. After said deviation, one of us says something relevant to the topic and we begin again (and the yoghurt thread shows what happens when the mods join in the deviation). However, with Simon as the only person telling us to stop, we did not (sinse he was one of the people who started it). Hence, the deviation continued, eventually finding a theme and becoming an entirely different topic. A topic which is sporadic, patronising, alternating and maleable. In short; spam.

Another example of spam is long, overblown analysis of things so simple that someone with half an axe blade in their head could have understood fully, written at midnight, and powered by insomnia.

Thank you for your time

and_solo_said

Gaulia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:17 pm
biggrin Hooray for cleanups.

But seriously guys, I -do- need -somewhere- to post on the rare occasion that I manage to get to a computer.
Parents got a little tipsy, passed out, and went to bed, leaving the laptop up. I'm on for what, all of ten minutes, just incase they find out.

No, the glass thing wasn't a metaphor. I, wise ole Rowan, smashed my hand through a pane of glass. Don't do it. It's stupid. Veryveryvery stupid.
I do apologise for posting rather off topic, but really - you should make an off topic thread for spam and general messages. P'haps that would clear up alot of the thread hi-jacking and random s**t-thread making?
I mean, instead of a few spam threads and a load of spam posts, you can just have one designated spam thread. Or something like that.

I should goto bed in a minute. Probably post again on Wednesday. I want that general messages and spam thread up by then!

heart

Sorry for vague off-topicness. ._.'  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:49 am
Gaulia! Huzzah for alcohol!
Yes, well...
I think things started to slide when the abortion thread was made. The CB-esque topic has NO place in this sort of a guild. So, yes, in a way, a great British cleanup is underway. If you like, a 'summer clean' of the guild. I hope this isn't a regular occurace... sweatdrop

I am only a temp-mod, so any of you who thought the appointment unfair can be rest assured that the team of mods will be changed at some point once all the spam is shifted. I didn't particualrly want to be made a mod, but Invi insisted for some reason or other. Meh, I'll probably get used to it.

Anyway, I think I'll start scouring the spam from the Abortion thread (as ordered) until Francis gets on...

EDIT: My word. There IS only so much you can say about abortion, and as Julian said, it is covered in about five pages. I think what is best is if we just lock the abortion thread, and leave it to die as a testament of Idiocy.

EDIT#2: I know it is Sunday, but WHERE ARE YOU CRAZY, CRAZY ON-AT-ALL-HOURS PEOPLE?!? Or do I just get up too early?

EDIT#3: *Waits...*

Nebelstern
Crew

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:39 am
Can I jsut say again, I really don't think deviation is the same thing as spam. I think deviation is perfectly legitimate in this guild, and Illy and Invi certainly used to be prime culprits, as I recall. A thread is just like a conversation - it can't possibly be expected to stay on the same subject all the time. Providing it doesn't turn into pointless spam, I think deviation is fine.
EDIT: Alternatively, we could just put Erix in charge of everything. He'll sort it all out.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff