Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
-is a stereotypical asian girl- </3. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hyped up TeaCup

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:25 pm
So, I think I may be turning into a stereotypical asian girl!
Great.

Stereotypes. Gah.. and racial slurs
We all come across those everyday.
Asians (as we all know) are seen as being the bookish, shy fashion victims Dx

Of course there are other stereotypes for asians..

buuuuut
Now, apparently, asians now have another stereotype (mainly for the girls)
White boy dating, rock loving "rebels"
C'mon you have a million of them in your school, you see them in the mall, on tv.. they're everywhere now.

Maybe you're one yourself?

It's as if asian girls have tried so hard to break the image of shy and bookish by becoming "different." But now so many of them are doing it. So being "different" is now becoming a stereotype.

Well, I'm in transition of the two... or maybe even a mixture.

I know I shouldn't be talking about this, since I hate making assumptions about people etc.
But this brings up so many topics I've always wondered:
Why are white men so attracted to asian girls? (vise versa)
Does what music you listen to, style of clothing actually efftect your persona? (shyness etc.)
Why, in the media, must an asian always have a relationship with someone of another race for them to be well liked?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT: Why can't you people read? gonk
EDIT(the 2nd): Honestly, STFU about "Ohh.. all races and all types of people have thier stereotypes. Get over it."- you think I don't already know this? Jiminy, just answer the dman questions xd  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:40 pm
Hm, I wonder about that too...
and why is it not as many Asian guys can get white girls?? (At least where I live...).

I swear, us Asian girls get a lot of diff. types of guys. Those Asian guys gotta step up their game!! xd

While I'm on that topic, watch this it's really funny: "Yellow Fever" On Youtube  

Laughing Platypus

Hitman1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:21 pm
OOOOOCCCCUUUUHHHHHHHH, my head hurt. hate reading  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:31 am
Hitman1

yeah i agree  

The--Fish

x-Hitokiri-x

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:32 am
ninja-fish
Hitman1

yeah i agree

Yea.. i definately agree  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:17 am
...Well thats not good at all.  

[ DeFauLt ]

Hyped up TeaCup

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:43 am
Hitokiri_Tsering
ninja-fish
Hitman1

yeah i agree

Yea.. i definately agree

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:50 am
R.a.i.i.n.M.a.k.e.r
Hitokiri_Tsering
ninja-fish
Hitman1

yeah i agree

Yea.. i definately agree

Hahaha yeah that was quite a bit of reading >.<...
*Back on topic* It's true that there used to be lots of the stereotypical Asian girl...
Shy, quiet, and somewhat of a book-nerd if I may add...
And I have also noticed that Asian girls have been changing...
Now most Asian girls I know and see are loud, flirty, and pretty much what you said...
And I also understand how you're getting the idea of Asian girls being "rebels"...
Of them trying to be different from what they are stereotyped to be...
But it seems to be trendy now...
Sure they're trying to be different by not seeming quiet and shy...
But these days it's trendy to be different...
Plus it could just be a phase in life...

*Btw* Your avi has no arms, R.a.i.i.n.M.a.k.e.r!!!

.Mikemo Cat-Boy

Kuroi Kohhi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:21 am
R.a.i.i.n.M.a.k.e.r
So, I think I may be turning into a stereotypical asian girl!
Great.

Stereotypes. Gah.. and racial slurs
We all come across those everyday.
Asians (as we all know) are seen as being the bookish, shy fashion victims Dx

Of course there are other stereotypes for asians..

buuuuut
Now, apparently, asians now have another stereotype (mainly for the girls)
White boy dating, rock loving "rebels"
C'mon you have a million of them in your school, you see them in the mall, on tv.. they're everywhere now.

Maybe you're one yourself?

It's as if asian girls have tried so hard to break the image of shy and bookish by becoming "different." But now so many of them are doing it. So being "different" is now becoming a stereotype.

Well, I'm in transition of the two... or maybe even a mixture.

I know I shouldn't be talking about this, since I hate making assumptions about people etc.
But this brings up so many topics I've always wondered:
Why are white men so attracted to asian girls? (vise versa)
Does what music you listen to, style of clothing actually efftect your persona? (shyness etc.)
Why, in the media, must an asian always have a relationship with someone of another race for them to be well liked?

every race througn human history has had to endure stereotypes and racism. Now coming of age again are asians and how we are treated. but as a whole this shouldnt bother you, yes there will always be slurs and what not, but the people who buy into them are people who care how others percieve them and try and plz them before plzing oneself.

so i see stereotypes as others jealousy nothing more, i am proud to be an asian. and i wouldnt change anything about me for all the luxuries in the world.

Pinoy Power !!!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:49 pm
The asian girls at my school aren't shy, quiet, and nerdy anymore. They're loud, bubbly, and a lot of times really girly. That's kinda how I am, except not really as loud as the other asians at my school. A lot of them still listen to rap, and there aren't a lot of J-rock lovers at my school. But our clothing tends to stand out from all the other people. I'm talking like striped stockings, safety pins everywhere, and I've noticed a lot of asian girls wearing bondage pants, trenchcoats, etc. Most however still shop at places like AE, Hollister and A&F...  

xMissMacabre

Hyped up TeaCup

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:48 am
PINAY POWER!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:38 am
This is my only question since I am not Asian:

How come Asians boys 9that I've known of) do not wnat to date black girls? (since I am black and I am a bit asian0crazy over guys. So hawt!!!!! whee ) I find that Asian boys tend to go with the sterotypical " if you have a white girl, you're good" or something like that and think that black women are all trouble and have no respect or something along that matter. Also, I see that many men even go into the sterotypcial "girls have to be skinny" mode and do not appreaciate a girl who is thick or, like I like to say, have meat on her bones. I know I am going off subject (sorry!!!!!) but I really want to know why.

Also, about the Asian girls comment, yes I do see the changes. I guess they are tired of being stuck in one mold but do not see that they are being stuck in another mold.  

AngelAssassin

Kuroi Kohhi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:05 pm
AngelAssassin

How come Asians boys 9that I've known of) do not wnat to date black girls? (since I am black and I am a bit asian0crazy over guys. So hawt!!!!! whee ) I find that Asian boys tend to go with the sterotypical " if you have a white girl, you're good" or something like that and think that black women are all trouble and have no respect or something along that matter. Also, I see that many men even go into the sterotypcial "girls have to be skinny" mode and do not appreaciate a girl who is thick or, like I like to say, have meat on her bones. I know I am going off subject (sorry!!!!!) but I really want to know why.

Also, about the Asian girls comment, yes I do see the changes. I guess they are tired of being stuck in one mold but do not see that they are being stuck in another mold.

i dont know my best friend shin, his gf is black and they love each other, i dont know, he is japanese... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:47 pm
Kuroi Kohhi
AngelAssassin

i dont know my best friend shin, his gf is black and they love each other, i dont know, he is japanese... sweatdrop
eek xp crying
I guess it will just be fantasy in my head......  

AngelAssassin

~~choco~cooky~~

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:37 am
.Mikemo Cat-Boy
R.a.i.i.n.M.a.k.e.r
Hitokiri_Tsering
ninja-fish
Hitman1

yeah i agree

Yea.. i definately agree

Hahaha yeah that was quite a bit of reading >.<...
*Back on topic* It's true that there used to be lots of the stereotypical Asian girl...
Shy, quiet, and somewhat of a book-nerd if I may add...
And I have also noticed that Asian girls have been changing...
Now most Asian girls I know and see are loud, flirty, and pretty much what you said...
And I also understand how you're getting the idea of Asian girls being "rebels"...
Of them trying to be different from what they are stereotyped to be...
But it seems to be trendy now...
Sure they're trying to be different by not seeming quiet and shy...
But these days it's trendy to be different...
Plus it could just be a phase in life...

*Btw* Your avi has no arms, R.a.i.i.n.M.a.k.e.r!!!

ZOMGOSHNESS~! Mike's right. eek Your..your.. arms... whoah..
Back to the topic, yeah atm I think being different is a stereotype.
Because nowadays, everyone is being different, I mean okay thats nice, but if everyone is being different, it's not really different, now is it?
So basically, they aren't different at all. sweatdrop

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces