Submit

Have you heard or read Artemis Fowl?
  Yes
  No
  Who's that..?
View Results

LovelyLadyAurora

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:35 pm
Ok, I checked if there were any Artemis Fowl topics or not.

Just recently the newest book of Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony has been out. Artemis hasn't been as BIG as Harry Potter, but there are reviews that gives the books thumbs up and one even says that Harry should watch his book.

I want to know if there is any Artemis Fowl fans out and hear what you got to say about this new kid on the block. 3nodding

As for me, I love the Artemis Fowl series. Sometimes my aunt let me borrow some of her children books she gets for her students. She let me borrow the first Artemis Fowl. At first, I didn't like Artemis in the first book. But the story got me hooked and so I continue to read them. I bought the 2nd then she got the 3rd. Sooo..I can't wait to read the 4th one! ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:38 pm
I read the first one. I don't remember if I read the second or not, which leads me to believe that I didn't. The first one was pretty good; entertaining, at least, and I rather liked Artemis.  

NightIntent
Captain

-Your_favorite_addiction-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:39 am
i read the first and second one but not the new one.....didnt even know there was a new one.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:16 pm
I'll vote for a clever supervillain kid over a clueless wizard kid any day. Artemis has my vote.  

Harbone

Kai Errant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:16 am
I very much enjoyed the first three books. I didn't really like the fourth book; the third ended the series in a very nice place, and the fourth made it much more corny. I'm not sure if I'm going to read the fifth yet, but I have enough other stuff to read. It's not going to be on my list for a little while yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:14 am
i've read the first 3....i liked them all 4laugh boy genius! lol....its a funny book.....  

Lakkira

Sam Clemens

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:43 pm
I liked the first one the best. The last one did seem pretty corny. I didn't like it as much but it was still pretty good. Opal is.... Butler is my fav charie though.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:35 pm
Wait...there's the first book, the second, the third was the Opal, and now there's the newest book. So there's excately 4, I believe.

One of the books made me laugh when Artemis had to play as a normal, bebop teenager, bopping his head... rofl  

LovelyLadyAurora

El Laberinto del Fauno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:01 am
I have to say I really enjoy reading Artemis Fowl books, they have good plot lines, are very humerous and are an overall great read in my opinion  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:46 am
WingedHeartAurora
Wait...there's the first book, the second, the third was the Opal, and now there's the newest book. So there's excately 4, I believe.

One of the books made me laugh when Artemis had to play as a normal, bebop teenager, bopping his head... rofl

There are five. The first one, The Artic Incident, The Eternity Code, The Opal Deception, and then the new one, I've forgotten the name of it though. The Opal Deception is the one where he acts like a normal kid, I love that part!  

Sam Clemens

JRay18

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:57 pm
I love the sereis! I own all 5 of 'em, and they're great! My favorite is the fourth one where he acts like a normal kid, just like everyone else said. xd it's probably near a tie for me for the fourth book and the third, those two were the best in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:43 pm
I read halfway through the first book but I guess I didn't have the time or I wasn't yet in the book so I stopped reading it. We have the books at home, so I'll read them soon.  

Arkyana

Ashtaye

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:48 pm
I've read them all (it's been a while, though), except for the newest one. I really enjoyed them, Eoin Colfer has a unique writing style and the characters were great too.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:34 pm
I just started reading these books so I haven't really decided what I think about it, but I have enjoyed what I've read so far. I'll probably end up reading the entire series either way because I think my room mate would kill me if I didn't.  

doodlebuggey88

VampireDevyn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:17 am
I have read all four books, and want to get my hands on the last one. I think what I like the most about the books is the clever comments. whee  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff