Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Vampirism...? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eshmasesh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:32 pm
This is an issue I'm not sure of, what to think of Vampirism.
I try to maintain a tolerance of all beliefs, evaluating the other person's perspective, and making a decision based on the facts.
I want to do that with this now. But, my knowledge is limited.

I've been reading up about the difference between "sanguirian" vampires and "psychic" vampires, and the psychic makes more sense by far. Sanguirians can be explained with simple psychology; they are mentally dependant on the act of blood drinking, not physically, sense that is impossible. As far as my knowledge of human physiology goes, drinking another person's or your own blood doesn't give any benefits to the body. Therefore, someone would have to become mentally dependant on (in drastic cases, addicted to) the act to produce any benefits, such as the Placebo effect.

Psychic vampires, I don't know much about. I've read that they feed off of a person's "aura", my guess is through meditation, but I don't know much about auras. I've only heard of it in the context of witchcraft.

One thing I'm very, very skeptical of is the cause of vampirism. The only explanation I've actually heard is that it has something to do with having a "wrong soul", which sounds way too much like otherkinism (which I have already evaluated and decided is bogus).

So...what's your take on vampirism?
And if you want to be informative, is it intrinsically linked to spirituality and how? I'd love to know =o  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:57 pm
http://www.sacred-texts.com/goth/vc/index.htm

Vampire Codex. Supposedly, they need to feed off of everybody because they are missing a chakra point O.o  

Kal Eldritch

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:01 pm
Sovereign of Darkness

Vampire Codex. Supposedly, they need to feed off of everybody because they are missing a chakra point O.o
Which is not the case in any of the PsiV I have met.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:13 pm
I have met no mosquito-kin ( a derogatory term I use for self- proclaimed vamps, no offense intended to any actual mosquitos dwelling in human bodies intended.) which I can stomach on more than a very limited basis...
But I supose an honest parasite is better than a decpetive one...

Honestly tho, my reaction to anything that would derive it's nourishment by preying on me, human seeming or not, is less trusting, and often violent.
Basically, I really don't care if it's a religion, a psychosis, or an alternate species...
If it wants to try to consume me (or any portion thereof) it gets treated like any other threat... stare  

Fiddlers Green

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:14 pm
The only things I have gathered from Vamperism, in any form, were gained from the book by Konstantinos.

...not my finest moment of purchasing power, I admit...

In any event, I'd label the book complete and total crap, if not for the fact that he, at least, appeared to go thru the entire investigationg on the matter in a manor somewhat based on what appered to have been logic.

In any event, better reading on the subject exsists, so I am to believe. Katherine Ramsland has done severel books on the subject of "real" vamperism, as it is viewed, and I've heard she's a very good, objective and intelligent source on the matter.

That's all she wrote on the matter as far as I know.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:11 am
I think the entire practise is obhorrent. I belong to me. If I give that's one story. If they take that's something entirely different.

I would assume it's much like any teenage-induced idiocy. The rush of the energy like a drug perhaps makes them feel cool for a few minutes... Like a roller coaster or something. There are some disgusting new fellows in Fibber's who do this where I sit in the smoking garden. I hope they crash and burn. I haven't found a suitable enough curse for them yet.

However, I did know a psyvamp who was going through chronic depression and fed off of others because that's honestly how she felt she was meant to get energy. I would suppose her natural energy levels may have been low because of her illness.

People who think they're missing something often try to find it elsewhere. It's easier than tackling the actual source of the problem.  

Pelta

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:25 am
I have a reputation for being politically incorrect when it comes to spiritual parasites. Funny, the entire thing sounds so much less romantic when you call them that. Spiritual parasites doesn't have the same ring to it that psychich vampires does, you lose the gothic appeal and the "lestat" effect.

I don't like them on general principle. They make my skin crawl, they put me at ill ease and they make me get defensive and territorial, in short they bring out the Alpha Male in me.

I find a baseball bat helps when dealing with them, or sending them your headache/upset stomach/itchy scalp.... in short, ******** with them.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:36 am
missmagpie

However, I did know a psyvamp who was going through chronic depression and fed off of others because that's honestly how she felt she was meant to get energy. I would suppose her natural energy levels may have been low because of her illness.

People who think they're missing something often try to find it elsewhere. It's easier than tackling the actual source of the problem.

Hmm. I've run across someone similar to this, though they weren't a self-proclaimed psychic vampire, there was little question that they were based off both his self reports and the atmosphere of those around him. For this case, though, it wasn't just clinical depression that was the problem, but his entire lifestyle, unfortunately. While it's okay to get strength from other people, it's also important, as you suggest, to work on the actual source of the problem at the same time.

Other than this case... and a documentary I wached on the subject of real vampires (and who knows how accurate and unbiased that was), I don't have much experience with them. Certainly not enough to have much of a formed stance on them. I do think, though, that it might be misleading to say the problem is wholely mental. We know through modern research that there isn't nearly as much separation between mind and body as drilled by old ideologies. A mental dependence has a physical component (in the form of synaptic pathways).  

Starlock

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:43 am
Reagun and Fiddler have pretty much summed up my attitude on the matter.

I have always been in contention with psychic vampires on their actions. Morph will attest to that if he ever gets his butt in here.

Due to my location, I mostly dealt with The Temple, but I have also come across spiritual and emotional parasites in other contexts as well.

One thing I have noticed- everyone I know who practices an Otherworld Tradition has the same issues with them I have.

Edit: Of note- I have my own idea as to why the Temple practices as it does, and to be honest- it makes me giggle to think that people are paying money to be used like that.

As for those parasites who say "We need it/We can't help ourselves!", I think it's a pathetic copout and that such people are pretty much the scum of the earth.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:53 am
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness

I had a feeling that it was a crock o' crap. Then, I don't have any PVamp's that I know to compare this knowledge to (and I refuse to pay $30 some-odd for the Temple's book)  

Kal Eldritch

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:33 am
Sovereign of Darkness
TeaDidikai
Sovereign of Darkness

I had a feeling that it was a crock o' crap. Then, I don't have any PVamp's that I know to compare this knowledge to (and I refuse to pay $30 some-odd for the Temple's book)
It would be a moot point. The Temple's actions are a function of communion with their gods, not a function of need.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:24 pm
TeaDidikai
Due to my location, I mostly dealt with The Temple, but I have also come across spiritual and emotional parasites in other contexts as well.
Out of curiosity, what would you classify as an emotional parasite?  

Pelta

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:59 pm
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
Out of curiosity, what would you classify as an emotional parasite?
"Dramawhores who feed off the heightened emotional state of others (aware of it or otherwise) without the natural exchanges that come through healthy social interaction."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:41 pm
TeaDidikai

Edit: Of note- I have my own idea as to why the Temple practices as it does, and to be honest- it makes me giggle to think that people are paying money to be used like that.

As for those parasites who say "We need it/We can't help ourselves!", I think it's a pathetic copout and that such people are pretty much the scum of the earth.
So the temple is a scam?
I read a little bit of the site yesterday. From what I read, that was my first impression.
"You MUST buy this book from the temple.
Even if you already have it, you must buy it from the temple anyway!
If you use the book and you are not in the temple, you will get the vampire curse! wooOooOo..."  

Eshmasesh

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:24 am
Eshmasesh
TeaDidikai

So the temple is a scam?
I read a little bit of the site yesterday. From what I read, that was my first impression.
"You MUST buy this book from the temple.
Even if you already have it, you must buy it from the temple anyway!
If you use the book and you are not in the temple, you will get the vampire curse! wooOooOo..."

Sounds like the goth form of scientology.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff