Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [News Flash!]_______Official News about Conventions, Releases
Gakuen Heaven Licensed

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:09 pm
Anime News Network

Media Blasters Picks up Gakuen Heaven (2006-09-27 10:16:40)
Media Blasters has licensed Gakuen Heaven. The series is based on You Higuri's shonen ai manga, the first volume of which Tokyopop will release in November.

ICV2 provides further information.

ICV2

Media Blasters Snags 'Gakuen Heaven'
Shonen Ai/Yaoi Anime Series

Media Blasters has announced the licensing of the 13-episode Gakuen Heaven anime series, and expects to release the first DVD in January. Based on the boys' love (shonen ai) manga by You Higuri (Gorgeous Carat), Media Blaster's Gakuen Heaven will be one of only a few BL/yaoi anime series that have made it to the U.S. (Right Stuf released the Gravitation anime in 2004 and has a Thinpak collection coming out at the end of October). The American launch of Gakuen Heaven continues the trend of releasing more shojo (girls') anime series since the audience for BL and yaoi titles is predominantly female.

Meanwhile Tokyopop is set to publish the first volume of You Higuri's Gakuen Heaven manga (which, like the anime series it inspired, depicts the amorous liaisons at an elite all-boys boarding school) in November with an 18+ age rating.

Notice the mention of a Gravitation thinpack release in there as well smile  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:35 pm
that's odd. i saw Gakuen Heaven on you-tube. . . ^^ with subtitles and it was really good but i don't see how it would recieve an 18 + rating since there is nothing bad what-so-ever...if anything the more accurate rating ould be 13+ but i guess they rate yaoi/BL differently...am i the only one who noticed that.  

XxDarkSaviorxX

7,200 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:07 am
XxDarkSaviorxX
that's odd. i saw Gakuen Heaven on you-tube. . . ^^ with subtitles and it was really good but i don't see how it would recieve an 18 + rating since there is nothing bad what-so-ever...if anything the more accurate rating ould be 13+ but i guess they rate yaoi/BL differently...am i the only one who noticed that.

If you read it carefully, you'll see that the MANGA is going to have an 18+ rating, not the anime.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:43 pm
HAHA!!! yeah.. i see that... well can't wait for both the manga and the anime... mrgreen  

Andromeda3173

Mystical Neko

10,800 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Tasukiseishi

5,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:33 pm
Gakuen Heaven is a BoyLove game for the computer (a friend gave me a copy) If I can ever get it translated, I'd play it. lol

OH YES! The manga is SO 18++++! *fans self* It was hot and steamy. *nod*  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:48 pm
I love it so inncent but not  

The messed up goddess

Vexworth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:37 pm

SQUEEBOOM, for lack of a better and more coherent response.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:53 am
gonna buy this one too when i see it the anime was pretty cute and since the manga will have an 18+ rating i'm guessing thier gonna spice it up abit.....*giggles* more yaoi!  

meow-ku

iCuriouser

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:55 pm
Although the scars of yesterday remain, you can go on living as much as your heart believes.
User Image User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
You can't be born again; although you can change.
Let's stay together, always.

This is great!

I can't wait to read the manga. It'll be delicious.

[News Flash!]_______Official News about Conventions, Releases

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games