Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Hello all... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vox_Draconis

Eloquent Man-Lover

39,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:27 am
Hi all, thanks for accepting my request to join the guild. I suppose the main reason I joined is because I am sick and tired of fluffies and fluffy authors *cough* D.J. Conway *cough* making a mockery of my chosen path.

So let me introduce myself, I go by the name Vox Draconis and I'm afraid that's the only name you are going to get out of me. I'm a dragon adept, that is someone who deals with the celtic magickal art of dragon magick. I started off along a semi shamanic semi druidic path and ended up where I am now. I've been on my current path for a good five years now but I would not call myself an expert or anything remotely like that I'm still learning and discovering what secrets and surprises my chosen path holds but feel free to message me or post questions up here on the forums. I noticed the pathways sub forum so I'll set to work and post up something there about my path. If there are any other dragon adepts in the guild please make yourselves known *laughs* I'm getting a bit fed up with being 'The only one in the *insert place here* lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:28 am
Introduction thread is here...

Vox_Draconis
Hi all, thanks for accepting my request to join the guild. I suppose the main reason I joined is because I am sick and tired of fluffies and fluffy authors *cough* D.J. Conway *cough* making a mockery of my chosen path.

So let me introduce myself, I go by the name Vox Draconis and I'm afraid that's the only name you are going to get out of me. I'm a dragon adept, that is someone who deals with the celtic magickal art of dragon magick.

It's spelled magic.
Are you a P-Celt or a Q-Celt?
Are you a Celt by Taghlach, Clann or Muintir- and who extended rights to you?

Quote:
I started off along a semi shamanic semi druidic path and ended up where I am now.
The druids are dead.
Unless you were learning the Brehon, you're making claims to things you have no right to.  

TeaDidikai

Vox_Draconis

Eloquent Man-Lover

39,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:44 pm

Vox_Draconis

So let me introduce myself, I go by the name Vox Draconis and I'm afraid that's the only name you are going to get out of me. I'm a dragon adept, that is someone who deals with the celtic magickal art of dragon magick

It's spelled magic.
Are you a P-Celt or a Q-Celt?
Are you a Celt by Taghlach, Clann or Muintir- and who extended rights to you?.

I spell it magick to differenciate in my own mind between the two and if you wish me to spell it without for the purposes of this forum then very well. I am a Celt by bloodline well part celt part scadinavian if you want to be that picky. I have no clue what you mean by P-Celt and Q-celt as I am not familiar with the terms, they are not a pair of terms that I have come across before.
Quote:
I started off along a semi shamanic semi druidic path and ended up where I am now.
Quote:
The druids are dead.
Unless you were learning the Brehon, you're making claims to things you have no right to.

Fine I shall rephrase then, a semi druidic path according to the teachings of OBOD (The Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids). And my appologies for not spotting the introduction thread before I posted.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:50 pm
Vox_Draconis
So let me introduce myself, I go by the name Vox Draconis and I'm afraid that's the only name you are going to get out of me.

Dear... All we have to do is visit your elfwood page to find out your real name. neutral Or all your others...

Non the less, welcome. biggrin  

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

Vox_Draconis

Eloquent Man-Lover

39,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:00 pm
Elfin Brill
Vox_Draconis
So let me introduce myself, I go by the name Vox Draconis and I'm afraid that's the only name you are going to get out of me.

Dear... All we have to do is visit your elfwood page to find out your real name. neutral Or all your others...

Non the less, welcome. biggrin

Not everyone realises that though *laughs* I'm glad someone finally did. Thanks for the welcome and not shouting me down at the doorstep  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:36 pm
Ni dóigh liom go
bfhuil tú i'd cealt aon saghas
ceartaigh dom led thuil

Now.
Cite either the Breton epics or the Celtic epics which have "dragon mag3ick". You have made a very very serious mistake. You have entered a place that is for teaching with a self superiour attitude claiming to be an adept of an art that you've essentially made up. You have sullied the role of teacher, not something a Celt would do. You have sullied the archetype of dragon, not something the Celts (bretons or gaels) would ever do.

Normally, I tend to take it easy on people who claim a celtic path when they show blatant ignorance of practically everything celtic. However, you have done worse than that, you have culturally raped the term celtic to lend credibility to an otherwise inconsistant, laughable and pretentious in the extreme "religious path". (For religious path, read "reason to feel superior to everyone else").

Drop the celtic, drop the dragon and drop the k on magic.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:46 pm
Vox_Draconis
Thanks for the welcome and not shouting me down at the doorstep
Welcome to the REHAB guild.

Note what Reagun said. We'll point out that having Celtic heretiage doesn't make you a Celt.

It's a good thing you made it here. We'll try and help you before you get yourself into anymore hot water.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:12 pm
You know what, forget I ever joined this guild, I know what I am trying to say I just can't necessarily get the right words out. I'll just continue to learn from those mentoring me all ready.  

Vox_Draconis

Eloquent Man-Lover

39,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Regular 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:13 pm
reagun ban
Ni dóigh liom go
bfhuil tú i'd cealt aon saghas
ceartaigh dom led thuil

~winces~ Hmmm... not sure which I like better. This or a good old fashioned Norse Flyting.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:14 pm
Vox_Draconis
You know what, forget I ever joined this guild, I know what I am trying to say I just can't necessarily get the right words out. I'll just continue to learn from those mentoring me all ready.
So... you didn't come here to learn and resolve your fluffy issues?  

TeaDidikai

Vox_Draconis

Eloquent Man-Lover

39,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:20 pm
TeaDidikai
Vox_Draconis

I came to help out, as I mentioned in the application form when I applied. To help out by sharing what I have leaned so far.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:25 pm
Vox_Draconis
TeaDidikai
Vox_Draconis

I came to help out, as I mentioned in the application form when I applied. To help out by sharing what I have leaned so far.

Y'know, I'm reminded of the time when Cathbad was challenged at Teamhair... when a wandering minstrel came to court, he insulted, scathed and challenged Cathbad. Cathbad countered.. he didn't whine and whinge and moan.

You culturall rape the Celts, you claim the title Druid, Shaman and ADEPT, not student. And when someone calls you on this, you run away.

You need to grow up.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Vox_Draconis

Eloquent Man-Lover

39,000 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:33 pm
reagun ban
Vox_Draconis
TeaDidikai
Vox_Draconis

Y'know, I'm reminded of the time when Cathbad was challenged at Teamhair... when a wandering minstrel came to court, he insulted, scathed and challenged Cathbad. Cathbad countered.. he didn't whine and whinge and moan.

You culturall rape the Celts, you claim the title Druid, Shaman and ADEPT, not student. And when someone calls you on this, you run away.

You need to grow up.

Read carefully I never claimed the title druid I said i followed a semi druidic path meaning that I follow some practices. I never claimed the title shaman, I said semi shamanic, again meaning I draw influences from the path. From what I have always understood (and by the souds of it I am wrong), an adept in terms of learning is a student just like an apprentice.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:40 pm
Vox_Draconis
Read carefully I never claimed the title druid I said i followed a semi druidic path meaning that I follow some practices.

The right to challenge was one of the most fundamental practices of the druid. How can someone serve a people they do not answer to?

Vox_Draconis
I never claimed the title shaman, I said semi shamanic, again meaning I draw influences from the path.

What path? You think there's one type of shaman?

Vox_Draconis
From what I have always understood (and by the souds of it I am wrong), an adept in terms of learning is a student just like an apprentice.

No. It means expert. However, you use words that you don't understand all the time, you don't actually care what they mean, you just care hwo they make you sound.

I'll be contacting OBOD, you have put them to shame by their standards. I have your name, I have your area of living. It won't be that hard to show them your behaviour here. You'll be lucky if you get barred.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:42 pm
Vox_Draconis
Read carefully I never claimed the title druid I said i followed a semi druidic path meaning that I follow some practices.
Except- you don't.
The Druids were the Lawgivers, Lore Keepers, and Priests of the Celtic people. You aren't even a Celt. How can you be a Priestess of their gods when it is a semi-closed Tradition?

Quote:
I never claimed the title shaman, I said semi shamanic, again meaning I draw influences from the path.
Except there is no one shamanic path.

Quote:
From what I have always understood (and by the souds of it I am wrong), an adept in terms of learning is a student just like an apprentice.
Neophyte- Student. Adept- Intermedate. Master- should be self explainitory.

You use words you do not know the meanings of. It's a bad habit, and it will get you in a lot of trouble when you do it around people who aren't impressed by fancy titles- especially when they know what the words actually mean.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff