Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Mabon/ First day of Autumn Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:05 pm
I was just wondering what people did for the first day of Fall since its this friday.....or is it saturday. sweatdrop Also, what does this day meen to you?

Mabon to me meens that its one more month to halloween. xd Its the first day of fall, the God is entering the underworld where he shall be king untill Yule. Its a day to give thanks to the Goddess and God for all that I have learned and acomplished with their help. I'm going to go for a walk, light a candle, say farwell to the sun, make a really nice dinner... ^-^  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:07 pm
Lanterns. I start making lanterns.

And food. Perfect season for Romplin. It also means I need to start looking at a new boar spear, I can't find one with a good enough guard and I sure don't want a boar to run the spear itself.  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:22 pm
Medovoy Spas also means honey. A honey feast with autumn fruits and mead.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:41 pm
It means: What, there's still more harvesting to do? wink Of course, that also means it's time to start making things with the harvested goodies, and planning for more relaxed winter crops. And I love excuses to make nice food and celebrate.  

TatteredAngel

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:53 pm
The big harvest really. Spring crops are nice because all in all they're easy to bring in, most of the stuff is just there on the ground and all in all pretty light.

Autumn harvests include heavy things and root veggies that mean back breaking work.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:04 pm
Wow, I am so out of touch with the seasons since I quit my wicca-wannabe phase.

Mabon is the Equinox right? (haha, forget it, I had the answer on my astronomy notes ^^) I cannot say I have been in touch with it recently.... And I call myself a pagan... yeesh. stressed

Come to think of it though, I never formally celebrated the Equinoxes, I'm not sure why, they just never had much importance with me...
My main holidays were The solstices and Halloween and Mayday. hmm...

TeaDidikai
The big harvest really. Spring crops are nice because all in all they're easy to bring in, most of the stuff is just there on the ground and all in all pretty light.

Autumn harvests include heavy things and root veggies that mean back breaking work.

Do you have a garden?  

VisasMarr

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:37 pm
VisasMarr
Do you have a garden?
Not at the moment. For the time being- I have other people's gardens. They need help, and I love the fresh food stuffs.

I do however hunt and fish and clam.

~whimpers~ Why? Why aren't there any good boar spears! gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:39 pm
TeaDidikai
VisasMarr
Do you have a garden?
Not at the moment. For the time being- I have other people's gardens. They need help, and I love the fresh food stuffs.

I do however hunt and fish and clam.

~whimpers~ Why? Why aren't there any good boar spears! gonk

That is so cool. My mom wants to teach me how to fish... but it hasn't happened yet... sad  

VisasMarr

Pelta

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:03 am
Apple crumble.

Though apples tend to happen a bit later in the season, apple everything is my definitive Autumn food.

Oh I might do something else on the day if I REALLY feel like it. At the moment here it doesn't really feel like it's Autumn yet because it's been too sunny and warm over the past few days. Maybe if the weather turns crappy I'll do something to celebrate.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:13 am
I'm kinda bummed that I won't get to do my annual pumpkin carve.
Haven't done any carving in ages.... Nothing quite like slicing through th head, ripping the guts out and carving bits out of 'em. Then there's the pumpkin carve afterwards.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Pelta

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:24 am
Mmmm... Pumpkin pie.

Best Thanksgiving food EVER. Except for maybe stuffing... and cranberry sauce...

It just makes such perfect sense for when Mr. Jack starts getting a bit old on the windowsill.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:55 am
VisasMarr

That is so cool. My mom wants to teach me how to fish... but it hasn't happened yet... sad
Bait, tackle or fly?

reagun ban

Is this a context thing or are you just assuming I don't carve pumpkins?  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:09 am
TeaDidikai
VisasMarr

Bait, tackle or fly?

reagun ban

Is this a context thing or are you just assuming I don't carve pumpkins?

You'll be able to get pumpkins that close to halloween over there?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:48 am
reagun ban

Heck yeah. I have a trip out to a pumpkin patch planned for the lot of us on Sunday so we can select them directly from the patch itself.

If we can't find any we like, worst case- we can pick some up from the supper market.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:31 pm
TeaDidikai
reagun ban

Heck yeah. I have a trip out to a pumpkin patch planned for the lot of us on Sunday so we can select them directly from the patch itself.

If we can't find any we like, worst case- we can pick some up from the supper market.

I'm looking forward to that.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces