Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:17 pm
It was a new place to her, but that rarely matter to her, a city was a city, still rude people, still too much pollution, still too much noise, with a sigh she glanced to the sign to see if she was allowed to cross the street yet or not, her destination laying on the other side. The park, the only little spark of green in the otherwise dull city, the one place she might find some peace for a few hours to merely sit and draw whatever was around in the calm state, of course the fact that it was eight in the morning and everyone was rushing to work did not help her mood. The pedestrian crossing sign lit up and someone pushed past her rudely making her grit her teeth to keep from muttering something completely rude, but following them Phoenix made her way across the street and into the almost silent park with a hint of a smile for the first time since she entered the city.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:54 am
Aah, the joys of having a weekend off for a change. Since there's not a whole heck of a lot for Gaston to do at work for now, he gets a little R and R...until, of course, his comm ring disturbs the tranquility. But let's not dwell on that.

Always something of an early riser, Gaston is up and around, already enjoying the decent weather. He's already made his way to the park and is reclining on a bench reading a book when Phoenix enters the area.

As the familiar buzz/tingle of his Immortal sense goes off, Gaston sits up briefly and sees the newcomer entering the park. A quick but subtle pat down the side of his coat tells him his swords are ready should he need them. However, judging by the ladies appearance, she's not here for a fight.

Gaston lays back down and goes back to his book. No sense disturbing the lady if she's out to enjoy the park as well.  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:57 pm
There was an annoyed sigh when she sensed someone, well not someone, an immortal and she glanced as those near by with something close to distaste dancing in her eyes, she quickly made a note of those that could hide a sword on then which really only left two people. Automatically she made sure that she did indeed have her sword, but she had learned her lesson of leaving her sword home once, of course her one immortal friend always chidded her for that, and other things, but then Phoenix was a little odd. With something close to a smile she found a spot under a tree, her soft footsteps only marred by the fact she was no longer relaxed as if expecting something to happen.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:49 pm
Gaston's been doing this Immortal thing for going on two centuries now, so he can read Phoenix's change in mood easily enough. Granted, it's understandable in that few people look forward to a duel and possibly losing one's head, so he doesn't take it personally.

He doesn't look back up from his book, but he does greet the lady. "Good morning, cherie. And you needn't worry, I shan't bite...I had a McGriddle and hashbrowns less than an hour ago..."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:49 am
She narrowed her eyes on his words, "I don't worry about biting sir, bitting in the lest of my worries." She kept her tone neutral as possible though there was still a hint of amumsnet in her eyes. She didn't find the fact that she looked him over, even taking the time to glance at the book title before she shook her head.

"I do hope however that's your...twisted way of saying you aren't going to ruin my morning?"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:52 am
"Lion of Macedon" by David Gemmell
That's the book title, anyway.

Other than that, Gaston chuckles slightly, looking up at Phoenix. "I hadn't really planned on it, no. I really don't duel just for the heck of it...it's much less asinine to actually have a reason."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:47 am
"Finally a sane person! I could hug you." She was of course kidding but relaxed slightly on his words, it was nice to find someone laid back, besides she was never in a hurry to fight. She even offered a small smile, "I didn't mean to entrude though."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:47 pm
Gaston has to laugh a bit, setting down the book for now and sitting up. "I didn't know sanity was something so richly rewarded. Surely the world isn't that bad off just yet."

As for the rest, he glances around the park. "Ah, no worries there...it's a public place."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:52 pm
"Then maybe I'm special running into the insane and overly violent...not a gift I like I much prefer to simply laugh at the idiots." She paused a moment, "Ah s**t, I'm being rude! Um, that was rude too wasn't it? Heh, I'm Phoenix, and it honestly nice to meet you and I promise now I'll leave you to read without my annoyance."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:15 pm
Gaston chuckles a bit, shaking his head. "Oh, not to worry, I've heard worse."

As the lady introduces herself, he offers his hand. "Nice to meet you, Phoenix...I am Gaston. As for leaving me annoyance free, don't worry...go ahead and do whatever you're here for. I doubt we'll be in each other's hair."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:34 pm
She hesitated to shake his hand but after a second did, with a warm smile even, "Well considerint this is the only bench that has room it seem you're stuck with me for a while."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:47 pm
Gaston pretends to make a sour face at that remark. "Aha...this means I'll have to sit up properly and stop hogging the bench, doesn't it?" He gives a dramatic sigh. "Well, if I must." He sits up with a grin. "Make yourself comfortable."  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:01 pm
She gave a light laugh at his actions and words but gracefully sat once he moved, "Thank you much."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:09 pm
"Welcome much." He responds. Gaston folds a page over slightly to mark his place...company is good, so he may as well be somewhat sociable. "May I ask what brings you here today?"  

Gaston Marceau
Captain

Immortal Ghost
Vice Captain

Ruthless Millionaire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:25 pm
"Ah, vocal hotel neighbors and stale air, past that simply wandering through I guess." She was almost surprised that he had bothering to continue the conversation, but then she didn't mind, sometimes having someone to talk to was nice.  
Highlander Roleplaying - Free Form

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff