Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Fanworks
OC's in slash Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OC's?
  Love them!
  Hate them!
  Depends!
View Results

Kiera Greyback

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:37 pm
What do you think about Oc's in a slash fanfic? I admit that I get a little obsessive with my OC's, often depriving action from the actual characters: Here, have a read.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3140264/1/

Anyway, what do you think? Like it? Hate it? Going to review my fic? Flame? (As I know many of you will.) DO YOU LIKE OC SLASH?

EDIT: and I'm not talking about the all powerful mary sue OC's, I mean the ones that have unique personalities and add to the plotline. heart

Another edit: I changed my name biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:46 am
I like OC's when they are really well done writen, but mostly it's to predetermined who the char will love

Mostly I don't read Storys with an OC  

TaliusMuriel

Subliminal Effect

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:32 am
I dont like OCs too much in slash. Or most fanfiction actually.
Because the authors tend to take their part in it too far, which really dampens the other characters.

I usually only read OCs in fics if their a side character and dont effect the general plot too much.
> w< My personal opinion though~

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:30 am
OC:s generally mean that I won't read it; mainly because I've read far too many Mary-Sue's... It just gets to be a little too much.

However I admit that I every once in a while don't mind reading a well-written story if I find the character in question acceptable enough.

- L -  

Moiranna

Ariazella Malin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:32 am
I generally dont like OCs in fanfiction unless it is very well written. But I don't my crossovers.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:53 pm
Reading a fic with an OC is risky business. More often than not, the story turns out to be crap. But, if you can run across the occasiona; good OC, it's a wonderful thing.  

Remedy-Nakia

Monkie Chese

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:43 pm
I've never been too fond of OC's. Granted, it could just be that the stories I've read before were crap...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:33 pm
Subliminal Effect
Because the authors tend to take their part in it too far, which really dampens the other characters.

I usually only read OCs in fics if their a side character and dont effect the general plot too much.

You belong to me...

What she said.

my snow white queen

External Penetration
Crew

Greedy Codger

Latter-Day Saint

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:37 pm
I think OC's are alright when the stories are written well.
Cool fic by the way!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:18 am
Oh thank you. I know I have way too much OC action, but the sequel will be better, even though it doesn't start out that way.  

Kiera Greyback

CottonCandiedCyanide

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:47 am
Subliminal Effect

...Exactally what she said..
o-O;

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:15 am
OCs tend to have a mary-sue personality.
It's annoying when the fiction is mostly about the OC and they have some main character falling head over heels for the character with no good explanation.

364 Unbirthdays

364 Unbirthdays

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:17 am
Actually... It may be acceptable if s/he is paired with a very minor character, and the writer gives both of them personality.
But then again, there would be not past between them, which is what I tend to love.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:01 am
i could do without them, but ill admit ive read one or two stories with s decent OC in them  

Raiku15

Hatelijk_en_bloeden

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:24 am
Meh, if it's done right, OC's can be just as interesting as the actual characters.
Nice, btw./  
Fanworks

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces