Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Where were you on 9/11? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of all the 9/11 movies coming out?
  Its good. This is an important event of history
  Bad. We dont need to be reminded again and again
  No opinion
View Results

anna bandana

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:58 am
I had just moved from the Philppines to Canada so I really had no idea what the World trade center even was. sweatdrop

On my trip to New york I got to visit ground zero and many of the people on my tour bus were on the verge of tears.
They're already working on the new tower.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:05 pm
I remember it happened when i was in 5th or 6th grade
i was putting on my socks to go to school and we were going to be late. Then i saw the 2nd plane crash and my mom and I sat there and watched it for a few minutes. Later in school we talked about it.  

hyper_azn_girl
Crew

Jhay-R

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:10 pm
It happened way back when when I was only 9... So, I had no idea what was going on or where the world trade center even was. My cousin seemed pretty pissed, and when she yelled at me because I wanted to change the channel when she was watching the news, it took me a while to realize it was something really bad.
So, I got into the news, found out a lot about it, and got really mad about it...

I was at my house at the time, that's all I remember now.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:18 pm
I recall where I was, I was at school (k-8 school) and we were in the begining of 1st hour. My 1st hour was phy ed and I was in 7th grade. I knew who my teacher was and that he had a sister living near the area.

We pretty much spent the entire time listening the news and ignored the class.  

Darkaznstargoddess

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight

I just came back home from school, when I was in 4th grade. I turned on the TV and swam a few channels to only see people talking about the World Trade Center. I had no idea what it was so, I started playing a video game. It's when my mother told me what happened about the two towers being hit by airplanes and all.

It feels so right
To
night

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:34 pm
I remember it...I was in third grade and I was in Art class when it happened. I think it happened around 9 - 10 in the morning or something (I don't really remeber the time XP).... I even saw the smoke from where I used to live. And I remeber how the Teachers conviced us nothing was happening. I didn't even understand what was happening or what it meant till I was a bit older too >.< Wow it's almost that day again.......  

Yoko Hino

[ `RAWR ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:46 pm
at school. My mom came to pick me up, and she told me what happened  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:47 pm
I was in my eighth grade English class. We were practicing our writing skills when the kid who sat in front of me started talking about the World Trade Center and how it was attacked. He said his next door neighbor's wife was in New York on a business trip. My class and I thought he was kidding because we couldn't imagine something so terrible actually happening. It was like a tragedy you would see in a comic book or TV show, not something that could actually happen in real life.

In the next class period, my history teacher turned on the television in her classroom and we watched the live footage from New York City. When we started watching, the second plane had just hit the tower. In the second part of class, many of the students' parents began to arrive and take them home, fearing for their safety confused I didn't understand why they were leaving, the planes weren't going to attack our school.

During lunch, my friends and I started talking about the attacks. We were worried that Houston might be their next target, since the planes were probably targetting the United States' largest cities. And then we began to discuss who was behind the attacks. We thought it was the Palestinians. We were mostly theorizing, we didn't know a whole lot about what was going on. We were only thirteen - years - old at the time. However, talking about the whole thing made us feel better somehow.  

King Henry
Crew

RAWRpham

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:48 pm
i remeber being in third grade and at p.e. while it was happening.....when we came back my teacher told us about it.i didnt really understand what had really happend.i thought some guy just droved his plane into a building in new york but the idea of someone doing that was really bad didnt sink in untill the next day. crying now thinking about it makes me feel kinda bad for not realizing how bad it was the instant i heard about it....  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:59 pm
I was sleeping.  

YELLOW_FD

iMahalKita

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:18 pm
Oh, wow. Um.

I was in the fourth grade, and school just started a week ago.
It was a pretty day, the sun was out, everyone was happy.
And while my teacher was talking, an anouncement came through the loud speaker.
It was about the first and second planes hitting the towers.
No one in my class seemed shocked... we were... clueless?
Except my teacher, who had her son or nephew work near there or something,
and she grabbed her cell and started calling.
[he turned out to be okay, by the way]

And after that, the whole school said a prayer.

I didn't understand it the whole school day, or even after school, until
I saw it on the 9PM news. I felt so bad that I didn't know what was happening.

The days after I got so "into" the whole thing happening.
I cut out comics that related to it and everything.
I felt so sad.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:29 pm
I was thinking if I knew anyone at the WTC. I thought about it.no.....so I didnt really care I think I was like in 7th grade or somethin? neutral  

Reizomaku

flexiqueen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:34 pm
I think that 9/11 was a tragic event but i think its interesting that people would want to bring up such a tragic event all over again...yea
sad  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:42 pm
I was still asleep on the livingroom couch when that happened. sweatdrop My mom had called from work to tell me the news but I was too sleepy to care or understand what she told me. Then it hit me the moment I went to school and the speakers came on to explain what had happened. Some kids went home, the rest of us spent most of our class time just watching the news. It felt so surreal like it couldn't be happening.

...yesterday I was going through my photos of when my class and I took a trip to the East coast.... ....I have this picture I took of New York from a boat...and the WTC is in there... Its slightly creepy...like I'm looking at the ghosts of people who were in that building... sad

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

Animaznboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:46 pm
hyper_azn_girl
I remember it happened when i was in 5th or 6th grade
i was putting on my socks to go to school and we were going to be late. Then i saw the 2nd plane crash and my mom and I sat there and watched it for a few minutes. Later in school we talked about it.
Deeetoe  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces