Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Mormon club and pagan club sharing a table on the quad. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

o rly?
  ya rly
View Results

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:48 pm
Due to my string-pulling, the LDS Student Association and the SCC Pagan Club are going to be sharing a table at Welcome Day at Sacramento City College tomorrow.

Place your bets on what will happen.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:19 pm
It should be amusing. Sadly there is no pagan club (well, that might be a good thing) at my university. There are posters everywhere saying "Campus for Christ" gah....  

VisasMarr

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:14 pm
VisasMarr
It should be amusing. Sadly there is no pagan club (well, that might be a good thing) at my university. There are posters everywhere saying "Campus for Christ" gah....
Could you start one?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:35 pm
Tsuzuki
VisasMarr
Could you start one?

I am one of those extremely disorganised people, I just couldn't pull it off. I'd be better in a secondary type position, some variety of helper, I couldn't pull off starting a club. ^^

There might be an unofficial one... I could always check witchvox.  

VisasMarr

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:54 am
My guess is that unless someone is a complete a*****e, there will be a respectful and friendly exchange.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:04 am
Not knowing any of the members of either club on your campus I can't see why this would inherently cause any problems. Knowing the people of similar organizations at my school I can see where there is the potential for a lot of sticky situations and little potential for either club to gain many new members.  

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:17 am
TeaDidikai
My guess is that unless someone is a complete a*****e, there will be a respectful and friendly exchange.
I'll try to behave, but I can't promise anything. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:16 am
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
I'll try to behave, but I can't promise anything. ninja

Pish. There's behaving, and then there is behaving in a manner that I would appricate.  

TeaDidikai

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:23 am
Sounds like loads of fun to me. They might learn something and you might to. I lived with a mormon for around 6 month though he never really talked about it or about anything she was pretty ignorant so there wasnt a whole lot to talk about. Mormons are taught to know thy enemy atleast thats why my roomate told me and he grew up in a mormon house hold so you might end up having a wonderful discussion.... or being condemed to hell either way have a great time.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:25 am
mouseyanna
Sounds like loads of fun to me. They might learn something and you might to. I lived with a mormon for around 6 month though he never really talked about it or about anything she was pretty ignorant so there wasnt a whole lot to talk about. Mormons are taught to know thy enemy atleast thats why my roomate told me and he grew up in a mormon house hold so you might end up having a wonderful discussion.... or being condemed to hell either way have a great time.
How can someone within the Law of Agape who follows scripture have an ememy in anyone who seeks divinity?  

TeaDidikai

TatteredAngel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:38 pm
TeaDidikai
mouseyanna
How can someone within the Law of Agape who follows scripture have an ememy in anyone who seeks divinity?
They can't. However, in my experience, that's a far cry from what those who are raised Mormon (or other things, for that manner) are taught. I doubt most of my Mormon friends ever heard of the Law of Agape.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:11 pm
TatteredAngel
TeaDidikai
mouseyanna
They can't. However, in my experience, that's a far cry from what those who are raised Mormon (or other things, for that manner) are taught. I doubt most of my Mormon friends ever heard of the Law of Agape.
But even without that- the idea of a division of Christendom that has a Goddess being at odds with the generic Neo-Pagan scene doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  

TeaDidikai

TatteredAngel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:19 pm
TeaDidikai
But even without that- the idea of a division of Christendom that has a Goddess being at odds with the generic Neo-Pagan scene doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
Me either. The serious Mormon I've talked with most nearly stopped talking to me the moment he realized I wasn't some flavor of Christian, though, and some careful prodding around those matters seemed to come down in the end to fundamental differences in morals and the like. It was really hard to even talk about what might be similar in our beliefs, because for the way he saw things, the differences were so shattering. Not to say I'm not still entirely baffled, but that seems to be a standard line- that the differences set everyone apart more than similarities bring them together.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:20 pm
TeaDidikai
TatteredAngel
TeaDidikai
mouseyanna

They barely recognize her, though. She's submissive to their Heavenly Father, but in the usual odd Mormon-doctrine way. That is, ostensibly equal but expected to serve. My seminary teacher told his class that we aren't to speak of her but once in a while because God doesn't want her names vulgarized like his are. This gives me the feeling that the leaders are intentionally pushing her to the side.  

Aesi

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:33 pm
Things went pretty smoothly for the most part. We moved the LDS club to the next table over that was unclaimed so they could have more room. I had hoped to get a bit more mingling and discussion between the two clubs, but there was only one other Mormon there besides me at the table, and he was busy with passers by. There's also the fact that we were right next to a really loud band.

Anyway, the seeds have been planted.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces