Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Funerals and death Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vampyre_smiles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:20 pm
My brother passed away last night (Aug 29, 2006) aand I will be going to his funeral. I thought I might ask: What are your views on death? How do you deal with someone close to you dying? If you generally are ok with funerals, is there any difference when it's someone really close?

I miss my brother, but I already feel kind of numb.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:22 pm
Stop using your brothers death to get free clothing for your avi.
confused
Get the cash yourself.
Geez!

Mz.Wiggles

Spooky Ames

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:40 pm
When my mother died 3 years ago, I had an emotional breakdown. That was the only funeral I've been to.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:15 pm
I've been to more than my fair share of funerals in the past couple of years. My uncle died this year, my grandpa on my dad's side last year, and the year before that my grandpa on my mom's side. I know I have another uncle somwhere around all that too. I think the year before my mom's dad.

Anyways, I don't worry too much about the people have passed. My mom's dad was suffering for a while before he passed, so I felt better for him when he was gone because he didn't have to suffer anymore. I was still sad, and I still cried but at least he wasn't trapped in a painful shell anymore.

I've found that each time someone has passed though it isn't as painful to loose that person, as to see the pain and suffering it has brought to those who were closest to them. I do my best to console my family members, but in the end all I can really do is just to be there for them. The last funeral I went to was a bit of a shock; my uncle Joe had died of a heart attack and I didn't find out about it till towards the last moment. I broke down at the wake because I hadn't had time for it all to sink in. He had always been so full of life and so jubilant (if argumentative) that I just lost it for a little while. My composure cracked and crumbled, and I had to kindof hide out from my aunt for a little while so I wouldn't set her off.

Saying goodbye is always a tough thing to do, but you just have to take the good memeories of all the times you've shared together. All the ways that they have touched upon your heart, and to think back on those times spent fondly. If might be hard, and it might take a little while, but you have to keep moving forward with your own life.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

zeratul52

3,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:40 pm
My neighbor passed away a few days ago. They're gonna have a memorial for him tomarrow (Aug. 31st), which I do not get to go to because school sucks. Anyways, the death of someone close doesn't really effect me. People die everyday, and I can't do anything about it. Although I do miss the people who have died that were close to me, I know I just have to move on without them, whether I like it or not. As for my views on death, death is a natural part of life. Everyone dies in the end. Personally, I would rather have death come to me now rather than later so I don't have to deal with all the people who annoy me... but that's just me...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:59 pm
I don't know. I've never had anyone very close to me die. But I have had strangers' deaths affect me. Well, not entirely. Two people from my school got into a car accident, and somehow that really bothered me a lot more than anything else. But my view toward death is actually very pragmatic. I believe that life is part of death, or vice versa, and there's nothing we can do about it. If you enjoy life enough and don't want to die in the end, then that's a good life for me. If you die, struggling to live, then that's admirable. But maybe that's just me. Maybe dying with resignation is better. Who knows?  

SilverMystic13

mildlycrazy13

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:44 am
I usually end up a total mess when someone close, or not close dies. Even if I barely know the person I end up crying. My friend's grandfather died last year and I'd never met him once, but I cried.
But You just got to keep moving on. It's harder if you know the person well, but if the person was suffering then it's sort of good they died in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
It is normal to feel numb..when my sister died I was fine through all of the "family events" and went to school thereafter for about 3 days then on the 3rd day I came home and went to sleep to wake up in the hospital.. doctors said I had an emotional shutdown from seeing her kill herself..I hope your spirts are lifted even though no words can fix it..  

XxBloodyXWristxX

Getsukodomo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:31 am
When my aunt died, I just cried a lot. I felt real alone, not because she was a big part in my life, but because I thought my friends wern't there for me, when I was really just not sharing anything with them. In fact, I shut myself in so much that during the last week of school last year, somehow I mentioned that my aunt died, and 2 of my friends didn't know(my aunt dies 3 years ago, and they were both my friends during that time). So, the only advice I can give is to make sure that you do go to your friends... I didn't and got extreamly depressed beacuse a) my aunt died and b) I thought my friends didn't care  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:51 pm
I've had several people close to me pass away, the most recent being 19th November 2005. After that I just broke inside. For a long time things lost meaning, and I lost myself; weak? Yes I know. But I'm out of it now. I got like that becuase I let myself slide which was a bad mistake to make.

I believe people pass away becuase they've reached a certains tage where nothing more could make them better, or they have achieved all that they have potential to. Something like that...I'm too tired to explain properly.  

Perestroyka

The_Heart_of_All_Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:58 pm
while i respect your attempt to honor him..i dont think getting pixelated clothes for another lump of pixels will really help...anyways if you must...get your own cash  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:08 pm
Death, is inevitable.
When it happens, it was your time and theres nothing you can do to change that.
I personaly love cemetaries, and funerals.
I have had only one person close to me die.
He was the only friend I had in my 6th grade year of school.
He died of a heart attack at the age of 12.

I was devastated, for many years. But I recently got over it.
His death is what helped me to see that, the world is an unfair and often cruel place, despite how "Good" of a person you are.

Also, if he didnt die, I would not be as I am today.
I maybe Goth now, but before he died I was into alot of the stuff I hate now, the stuff I find annoying to no end.
His death inspired me to do all that I can beofre it's my time to die. I embraced newer and broader interests.
My interest in the paranormal, psychology, and literature sky rocketed. And I feel I am a better person now.

There are a few other things that contributed, but they are irrelevant to this particular topic.  

Al-aaraaf

childofdarkness666

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:31 pm
I'm not to bothered by it all. It's my kind of thing, anyway and it's the only way I can dress how I do without getting weird looks. Yes, it's sad that the person you were close to died, it can be hard to get over, but it was their time and everyone has to die someday.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:42 pm
When my grandpa died two years ago I pretty much shutted down, didn't want my friends anymore or family. Alot fo my friends were like 'oh well, get over it it happens' Bull. Because the way he died.. It wasn't right. Course now I hate all my friends and family member's that I won't have anything to do with anymore, but I try to block out my grandpa from my mind. I can't think of him or I'll just shut down even more but that is the way I am because we were so close. He was like the black sheep in his family growing up, like I am with the family, so we were always close. my grandma is kicking the bucket right now and I don't care, but I have my reason's for it. All I can say is try to forget about it..  

GreedsLittleEdo

slipknot_him_slut

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:04 am
well i've lost a lot of people close to me like 2 years ago a lost a good friend and a whle ago i lost my 2 little sisters and i find that weither the person was close to u or not the funerial is still hard for me ....but i have this problem where to deal with situations like that i tend to smile or laugh so i get really bad look but i can't help it....but losing someone close to you is never easy...sorry for your lose  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff