Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Return to the Labyrinth] Shounen-ai? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maybe it's going to be full of BL? :D
  HELLZ YES.
  Ew. D: No.
  Pollwhore. -_-
View Results

Kami Llama

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:41 pm
Return to the Labyrinth

User Image

"The Goblin King has kept a watchful eye on Toby: His minions secretly guiding and protecting the child... Legions of goblins work behind the scenes to ensure that Toby has whatever his heart desires... Preparing him for the day when he will return to the Labyrinth and take his rightful place beside Jareth as the heir to the Goblin Kingdom...

That day has come...

But no one has told Toby."

Argh. o_o; This really seems like it could be slash-happy. I'm a huge fan of the original movie, and I've read quite a few fanfics where this exact situation took place to very sexy ends. x.x;

I might have to go buy this...

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:48 pm
Hummmmmmmmm...........looks....interesting 4laugh  

Ethello

Aeronwyn

14,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:26 am
I hope so!! The art looks so lovely too... *crosses fingers*

I love the Labyrinth, I've seen it so many time it's quite worrying! Lol.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:27 pm
n.n; It kind of amuses me. I didn't want to click on the ad banner for it at first because I just assumed that it was going to be some horrible monstrosity of Sue-ness. Because, I mean... it looks like a GIRL on the cover. Toby is wearing a DRESS.

The accurateness of this manga could be debated, though. The synopsis explains that Toby is the "rightful heir to the Kingdom." But... why would that be? He's not Jareth's son, nor is he Sarah's. He's Sarah's half-brother, whom Jareth kidnapped and spent 13 hours with in a fruitless attempt to seduce Sarah. Why does this make him the rightful heir to the kingdom?

So it could be argued that the manga authors aren't sticking to the movie's storyline, but I digress. n.n; Huzzah and all that, Border's has ordered it for me, and I should have it by next week. I'll let you all know how it is after I read it.

Kami Llama

Seijaku_Ishida

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:46 pm
I HATED the manga.

But slash is possible.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:58 am
Nee-chan got it from Walden Books in the mall. Even though the cover is awesome the art sucks. It seems to just be making fun of the movie.  

AtlantisChildren

Invisible Fairy

animeaddict195x

3,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:07 pm
AtlantisChildren
Nee-chan got it from Walden Books in the mall. Even though the cover is awesome the art sucks. It seems to just be making fun of the movie.
That's sad I was looking foward to it!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:39 pm
I had wanted to buy it. I saw it when I was looking at DofD and checked it out. It looked cool. I think I'll still get it (when I have money) even if people say it's not good. I like a lot of stuff that others don't.  

Psychotic Hammer Assassin

Eloquent Smoker

6,200 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100

asphyxiatemysoul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:26 pm
I friggin died laughing when I saw an ad for this in my Tokyopop Manga magazine today.
See, I never got to see the whole movie because we only watched the beginning in art class. However, David Bowie scares the crap out of me. Therefore, the mangafied version of him was quite amusing to me.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:46 pm
asphyxiatemysoul
I friggin died laughing when I saw an ad for this in my Tokyopop Manga magazine today.
See, I never got to see the whole movie because we only watched the beginning in art class. However, David Bowie scares the crap out of me. Therefore, the mangafied version of him was quite amusing to me.

eek

David Bowie scares you? I love that guy! I thought the mangafied version was smexy!  

Psychotic Hammer Assassin

Eloquent Smoker

6,200 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Yaoi_cutie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:54 pm
AtlantisChildren

My friend is strangely obsessed with David Bowie in that movie, so I was going to get her the book. Then I saw the art. You're right! It SUCKS! crying  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:51 pm
DO NOT BUY THAT MANGA!!!!

Why: That art you see there on the cover is a horrible, wretched, LIE. Open it up and it's a different artist. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. And the story is awful. It's disjointed. I disliked it so much, that I sent it across Canada to someone who thought about buying it to save their money.

Slash would make it more fun though xd  

Ghost Suit

Dapper Phantom

Pomba Gira

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:16 pm
Its a shame you all say its crap. The cover and story make it sound so slashable. Damn them!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:31 pm
I was able to look past the below-average art (which it is, I won't deny that) because of the story which seemed like it could be promising..

and hell if the awesome cover isn't worth it.  

Skizzors
Crew

blackwhiteandsilver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:35 pm
It's a trap, and they killed my Bowie and raped my childhood and set my memories on fire. scream  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games