73%  [ 19 ]
death
26%
 26%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 26

Wolf_Suit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:38 am
Greetings My lovable goths
I've always found that .. I can't help but love goths.
But one thing thats always puzzeled me is the Obession of death....
I take it you's don't like killing people... (non Jocks and cheerleader types razz )
And well... is it that one wonders what happens after life?
What happens before life?
What happens in somes life in the middle?
why not just love life as it is?
instead of talking about how dose one wish too die... how dose one wish too live?

please return a message that you've put thought into...
ANd please everyone say there view no one knock each others  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:46 am
It's just one of those things that a lot of people spend a lot of time puzzling over because it's really a mystery to people what happens after life has ended. No one can say with absolute certainty, so there is always a degree of faith and belief that plays a role in what people think will happen at the end.

As for life, it isn't quite as mysterious since it is an everyday occurence, but no less special or important than death really. For my personal views, I believe in reincarnation, so I do think that I've lived before, and that I'll live again.

Towards the middle of life a lot of people either come to a crossroads or find themselves gripped in a crisis of sorts. They reflect upon their life and what they've accomplished and realize what feats they always wanted to achieve that were never realized. A lot of people start to attempt to rush to do as much as possible before death when they realize they have grown old and still have so much left undone that they had wished to achieve.

I see nothing wrong with enjoying life and to trying to realize as many of your dreams as possible. I wish to live my life not just as a day to day monotius cycle, but to have each new day as a new experience. Sadly a lot of the less than pleasant aspects of life have weighed down my ability to find new joy and excitment in the little things as often as I would like to, but I still manage to find small joys and amusements in some of the smallest things at times.

Thank you for making an intersting topic. ^_^  

lurichan
Vice Captain

childofdarkness666

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:48 am
3nodding
I agree.
For me anyway, I'm obsessed with death because it's so ununderstood. No one knows for sure what happens, or how, when, whare, all that. That's why those questions like "How will you di?" Get so frequently asked. I anyway, consider it interesting. It's like an uncharted course on the map of life.
However, yes, it is also good to try to enjoy life! I try to live as good as I can though sometimes it doesn't turn out the way I want. Some people just can't help wondering.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:45 am
I think about death a lot because it's unknown. No one knows for sure what waits on the other side.  

Elle Razor

Krys_Night

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:01 am
I think about the unknown factor of death, not the death thing itself, I want to know what happens, are all the near death experiences true. When I'm bored with nothing to do, I ponder these questions, because this is what I find fun, thinking.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:28 am
An interesting question, However, Slighly wrong put.
You see, the great thing about being "Goth" - or any other controverial subculture for that matter, is that there Are No Musts!
We are not controlled by what the cool kids and the girly mags say. Affected, sure, But we stand above it.
And of course there are different reasons as to why someone would choose to assume a look like this, But to be Goth in mind, to be strong enough- and willing to express oneself in whatever liberal manner of ones choice,

Is to be free.

Well, not really. No one is completely free and independent from society and all its norms.
But it did sound quite catchy, I think.  

Athiel

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:45 am
The way I work with death; I've experienced a really painful one. By seeing it as "cool and mysterious", I cope with it instead of dreading it as this big terrible thing.

Life is terrible. The world, I mean. I love my family and friends but the world makes me so sad. Death at least is a resting place.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:10 am
I think obsessing on death is obsessing on life...they are the same.

Each person can only live their own life, make their own decisions and then--live with them until they die.

Life is only what you put into it, until you die.

After life you are no longer in control.

Obsessing, on death, is a control issue.  

sutoyou

KoRnfucius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:16 pm
I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with it. I barely think about it to be honest. I know I posted in the other topic about my death preferences or whatever, but most of those things I came up with like two years ago. I haven't thought much of it since.

How do I wish to live? Well, I wish I could travel. And be happy. And find my one true love, sappy as that may sound. Other than that I don't care much. Preferably I'll like my job, though at this point I'm debating changing my major. I would love to live in a castle. I guess I just don't ponder these things that much.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:37 am
It is my belief that Death is just part of Life, and after your life on earth is over, your life after Death begins.
Death happens and you can't escape it... why not embrace it instead of wasting your life being afraid of it?

tetrasmaster

Willie-John[Abomination]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:53 pm
lurichan
It's just one of those things that a lot of people spend a lot of time puzzling over because it's really a mystery to people what happens after life has ended. No one can say with absolute certainty, so there is always a degree of faith and belief that plays a role in what people think will happen at the end.

As for life, it isn't quite as mysterious since it is an everyday occurence, but no less special or important than death really. For my personal views, I believe in reincarnation, so I do think that I've lived before, and that I'll live again.

Towards the middle of life a lot of people either come to a crossroads or find themselves gripped in a crisis of sorts. They reflect upon their life and what they've accomplished and realize what feats they always wanted to achieve that were never realized. A lot of people start to attempt to rush to do as much as possible before death when they realize they have grown old and still have so much left undone that they had wished to achieve.

I see nothing wrong with enjoying life and to trying to realize as many of your dreams as possible. I wish to live my life not just as a day to day monotius cycle, but to have each new day as a new experience. Sadly a lot of the less than pleasant aspects of life have weighed down my ability to find new joy and excitment in the little things as often as I would like to, but I still manage to find small joys and amusements in some of the smallest things at times.

Thank you for making an intersting topic. ^_^

agreed....  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:33 pm
I believe that life is something that we are blessed with, and the reason that many of us who do ponder about death is because death has a thick shroud of mystery. We all wonder if there is a Heaven, Hell, Netherworld, or some kind of afterlife...or maybe there is no afterlife at all, no matter what form of religion (or no religion) we have. It is true that no matter what, we can't run away or avoid death, but perhaps its because this transition of states of living that many people yearn for...I don't know, but maybe that's why many of us are "obsessed" with death.  

Whisperer~Nightshade

m. schiste13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:13 pm
To say the least, i'm not obsessed with death at all. i don't see it as an obstacle or a thing to be afraid of...I don't quite think of it that often. If anything, I'm obsessed with bunnies: heart (I'm joking). Seriosly, some people just contemplate it more than others.....I find the subject of death interesting but....not something to get obsessed with (for me personally).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:00 am
Hahah I am not obessed with death I just don't care if I die. Not like Im out looking for it, I just know it will eventually happen so I live life to the fullest while I am here...  

XxBloodyXWristxX

Getsukodomo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:51 am
Im not obsessed with death, but I've found that I love planning suicides. I'm never planning on actually killing myself(because a lot of the suicides I plan wouldn't even work--especially the ones I plan with friends XD) but its just...fun. Especially making real weird ones, its amuses me.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff