Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maverick Strife
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:15 pm
Here are the rules of roleplaying.
1. No god modding. It gets annoying.
2. Don't take control of another members characters UNLESS THEY ARE UNABLE TO CONTINUE AND SAY IT'S OKAY.
3. Respect other players.
4. no, and I mean NO cybering!!! Love scenes are allowed but keep the whole thing PG rated!!!
5. You gotta get hit sometimes (unless you are the main enemy but it has to be later and you have to have a weakness.) This mostly goes under god modding.
6. If you are playing as a main character ask the guy running the rp to see if it is alright. He or she may want it where the main character are already dead (future) or its before they even existed (past).
7. As Rush as kindly stated, your character can't know EVERYTHING. This is a form of GODMODDING. The only time your character can know if they're about to be tricked or backstabbed is if they can read the mind of others. But even then, it can't be ALL the time!
8. Rush pointed this out: Keep out of character posts in something we can identify as not in character stuff. (()) is recommended, but {} will work, too.
9. NO CHATTING IN THE RPs! Do that in a chatty place. It holds back the story of the RP... if there is one...
10. Guys, do you know how big those quote trees can get? Yeah, no more of them. Please, if you must quote, edit the quote a little bit so that you're only quoting the last post. Okay?
11. We're sorry if this wasn't clear before... but... no emoticons. You should be able to describe how your character feels with WORDS, not pictures.
12. Script format = bad RP. TeaFlower wags her finger at this. (Mav posted this first, but as head of the RP subforum, TeaFlower gets to muck with the rules.) It makes it a lot easier if you describe what's going on. When you think of an RP, think of... a story book! No script! 'Kay?
13. (wow, I'm getting strict about this!) Please, in the name of all that is holy... USE CORRECT GRAMMAR! It drives me up a wall and back when people use chatspeak in RPs. I gotta dig up the Chat-to-English dictionary... and that's one of a kind! Not everyone is as gifted as me! Please, for everyone's mind, we should all know English (English site here!), so don't waste that knowledge. Use it here. I will accept grammar errors (like, 'dude, this is awesome. may i join?' or even without the punctuation!), but if you use chat speak (as in, 'lol that's so funny i pwned you') I will edit it and give you a warning. ... once I get proper punishments for all our rules, I'll put them here.

If there is any rules i missed rush will back me up on it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:28 am
Hmm...You got just about everything covered...Except for maybe
"Don't make use of out of character knowledge-meaning you may know something the character you're roleplaying shouldn't. If your character is about to be tricked or backstabed, they can't automatically know"  

Rush The Mongoose
Vice Captain

Rush The Mongoose
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:11 am
Oh I forgot:
All off topic posts need to be within (()). These include questions about the roleplay, telling people you have to go ect. THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO CHAT! Unless you're chatting in character.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:00 pm
User Image
Rolling around at the speed of sound.
I got places to go, gotta follow my rainbow!
Can't stick around, have to keep moving on.
Guess what lies ahead? Only one way to find out!

For certain roleplays, can we make a literacy rule?
I'm a literate roleplayer, and it'd be nice if we had something for everyone.

Oh, and can we make a rule about staying in character, please?

Leowna
Crew

Friendly Conversationalist

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200

thebigten1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:30 pm
go sonic  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:51 pm
hhmmm..... sounds good to me! BUT, is a weakness considered, like, love, or Daimond, or somthing??????????  

Naruto Sonic Fan2689

Serenla

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:21 pm
Which rps have sonic in them?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:24 pm
Best way to find out would be to read them, the name can offer a good hint as 2000 years after sonic's time does say a lot, if the name does not help normally on the first page of an RP is the basic information(first post).
Hope that helps  

Asuyuia
Crew

x_Soah_x

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:38 pm
Here's a question for everyone who reads this. Has anyone (other than then the current RPers) actually read the RPs that are going on right now?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:09 am
I have :p  

Rizel-chan Iwaki

~Train Station~(Rp Subforum)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out