Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Cellulite, Stretch Marks and Saggyness xD Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So which have you had/or still have?
  Stretch marks
  Cellulite
  Sagging skin
  one or more
  Hell, all three xD
View Results

Deadlock Victim

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:52 am
Cellulite, stretch marks and sagging skin...oh how I loathe them all.

Most of us have one of the three..If not a bit of all. The stretch marks from putting on too much weight to soon. The damned cellulite on thighs and behinds that we will probably never be able to get rid of..and even if you are skinny you still might get it....

Not forgetting the little bits of "sag" here and there some of us may also have from losing weight. I haven't got much of this yet, but I'm worried about my stomach and what happens when I lose weight around there, will it turn into saggy skin?

My personal expericences...

stretch marks:

I used to have a few stretch marks around my thighs and hips, but you could hardly see them, and they didn't really bother me. But now I have some on my stomach/belly area. I guess my body couldn't cope with the amount of weight I had put on in one go. However I've lost around 10lbs now and most of them you can hardly see them, so I'm hoping when I lose a bit more weight the rest of the stretch marks will blend in xD

Cellulite:

scream So your telling me that even if I lose weight I'm still going to have this? - Yup. Sad ain't it? There are creams and lotions and even things such as liposuction...but you will never get rid of it "completely".

It's worst on my thighs, I look down and I can see all the lumps and bumps and when I press a bit of the skin..orange peel gonk it's like it's everywhere. Losing weight does help reduce it though, but I have yet to see the results of this.

Sagging body parts xD

Since I haven't lost a lot of weight yet, I haven't come across much of this, however I do wish my boobs were perkier xD. At the moment I'm only really about a 20lbs overweight, (Although I do want to lose about 30-40lbs so I have a cushion that if I put on weight I will still be within the healthy range) and since I am still young, hopefully when I do lose more weight, most of the skin will tighten back into place.

Resources you may find interesting:

Stretch Marks:

How to prevent and treat stretch marks - ivillage

Teens Health - Stretch Marks

Cellulite:

Cellulite solutions - ivillage

Sagging Skin

Staying Toned After Weight Loss - webMD

So do you have any experiences with any of the topics above? Do you have any tips to share? Feel free to post xD and add your own links!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:11 am
I don't want my skin to sag either gonk  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:55 pm
oh yes... the loveliness of stretch marks. I am one big stretch mark :p  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:50 pm
Cellulite is actually your fat cells. As you lose weight, they get smaller. You can prevent them from getting bigger by eating the right foods. You can get rid of it ^^;  

Volta

Miya12
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:21 am
when i was lossing weight last year i didn't think i'd be left with so many stretch marks, what joy, plus my boobs are like non existant now sad  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:44 am
Volta
Cellulite is actually your fat cells. As you lose weight, they get smaller. You can prevent them from getting bigger by eating the right foods. You can get rid of it ^^;

I know what cellulite is...and I know you can lessen the appearance of it and prevent it by losing weight and eating the right food...but most people will never get rid of it completely.  

Deadlock Victim

hydroh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:55 pm
I have stretch marks on my inner thighs and on my lower back. emo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:21 pm
Isn't there a special cream that can help get rid of stretch marks? I think it's a coconut oil cream or something..  

Volta

Alchemical

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:29 pm
I know that as women we have a rough time with cellulite since ours are shaped like honey combs and arn't round like mens. Even very thin girls often have cellulite, so it's good to remember that.

Honestly, they also get really inflated when you have a lot of toxins in your body and excess water. The only want to rid yourself of both excess toxins and water is to... drink more water! And excerise to flush the bad stuff out.

Vitamin K and E helps on stretch marks... So does kelp. You can put it in bathes, it's good for your skin and feels nice.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:17 pm

My number one fear of loosing weight, sagging boobs, or my breasts getting SMALLER! i have always had the largest breasts in my family, i love them dearly.... I don't want them to change!! razz

The Eternal Optimist

Frog Juice

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:43 pm
I have faint stretch marks on my boobs, very very faint, thankfully. I don't really mind, it's not like they're in a place where I'm going to show them off xD.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:19 pm
The Eternal Optimist

My number one fear of loosing weight, sagging boobs, or my breasts getting SMALLER! i have always had the largest breasts in my family, i love them dearly.... I don't want them to change!! razz

that kind of does make you more at risk to getting breast cancer...I have the biggest in my family too...but though I don't want to lose them, I prefer for them to go down to a decent size and lessen that risk. Boobs aren't everything y'know wink

As for stretch marks...I have them...ashamed but hopefully they'll fade.  

Volta

carebearmillard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:10 pm
I've had stretch marks since I was a teen. Even when I was 135lbs. Getting a tan seems to help them be less noticable. Mine have gotten worse since I had a baby.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:51 pm
too late for me... ever since i had my daughter my skin is just so... ew. if i get small and still don't get rid of that i'm going to get a lift on my stomach or whatever it is, just to take away extra skin.  

Cult movies ftw

Anxious Flip-Flopper

SquishyAngeh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:28 pm
ugg...I hate my strech marks, I have so many of them from growing up fat. I hate that im never gunna be TRUELY skinny...I will never be able to wear a bikini or anything, because of my stupid strech marks. Oh and the saggy skin thing is what I worry about the most, cause its not very attractive when your trying to be loving with your bf...LOL  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games