Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Pet rocks Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever owned / cosidered owning a pet rock?
Yes. I have one here... come pet rock, COME TO ME!! Haha!
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
No. As they are inanimate and not resistant to erosion.
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Perhaps if the pet rock comes fully functional...
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
I really have doubts as to sanity of this guild. I really, REALLY do.
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 20

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

rolleyes I have no idea the format that the original thread took, so I suppose it began with somebody saying they had a pet rock etc. Illy brought it up and so I decided to re-create the discussion of pet rocks. It is, in essence, the off-topic rock-based thread.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:17 pm
Here have some free pets *throws rocks at random guild members*

Oh no, they're coming!

They're coming to take me away haha, hoho, hehe

and_solo_said

Ares

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:36 pm
To the funny farm, where life is beautiful everyday!  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:41 pm
Ares
To the funny farm, where life is beautiful everyday!

Well, that deviated quicker than I anticipated. It must be a record. One post.
rolleyes Illy mentioned she had that song on vinyl...  

Nebelstern
Crew

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:05 pm
Someone came up with a post in ED (although the gods alone know why) that she hated pet rocks.

I pointed out that in hating them so much, they were providing a useful function in preventing cruelty to animals...This is achieved by their taking the place of the cat in "kick the cat syndrome".

And it kinda went on from there, Invi and I making very good comments in relation to the nature of wild rocks, such as those found roaming the expanses of Dartmoor, to clump together at the sides of roads in order to make themselves look bigger and therefore more threatening to Chavs and the like.

At which point, the original creator of the thread ran away.  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:09 pm
illyrianth
Someone came up with a post in ED (although the gods alone know why) that she hated pet rocks.

I pointed out that in hating them so much, they were providing a useful function in preventing cruelty to animals...This is achieved by their taking the place of the cat in "kick the cat syndrome".

And it kinda went on from there, Invi and I making very good comments in relation to the nature of wild rocks, such as those found roaming the expanses of Dartmoor, to clump together at the sides of roads in order to make themselves look bigger and therefore more threatening to Chavs and the like.

Ah, nostalgia... xd
Looking at the pictures I posted at the top, how did they manage to find rocks that naturally smooth? Or are they *gasps* man-made?
gonk  

Nebelstern
Crew

Ph_ish

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:22 pm
Nebelstern
illyrianth

Ah, nostalgia... xd
Looking at the pictures I posted at the top, how did they manage to find rocks that naturally smooth? Or are they *gasps* man-made?
gonk

They're probably sea-smoothed pebbles. You know, the sort you just have to pick up when you see them on the beach because they're so round and smooth and perfect and they fit in your hand just right... but then you see another one and pick it up but on the other side there's a little dent with some dried seaweed in and you're overcome with disappointment and disgust...
Or is that just me?  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:28 pm
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
illyrianth

Ah, nostalgia... xd
gonk

They're probably sea-smoothed pebbles. You know, the sort you just have to pick up when you see them on the beach because they're so round and smooth and perfect and they fit in your hand just right... but then you see another one and pick it up but on the other side there's a little dent with some dried seaweed in and you're overcome with disappointment and disgust...
Or is that just me?

No, no...
I mean it's not as if the people here are more sane than you. Quite the contrary.

I have doubts though as to the smoothness of them. It actually looks a bit like an egg, does it not? Veery suspicious...

Nebelstern
Crew

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:55 pm
My rock talks to me. xd

Wouldnt it be a funny shaped egg? Ive seen eggs with no shells, even double eggs but none that shaped.
Its a very clean rock though. Shouldnt it be green and slimey? But if people actually buy them... Hmm. Might be paying the beach a visit.  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:13 am
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
illyrianth

Ah, nostalgia... xd
gonk

Or is that just me?

No, no...
I mean it's not as if the people here are more sane than you. Quite the contrary.

I have doubts though as to the smoothness of them. It actually looks a bit like an egg, does it not? Veery suspicious...

Not quite egg-shaped... although it is odd that the one in photo and the picture on the cover of the book are so similar. They're almost too uniform to be natural...  

Ph_ish

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:18 am
"Do what we say, or we'll throw rocks at you."  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:49 am
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
illyrianth

Ah, nostalgia... xd
gonk

Or is that just me?

No, no...

Not quite egg-shaped... although it is odd that the one in photo and the picture on the cover of the book are so similar. They're almost too uniform to be natural...

Could it be that we have just uncovered a great pet rock scam?!ANYONE who sells a rock as a pet is part of a scam...  

Nebelstern
Crew

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:15 am
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
Ph_ish
Nebelstern
illyrianth

Ah, nostalgia... xd
gonk

Or is that just me?

No, no...

Could it be that we have just uncovered a great pet rock scam?!ANYONE who sells a rock as a pet is part of a scam...

Maybe its all one rock. Once you have finished with your pet rock it goes back in time and they sell it again. Cuts down on manufacturing costs.  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:08 am
I've seen pet rocks in shop windows with googly eyes and stuck on hair.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:24 am
Foetus In Fetu
I've seen pet rocks in shop windows with googly eyes and stuck on hair.

Yes, but are they REAL pet rocks? Huh? You know, the ones with the box and the guide that look suspiciously manufactured...
I suppose they count. The whole notion of pet rocks is ultimately pointless though.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff