Sex Pistols Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lolita_Mana-sama
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:55 am
Suprisingly most people that are huge fans of NANA don't know anything about the Sex Pistols and that is a shame. They are one of my favorite bands.

References to the Sex Pistols

Ren and NANA are suppost to be Sid Vicious and Nancy
Ren is suppost to look like Sid and the chain and lock he wears around his neck with the R engraved on it is the same as Sid's
Like NANA gave the lock and chain to Ren, Nancy gave it to sid.
In the beggining of every episode the is a poster for Sid and Nancy Love Kills. Sid and Nancy is a movie about their relationship and their drug problem and is also a movie about the Sex Pistols. Jonny Rotten the singer for the Sex Pistols said they protraed Sid poorly.
In many episodes you see NANA or and some of the other Black Stones members wearing Sex Pistols t-shirts often God Save The Queen logo on it which is one of the Sex Pistols albums
The characters fashionation with Vivian Westwood. Jonny Rotten additioned for the singer for the Sex Pistols in Vivian Westwood's shop in england.
The manajor for the Sex Pistols was also one of the owners of the store and Vivian's partner. The clothing store is named Sex.
Vivian Westwood also designed all the cloths for the band. Everything they wore was under the Westwood brand.
Ren was the bass player for a Sex Pistol's cover album
Will add more refernces later.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:02 am
Sex Pistols

Band Members

Jonny Rotten (real name John Joseph Lydon) Lead Singer
Sid Vicious (real name Simon John Ritchie-Beverly) Bass
Steve Jones Guitar
Paul Cook drums  

Lolita_Mana-sama
Vice Captain

Lolita_Mana-sama
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:10 am
Sex Pistols FAQ

Sid Vicious was named after Jonny Rotten's hampster Sid the Vicious. The hampster was known for biting people. Thus the name. Sid on the other hand was just the opposite of the name. Jonny had told this to the press about Sid, "Sid couldn't punch his way out of a bag of crisps!"

The song God Save the Queen (Not the national anthem but their version mind you) was banned from England because of it's mockery for the Queen. They releast the song on the day of Queen Elizabeth II's Silver Jubilee, May 27, 1977.

Sid Vicious could not actualy play bass. During alot of concerts his amp was turned off. Sid asked Lemmy Kilmister of Motörhead to teach him to play bass saying, "I can't play bass." and Kilmisters responce was, "I know."

add more later  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:44 am
yeah that is sad that not a lot of people know about them.. they are great i love their music...  

nanafan

Robo-Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:21 pm
I've heard of the band, but never got to listen to any of their music. The name is somewhat of a turn off.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:14 pm
The name actualy isn't a sexual induento dispite how it sounds.  

Lolita_Mana-sama
Vice Captain

Robo-Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:49 pm
I didn't think so. What kind of rock do they play? I hope it's not metal because I do not like metal.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:13 am
THey are 100% Punk Rock.  

Ichigosama
Captain

nanafan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:01 am
they are punk punk ftw! rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:40 pm
I'm not a huge punk fun *DODGES BULLETS*, but you better recognize the Sex Pistols! They're like the first and the original. razz  

cupocofe

Lolita_Mana-sama
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:54 pm
Actualy The Ramones have the title of the first punk band.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:30 pm
Agreed, but SP are much more... influential, so to say.  

cupocofe

nanafan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:26 pm
the ramones are pretty influential too..i think...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:31 am
cupocofe
Agreed, but SP are much more... influential, so to say.
Actualy I dissagree with that statement. I say they are equal.  

Lolita_Mana-sama
Vice Captain

invisibIe boii

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:15 am
hmmmm, i like them but the whole sid and nancy thing is scarying me, in the manga the plot is getting darker and.....well....you know what happened to sid and nancy.....
SPOILER- highlight
ren is taking drugs and has fatasied about killing nana.....  
Official NANA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff