78%
 78%  [ 11 ]
Both (I have 2+ tanks)
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

The Magic Pimpbus

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:47 pm
I was wondering what type of tanks most people have.

I have a puny 10-gallon freshwater tank, mostly populated by guppies, mollies, tetras, and some zebra things. I think once my other fish die, I'm gonna fill it all with guppies since I love them so much.

And to those who have a saltwater... how hard is it to keep? Lots of time and money involved? I'm curious 3nodding

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:17 pm
All my tanks are freshwater right now. At my pet stores the saltwater fish are really expensive and I want to get a bigger tank before any saltwater species come in.  

Pyfe

Metagon

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:21 pm
To tell the truth my saltwater tank is empty... I'm planning on taking it down since I'll be going off to college soon. However, I still have freshwater and brackish aquaria...

Saltwater isn't that much harder, but you should watch it more closely than freshwater. Partly because more money rides on it... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:07 pm
I just recently bought for my mom a 40 liters thank with 11 fishes
1 of the 2 guppies die alredy. I dont like those thinks they dont resist hanging up with big guys
Freshwater

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Jonathan_McCim
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:26 am
I have a 55 gallon Freshwater tank. I have said it's contents already. I hope to get another tank soon and I'd love it to be saltwater, though I think I'm going to stick with Freshwater. I'm not sure what will go in this one.  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:39 pm
I have (2) 50 gallon freshwater tanks. I'd get a saltwater...but its just too expensive...  

BluDragon35
Vice Captain

Wealthy Sex Symbol

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kansai_Gal

Aged Browser

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:36 pm
I've only got freshwater because 1) going to college soon and don't trust my parents 2) it'll be easier to find adopters once I'm done with college.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:16 am
mine is a 55 gallon freshwater, it has a new blue ram in it....LOVE HIM....

I heard that saltwater is not hard, it is the fish that are hard to please, they are less forgiving about mistakes and you have to get all those ph and nitrate tests for it, you have to have everything PERFECTLY balanced in order to keep things living sweatdrop  

SquishyAngeh
Crew

supercoolbandgeek

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:30 pm
Right now I have a 20-gallon freshwater tank. It's cool. Saltwater would be fun, though. I decided on freshwater since I'm new at the aquarium thing.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:30 pm
I have freshwater fish. I would love saltwater if they werent so damn expensive  

SilverStarboy
Crew

Avarswiel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:00 pm
I have a 55 gallon saltwater tank. I absolutely adore my fish. They are so wonderful! I've only had my tank for a year and 6 months, i've lost 4 fish so far, the first one i lost cuz i didn't know how to feed him properly, the other three i lost because my tank got ich crying I have four fish in the tank now (maroon clownfish, yellow damsel, scopas tang, scooter blenny), a cleaner shrimp, and 6 hermit crabs....yes you read that right i said hermit crabs, not all hermit crabs live on land. I wish i had the money to add more fish to my tank, i'm just gonna have to wait. Surprisingly enough i've found that saltwater tanks aren't that hard to take care of, you do have to worry about salt levels though, and be very careful about water changes. I love my tank and i wouldn't trade it for anything xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:20 pm
Though I would just Love to have a SaltWater tank, I am with a Freash Water tank instead. Someday though I'll have to get a small one, Salt water tanks just beautiful when decorated right. x.X Along with the fish,of course. *L*  

Aerith Gast Gainsborough

Blessed Guildswoman

8,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

RagingSerenity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:10 pm
The bigger the saltwater tank the less time it will require for maintenance. I have 2 freshwaters right now, but they're only 10 gallons each, which I didn't think was big enough to turn into a saltwater tank.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:23 pm
I have a 10 gallon goldfish tank and a 2.5 gallon guppy tank right now. I'd love to get into more advanced aquariums, but as a college senior who hasn't figured out what I'm doing after I graudate in 2 weeks (!!!) I don't want anything too complicated at the moment. Plus, goldfish and guppies are so great!

My hallmate has a 20 gallon saltwater tank with a clownfish, a goby, a snail, an urchin, and some live rocks. It's her first saltwater tank, and she hasn't had any problems with it. I think as long as you keep the salinity in check, it's really not as difficult as everyone makes it out to be.  

Caesura

MR_Kodiac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:58 pm
Freshwater IMHO are better, but that because I like to have plants with my fish and of course its much cheaper and much easier.

Freshwater fish are use to changing enviroment so as long conditions are stable, even if they are below standard the fish will survive. In saltwater the fish are so forgiving.  
----::::The FISH Tank::::----

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff