Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Personal] Eeek, Problem. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Excavus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:37 pm
<_< I have a problem. I get really mad at my boyfriend, because of his taste in country music. It's stupid- I shouldn't get mad because of his musical preferences, but for some reason... It really annoys me. We even got in a fight about it.

D: Help?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:20 pm
Is there an interest of yours that he gets upset over?  

Lunar Kissed

Excavus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:41 pm
...No, not really. He doesn't care if I like something he doesn't agree with... he just accepts it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:16 pm
well, try out country. Not all of it is bad, maybe you'll find one song that interests you. You could...talk about it with him....ummm...you could just accept it...or not talk about it at all....thats all i can think of right now that might be of some help in any way.  

Chevy_1

Excavus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:55 pm
I try, but it's hard. I jump in his car and he has country music playing... it makes me want to scream O_<;;;

Those... whiney voices... the life lessons... I hate them .____.;  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:33 pm
Excavus
<_< I have a problem. I get really mad at my boyfriend, because of his taste in country music. It's stupid- I shouldn't get mad because of his musical preferences, but for some reason... It really annoys me. We even got in a fight about it.

D: Help?

Ugggggg, country. rolleyes
Well, ask your self, do you really love/like (idk) your boyfriend? Do you like being with him? If so then you should just try to consentrate on the good.
I have a similar problem with my boyfriend, acctualy, it's the same problem, i just carry a music player with me and that makes it all better ^^;;  

Ethello

UlooAloo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:09 pm
Hmmmm, interesting thing to be talking about. I am not sure that I can help you with this one. Surely there is something that bugs him equally as much. D'=  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:27 am
Don't get me wrong... I do love him, VERY much. It's just kind of stupid how we get at each other's throats because of this... We havent fought about it since I posted this though, XD

I'm beginning to become more open about it, as country music becomes more tolerable to me... Maybe I'm falling into the trap >_<  

Excavus

princessMeep

Shy Saint

4,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:47 pm
Ugh country music. :X

Okay, now that I've gotten that out of the way, I dunno how to help. Uhm, I guess it's one of those things you're just gonna have to learn to accept.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:41 pm
I'm not sure....

Possibly work out some sort of compromise between country music and (whatever type of music you choose to listen to) when you're in the car?

sweatdrop

Chalumeaux

marrrow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:47 pm
Just don't discuss music with 'im and compromise when in the car. (Probably bad advice, I know, but it seemed like it would work... sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:46 am
It's not like Country is the ONLY thing he listens to, but it makes up a lot of his music.

You know, he likes stuff like Rascal flatts, sugarland Keith Urban, ect ~_~;

I'm scared, it's starting to get... CATCHY. X_X  

Excavus

TrinitySpark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:07 am
I got in a fight with my dad for the same reason. He took me to school blasting country music. Now i went to one of the most dangerous high schools in my city.
A.K.A. one of the oldest in the country

Full of angry black people like my self
who listened to what the major radio stations said they should
I hated it. i made him drop me off two bolcks away
But he made up for it by rigding me on his motorcycle ( a sexy suzuiki) people thought he was my sugar daddy/ bf but alas. country music is what it is. you can't fight someone over what they like. Tolerance is something people preech, when they're , gay, lesbian, transexual, but it's not something a lot of us do you know? Practice what you preech home girl!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:12 pm
Try out Johnny Cash, he has the only quality country according to me.
Bigger tip: "A boy named Sue", "Man in Black"

Timpie

Ritz_Freak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:17 pm
Country + Rap = crap!!!
But really, I had this problem with my best friend. We learned to put aside our differences in music and she tries not to listen to country around me while I don't listen to Sting around her.  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff