Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Beespeak Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:34 pm
I think I've had my first consciously aware animist experience speaking with an animal other than mah kitty.

I was at Wendy's and there was a bee on the wall (or some sort of bee like creature, didn't think to ask.), so I walked over and watched it. Then it stopped and seemed to stare right at me, so I thought "...Hello," and immediately I get a feeling of a returned greeting. So I think... usually I'm afraid of bugs. Next I get a feeling of offense and then a feeling of peace, very intense peace.

I get the feeling he doesn't like being called a bug. It made me think of something I saw on tv where a character says: "Toaster is a racial epithet, I'd prefer it not be used in my presence."

After a short exchange of emotion, I get the feeling she* wants to leave. She does a dance (spins about a bit), and flies off as I'm thinking "Farewell!"

I'd have never expected such an intense exchange of emotion in such a short time, especially with a bee.

Now on to business: am I loony? jumping to conclusions? genuinely speaking with an insect?

EDIT: Upon further research, I am inclined to say she was a bald-faced hornet, which is, in fact, not a bee.

*Gender assumed as 'she', since worker bees are typically females. I could be wrong.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:13 pm
In my tradition it is called Nemu'ti Jezik.  

TeaDidikai

Kalyani Srijoi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:19 pm
See, my first reaction was JESUS CHRIST IT'S A BEEEEEE YOU ******** LOONY.

But first reactions are rarely any good. It's strange, certainly, which is why my first reaction was LOL ********, but it's not ultimately any more illogical than belief in any other supernatural phenomena.

Basically, if you felt it, go with it. You're not hurting anything with the belief if you're wrong, so don't stress over it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:21 pm
Triste need a cookie?  

TeaDidikai

Kalyani Srijoi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:23 pm
TeaDidikai
Triste need a cookie?

IT'S A ******** BEEEEEEE JESUS CHRIST AAAAAAAAAH *GURGLE*

If you see her again, though, tell her I'm sorry for all the times that I've slapped bees.

Don't give me that ******** look. I was young and stupid.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:31 pm
Ban Triste-chan!
TeaDidikai
Triste need a cookie?

If you see her again, though, tell her I'm sorry for all the times that I've slapped bees.

Except- it wasn't a bee  

TeaDidikai

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:34 pm
Does this mean that the musquito's listens if I scream :" DIIIIEEEE!!!!!" sweatdrop

Well, I don't think you are a loony. Is there not some lore about speaking with the bees? (beside Tea's tradition)
I clearly remember a poem about it from Rudyard Kipling.
-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The Bee-Boy's Song
Bees! Bees! Hark to your bees!
"Hide from your neigbours as much as you please,
But all that has happened, to us you must tell,
Or else we will give you no honey to sell!"

A maiden in her glory,
Upon her wedding - day,
Must tell her Bees the story,
Or else they'll fly away.
Fly away -- die away --
Dwindle down and leave you!
But if you don't deceive your Bees,
Your Bees will not deceive you.

Marriage, birth or buryin',
News across the seas,
All you're sad or merry in,
You must tell the Bees.
Tell 'em coming in an' out,
Where the Fanners fan,
'Cause the Bees are just about
As curious as a man!

Don't you wait where the trees are,
When the lightnings play,
Nor don't you hate where Bees are,
Or else they'll pine away.
Pine away -- dwine away --
Anything to leave you!
But if you never grieve your Bees,
Your Bees'll never grieve you.
-=-=-=-=-=-==--=-=-=-=-=  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:04 pm
TeaDidikai
Ban Triste-chan!
TeaDidikai
Triste need a cookie?

Except- it wasn't a bee

I slapped wasps too. And hornets.

I was a ******** daredevil, man. I'd slap a Great White Shark if you asked me too.  

Kalyani Srijoi

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:14 pm
Slap the great white shark... biggrin Please?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:23 pm
Elfin Brill

u ghey

Seriously, I don't have a shark. But if I did, man. That shark would go down.  

Kalyani Srijoi

TatteredAngel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:56 am
I have a hard time "talking" to bees- not that I don't do it, mind, I was raised by my mother to be fairly animist and we do beekeeping, but with bees, you're running on hive mentality. Connection is shaky, and as it's kind of the insect equivalent of the Borg, I just don't feel for it.

Wasps are another story. I don't try talking to wasps other than a sort of "please oh please let me go my way and I'll let you go yours," because I've been stung enough with such little provocation I really can't help but mistrust the little buggers. Woo.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:19 am
Ban Triste-chan!
Elfin Brill

u ghey

I have access to one. twisted  

TeaDidikai

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:42 am
Anytime I have tried to focus my thoughts on any animal what so ever, I tend to get treated with the same sort of animal type consideration as if I was doing nothing at all....

....ho hum. GOod fortune to you though if you can communicate with anything in the nature realm.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:38 am
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. Been very busy. D:

TeaDidikai
In my tradition it is called Nemu'ti Jezik.

Something... speech/tongue? I recognize jezik. (As Slovak jazyk) stressed

Can you explain further?

Ban Triste-chan!

See, my first reaction was JESUS CHRIST IT'S A BEEEEEE YOU ******** LOONY.

Nice to know I'm loved. D:

And yeah, I know it's illogical, and I also know bi-polar disorder runs in my family and tends to come with delusions. Which is why I brought it up here. sweatdrop

TatteredAngel
I have a hard time "talking" to bees- not that I don't do it, mind, I was raised by my mother to be fairly animist and we do beekeeping, but with bees, you're running on hive mentality. Connection is shaky, and as it's kind of the insect equivalent of the Borg, I just don't feel for it.

I've always admired the hive-mind myself. Very efficient.

But it's one reason why I'd never seek out a group of them and try to hold a conversation. They seem so rushed and I'd hate to interrupt their business. And get stung.

Quote:
Wasps are another story. I don't try talking to wasps other than a sort of "please oh please let me go my way and I'll let you go yours," because I've been stung enough with such little provocation I really can't help but mistrust the little buggers. Woo.

Realleh? I've never had a problem with wasps. They always seem to ignore me, unless I'm smelling particularly sweet. :3 Bees on the other-hand (actual bees!) seem to be much more aggressive towards me. My feet, really.

Kuroiban
Anytime I have tried to focus my thoughts on any animal what so ever, I tend to get treated with the same sort of animal type consideration as if I was doing nothing at all....

Eh... I'm an avid day-dreamer, so focusing isn't the problem for me, it's lack of skill and knowledge in the arena. That and being easily startled.

And thanks everybody for your input. Iluall.  

Collowrath

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:39 am
Ban Triste-chan!
Elfin Brill

u ghey

Didn't think you were into that kind of thing.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff