Reply The Music Artists Guild
how did you get started? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

aurora_413

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:57 pm
i started when i was in 2nd grade, and one of my brother's friends (of whom i was in awe) got a clarinet. from then through 5th grade i kept begging y parents to get me a clarinet, and finally for chanukah of 5th grade, i got my clarinet. i immediately fell in love with it and love it still, especially since it helped me make one of my closest friendships ever, that of the girl who plays clarinet next to me in band.
so how did everyone else get started playing?  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:49 pm
I've been singing for as long as I can remember.  

Staircase Wit

katinuyasha

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:53 pm
been playing guitar off and on sence i was about 8 but about a year ago i really starrted to play again my mom had an old acustic and ide play on that when i was younger then my sister got an eletic guitar for christmas...and she ended up giveing up....b/c she sucked....so i used her eletric till i got my own on my birthday ...and ive been playing bass for about a year too .....singing ive been doing sence i was able to talk lol...wow i talk too much kbye  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:05 pm
oh heck I dunno X.x I just remember having these weird fantasies about being onstage rocking out with people and next thing you know I want to play guitar, I teach myself piano and pick up my step dad's acoustic. This year I'm taking percussion in school and I dunno a few months ago maybe I started guitar lessons lol  

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

tentousama

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:19 pm
I started about 5 months ago, some of my friends have been playing for a while, and I just started getting into music alot...so I picked up the guitar, and my life hasn't been the same since, in a good way that is.  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:03 pm
I started Piano lessons when I was 9 with a friend of the family who was only 16. She was very accomplished though, which was good. She moved away after three months and I then started taking lessons from her former teacher, who I am still with now.  

Vindicated Offender

Ashazra

Friendly Genius

3,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 2:35 am
My grandma, mom, and sister all played clarinet, and my sister liked to teach me how. I really liked the sound she could make, and I wanted to be able to do more than just squeak, so in 5th grade I chose my clarinet.  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:34 pm
ive been playing drums for nine years now (technicly more but i only count after i learned to read music), i got into it because my dad used to be a drummer in a band of his (*side note* was number 1 in some places i dont remember what ones but i dont pay attention that much to remeber where at) and the drumset has always been set up in my house and ive been banging on that for as long as i can remember till bout a seven years ago when i got my own.  

Tiokin

[Crimson Flames]

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:32 pm
I started playing trombone in 7th grade, and at the end of 7th, i signed up for guitar in school for the next year, then during summer, i went to El Salvador and i saw an acoustic that i really liked, and at a low price ($40!!), so i bought it with my money that i had ($40...), and thats how i started, now i own a Schecter Diamond Series electric, and im lead guitar in a band called Shadow Burn (i think thats the name...)  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:34 am
I got a minature piano when I was two so...I started teaching myself how to play until when I was six I got an electric piano and my parents got me a teacher. when I was eight I got an upright piano. I started violin at eleven because it was in a way like the piano and I live for the piano....That is how I got started!  

tinker~bell~angel

Junai Bokunenjin

Ferocious Flautist

51,590 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Forever a Musician 500
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:41 pm
I took singing lessons when I was about 5. It all snowballed from there.  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:53 am
My mum bought me a little acoustic Guitar when I was 4.

Thanks mum 3nodding  

CRIMSONSHRAPNEL

Tungska Butterfly

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:41 pm
Pretty much the same, my dad got me an acoustic when I was REALLY young ... I used it to play air guitar for years, then got about 3 months of lessons when I was 11. I then taught myself ... I'd like to say with some success, but not really. No mad solos, but I do what needs to be done.

I also stole my sisters keyboard and taught myself the basics of piano and keyboard. any boring band rehersals lead to messing about on drumkits and was randomly given a bass by a cousin (which I then sold to my sister and borrowed back when needed, MWAHAHAHA!) and going out with a german pianist/choirgirl for just over a year taught me how to read and write music (though I still suck). FUN!  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:09 pm
It all started in middle school. We were picking the instrument that interested us the most and I just happened to pick the Trumpet. Ever since that day I've been egotistical and outgoing for the past... 7 years.  

Posse_Darling

Dreaming In Hues

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:27 pm
I've been singing for as long as I've been able to talk, I'm okay at it, my schedule is allowing me to take a Choir class.

I played the piano when I was younger, and I'm still picking at it today.

From 5th grade to 8th grade I played the violin. I was first chair of the 2nd violins. Made me happy.

From 8th grade to now I've been playing the Standing Bass. I got into it because my high school orchestra teacher said that she needed more people to play the bass. So, in less than three months, I learned how to play the Standing Bass to award winning high school level. Right now I am the first chair of the bass section in the highest orchestra of my school.  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff