Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
Gravitation: <3 or </3? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So?
  <3
  </3
View Results

Praan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:39 pm
I'm determined to know if I'm the only one...

I hate Gravitation.

I DON'T KNOW WHY, SO DON'T RESPOND WITH SOMETHING LIKE, "OMG!! Y DUN'T U LIEK GRAVI?!?!?11 OMG ITZ SO KAWAIIIi1" Thank you.

So, I want to know if I'm really the only one who hates it; I've seen the first few episodes and some other stuff. But I just don't like it. o.o

Edit : I literally CRINGE when someone mentions it. O____o I love yaoi though, obviously, but... eh. *shrug*  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:56 pm
You would get along with one of my best friends quite well. He hates it when I mention the series, or even say the word "yaoi" for that matter.

As for myself, I love it. It was among the first few anime that I got interested in, and the same can be said for manga collecting.  

Lunar Kissed

~Twilight~_~Riku~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:38 pm
Uhm ... I love Gravi. And ... everyone I've ever talked to about Gravi loves Gravi. Minus those stupid people I hang out with who are like "ew, yaoi, it's gross!"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:28 pm
I really don't like the anime, but the manga's one of my favorites. There's such a difference between the two though that they're hardly comparable.  

Kitschy

Lunar Kissed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:00 am
Kitschy
I really don't like the anime, but the manga's one of my favorites. There's such a difference between the two though that they're hardly comparable.

Although I've only seen up to episode 10, I like the anime a little better at the moment. I dunno. As much as I love Reiji in the manga, she scares me with that Panda-meccha... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:18 am
I've only seen the anime, and I get the feeling I would like the manga a lot more. I do like the series, but I don't love it.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:57 pm
I don’t hate Gravi.... well I don’t hate the Gravi anime. I really don’t like the manga. As I’ve said many times before, it read like a bad fan fiction. The comedy was more or less funny but when Murakami tried serious, she failed miserably. You can see that in the anime too. As the anime progresses it gets lamer, unbelievable and retarded.

I also can’t stand Yuki and Shuichi together. I think they are the most dysfunctional couple ever. And not in a good way. Eiri needs to grow the hell up and Shuichi needs to stop being Eiri’s doormat. Murakami was too rigid with those two. Eiri stays the cold hearted seme throughout the whole thing and Shuichi doesn’t even grow as a character. He’s just insane and clingy. And ugh, they can’t work together. They don’t. They break up, get back together, and learn nothing from their previous errors. So they’re perpetually making the same mistakes all the time.

Honestly, the only good thing about the series is the supporting cast. They’re all so amazing and great, and I really wish someone else would snatch up the supporting cast and write a better story about them.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:05 am
LadyNox
I don’t hate Gravi.... well I don’t hate the Gravi anime. I really don’t like the manga. As I’ve said many times before, it read like a bad fan fiction. The comedy was more or less funny but when Murakami tried serious, she failed miserably. You can see that in the anime too. As the anime progresses it gets lamer, unbelievable and retarded.

I also can’t stand Yuki and Shuichi together. I think they are the most dysfunctional couple ever. And not in a good way. Eiri needs to grow the hell up and Shuichi needs to stop being Eiri’s doormat. Murakami was too rigid with those two. Eiri stays the cold hearted seme throughout the whole thing and Shuichi doesn’t even grow as a character. He’s just insane and clingy. And ugh, they can’t work together. They don’t. They break up, get back together, and learn nothing from their previous errors. So they’re perpetually making the same mistakes all the time.

Honestly, the only good thing about the series is the supporting cast. They’re all so amazing and great, and I really wish someone else would snatch up the supporting cast and write a better story about them.

Couples in real life seldom learn from their mistakes either though, don't they?  

Lunar Kissed

Neko81290

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:05 pm
Well I like Gravi but I have to admit that I liked the Manga more then the Anime .... and I wished that the manga/anime had more of Yuki and Shuichi together not always fighting or not getting along  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:00 pm
Hrm. I've seen a bit of it. It's okay. There are more yaoi animes I like much better but I'm not extremely adverse to seeing Gravitation.

Some parts of it are funny and cute, and some are just like "This is dumb" but hey...It happens.

So, I don't hate it enough to vote
So I'm like a.... <3/3?  

Garnet233

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:23 am
Fantasy Moon
LadyNox

Couples in real life seldom learn from their mistakes either though, don't they?

Yes, and that's why this country has a 50% divorce rate. So following that... Shuichi and Yuki will last as long as the sex does. So much for quintessential BL couple.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:57 am
I think it's ok. I've not read the manga or watched the entire series, but the songs are good, and the characters are good. I prefer to watch AMVs whee  

Dark Winged Freak

Lunar Kissed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:47 pm
LadyNox
Yes, and that's why this country has a 50% divorce rate. So following that... Shuichi and Yuki will last as long as the sex does. So much for quintessential BL couple.

So true. But wait, isn't there a second series out now? Their relationship could improve in it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:25 am
I LOVE GRAVI!

heart

I just dont understand how people can hate it.  

ReiKitazawa

-Dancing Deathscythes-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:32 am
Gravitation is okay, but it's definitely not my favorite. I cringed when I saw some of the *humour* in the manga/anime. It's cute I guess, but I really don't see why it's so popular.  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games