Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Final Fantasy movie anyone? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Black Mage Meifa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:12 pm
Has anyone seen Final Fantasy Advent Children? It's really good. I loved it. Tell me what you guys thought if you saw it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:23 pm
I have, my dad has it. I love that movie, it is really awesome.  

Adrastea Venaris

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Oterys

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:48 pm
I saw it, but a friend of mine sent pieces to me in AMV's before it actually was released so I had a pretty good preview of it ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:55 pm
I would prefer it if Christian imagery were left out of the Final Fantasy universe. Seriously, the final scene: blah.  

Silenus Slade

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:09 pm
I saw it about a year ago, freshly bootlegged from the streets of japan..
sucked, and then a week ago i saw it in english and it still sucked
Yes the graphics were awsome, Yes the music and the fighting were brillent.
the story was 100% crap  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:40 pm
Melia Miaka124
Has anyone seen Final Fantasy Advent Children? It's really good. I loved it. Tell me what you guys thought if you saw it.

Woah

I seen it, like, forever ago. I downloaded it from torrent site in February.

As for my opinion, I liked it. Story was good but a little linear, graphics were excelent as always, and sound was pleasing. It must be said that it is sad how sephiroth can't make it through any square production.

stare

He is beginning to resemble kenny from south park.

(I wonder how they will kill him next? .... OMNISLASH?)

stare

some guild thing

Artica_Maius-The_Fox_Born

3,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:13 pm
The Only Part I Liked Was Where Sephiroth Finally Made His Big Entrance...

before and after that..i could care less...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:45 pm
Nyed
I saw it about a year ago, freshly bootlegged from the streets of japan..
sucked, and then a week ago i saw it in english and it still sucked
Yes the graphics were awsome, Yes the music and the fighting were brillent.
the story was 100% crap
Agreed.

Mz.Wiggles

Thida Fxcking Tragedy++

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:56 pm
I lovee it.
Well mostly Kadaj..
But i liked it.
^^

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:15 pm
Gaa gonk I hated it...

The visuals were mostly great*, and the score was gorgeous. But the story was absolutely horrible. Beyond the story, the acting (in both languages) was inconsistent.

*:most of the movie looked great, but some of the animations were so outrageous they just... seemed ridiculous.  

GilAskan
Crew

3,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:24 pm
GilAskan
Gaa gonk I hated it...

The visuals were mostly great*, and the score was gorgeous. But the story was absolutely horrible. Beyond the story, the acting (in both languages) was inconsistent.

*:most of the movie looked great, but some of the animations were so outrageous they just... seemed ridiculous.

Yea...and the subtitles did nothing....it did not even resemble what was being said in the English Language....but i do admit and agree with you...The Score was really pretty...the re-vamped version of "One-Winged Angel" was very well pulled off....i even went as far as to find it and download it...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:48 pm
...A thread like this just now popped up?

I watched this last year...

(Go illegal downloading!) XD

I watched it with the subtitles, but I've yet to see it in English... Mainly because I don't have the urge to.

It was an alright movie, but I prefer the earlier final fantasies... Like Final Fantasy 6 is my favorite.

I'd watch a movie with that plot line...

Or I could just (GASP) play the game again, which I'm in the process of doing.

Also, the moview itself didn't run very smooth. The plot line never really came out, and if you didn't play the game, you would have been lost.

I did like one part though.

After Tifa fought Rufus (I believe it was him) and his cell-phone went off with the music that comes at the end of battles?

Best part ever. Anyone else?

Kupo Ikari

3,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:17 pm
KupoWrath
...A thread like this just now popped up?

I watched this last year...

(Go illegal downloading!) XD

I watched it with the subtitles, but I've yet to see it in English... Mainly because I don't have the urge to.

It was an alright movie, but I prefer the earlier final fantasies... Like Final Fantasy 6 is my favorite.

I'd watch a movie with that plot line...

Or I could just (GASP) play the game again, which I'm in the process of doing.

Also, the moview itself didn't run very smooth. The plot line never really came out, and if you didn't play the game, you would have been lost.

I did like one part though.

After Tifa fought Rufus (I believe it was him) and his cell-phone went off with the music that comes at the end of battles?

Best part ever. Anyone else?

That Was Not Rufus...i dont remember what the guys name was in all honesty....and i thought that was kind funny...the FF7 end battle tone......that was great  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:15 pm
First I'll point out that this thread should most likely be in the the multimedia subforum.

And with that I'll state that I've found that most people who dislike the movie haven't even played the game.

In which case I have to say that anyonewho's seen the movie without playing and beating the game has no valid opinion, positive or negative, for the movie.

I refuse to acknowledge such an opinion.

And with that being said, I loved the movie.

Graphics: Impeccable.

Score: Completely astounding. I would have expected nothing less from Nobuo.

Storyline: Not 100% amazing, but I do believe that there are factors that play into this. First, I believe that the writers did a great job of continuing the character bases for each character from the game. Their attitudes; how they held up from the last time we - as players/viewers - saw them. It all carried over. How Cloud was still haunted about what happened with Aerith, etc... Again the level of the storyline comes with whether or not you've played the game. If you haven't played the game, of course it'll seem lousy to you. And for that, you suck at life. And if you have and still think it sucks, then maybe you just aren't good at picking up on things. There are a lot of things unsaid in the movie that you just need to pick up on. And things that you need to put together as pieces. It's not a movie that you can just sit and watch and expect everything information-wise to be spoonfed to you.
Also, it must be taken into account that the graphics in this movie were top of the line. To make a movie with a very intricate storyline and such graphics would very difficult. I'm not doubting that SquareEnix could do it, but it's that this is their first time attmepting this. Give them some slack.

My final verdict:

Amazing movie.

Those of you who haven't played the game are people with invalid opinions.

MortSanglant

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:18 pm
Lucifer_The_Death_Angel

That Was Not Rufus...i dont remember what the guys name was in all honesty....and i thought that was kind funny...the FF7 end battle tone......that was great

It was Loz.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces