Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Okay, someone explain this to me... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GC the Silence Slayer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:27 pm
Why are preppy people afraid of Hot Topic?
Do they actually think that the people there are dangerous? o.O;;

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:46 pm
I have no idea why they're scared of Hot Topic.
Wait nevermind... I think They're scared of the music playing and the dark walls and stuff.
Are non-Preps scared to in Clare's or Icing? Just wondering.  

Maiku_zo_Mei_Megami

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:12 pm
Maiku_zo_Mei_Megami
Wait nevermind... I think They're scared of the music playing and the dark walls and stuff.

Clares scares me gonk Ok, just kidding blaugh

But your right, that's probably why. Oh, and the fact that goths (and posers) shop there, and preps think goths kill people and worship satan.

I have seen preppy girls walk into Hot Topic, keeping ever so close to each other. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:15 pm
All goths don't kill or worship satan.
Well then again I'm 25% Goth
25% Skater
50% Weirdo, Geek, Outcast,
and just plain Random.

I'm not really I geek, I just happen to be really smart for my age and grade ^_^. Not a Geek!!  

Maiku_zo_Mei_Megami

GC the Silence Slayer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:18 pm
Once I saw like three 9-year old girls in there without any parental units with them.
I was all, "o.O"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:23 pm
I wouldn't worry about it younger kids are starting to act more like teenagers and getting away with stuff like ditching their parents and teens are acting like adults like taking care of their younger siblings than often ditch them to be with their friends.

My Godsister is just like that now and has some badass friends and her mom doesn't so anything about it, so I my mom does. I hate her friends I will kill them if they come to my high school when I'm a senior.  

Maiku_zo_Mei_Megami

-Hija de Cristo-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:25 pm
I don't think they are all afraid of Hot Topic, per say, but they don't like going in there. I think it's because they have a deformed idea of what a goth is, and they're afraid that they will catch the "goth" if they wander in there. Or something.

Maiku_zo_Mei_Megami

No, I don't think that all non-preps are scared of Claire's or Icing. Some might be, due to the high levels of pink in there, but if you ask me, it's not even half as scary as the Sanrio store at the Mall of America (in my home state of Minnesota - lol bragging rights). But Claire's and Icing aren't that bad, they have some nice Pirates of the Caribbean stuff for cheap. Also, they have some nice earrings. I have some penguin ones that I really like from Claire's...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:37 pm
GC the Silence Slayer
Why are preppy people afraid of Hot Topic?
Do they actually think that the people there are dangerous? o.O;;

Why are "Preppy" people so afraid of hot topic? Because the term "goth" has been connected to a dark and taboo nature. Generally, only those of a lesser age (9 - 15) seem to be cautious/afraid. A store housing such items (gothic) that might be connected to a stereotypical definition would, indeed, frighten some (those who are ignorant and naive)

Do they think we are dangerous? Yes, they are ignornat and naive.

some guild thing

Washu--sama

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:29 pm
Two words----Mall goths. That's enough to keep me the hell out of Hot topic.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:56 pm
Preps took over hot topic where I live.

Mz.Wiggles

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:38 am
lola_siannodel
Maiku_zo_Mei_Megami

But your right, that's probably why. Oh, and the fact that goths (and posers) shop there, and preps think goths kill people and worship satan.

I have seen preppy girls walk into Hot Topic, keeping ever so close to each other. xd

I have seen that.It's hilarious.They get close and walk in small groups.
Its always like 2 of them together looking at the same thing moving over when a punk kid walks by. rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:32 am
AdrianaKitten
lola_siannodel
Maiku_zo_Mei_Megami

Its always like 2 of them together looking at the same thing moving over when a punk kid walks by. rofl

god... xD I love that.
I walk up.. "Move." I say quietly. They really do. They scatter like leaves in the wind.. Oh jeez.
"SURE!" They say, all chirpy. It really cracks me up. Then they seem to have no idea why everyone in the store is grinning.  

Choklit Teddi

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300

Artica_Maius-The_Fox_Born

3,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:17 am
choklit_teddi
AdrianaKitten
lola_siannodel
Maiku_zo_Mei_Megami

god... xD I love that.
I walk up.. "Move." I say quietly. They really do. They scatter like leaves in the wind.. Oh jeez.
"SURE!" They say, all chirpy. It really cracks me up. Then they seem to have no idea why everyone in the store is grinning.

xd  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:33 am
It's messed up really, i don't like there stores, mainly becase of the music (rap or crybaby emo *gag*) and there is no point for me to go in there i wouldn't wear any of that stuff really, though first day back at school im going to be prepy, but since we start on a Friday (wtf? w00t dont ask me i dont know) the following monday mondo gothic look, ah i can't wait to f*** with there heads twisted  

MOD66

CaptainSS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:34 am
Twack
It's messed up really, i don't like there stores, mainly becase of the music (rap or crybaby emo *gag*) and there is no point for me to go in there i wouldn't wear any of that stuff really, though first day back at school im going to be prepy, but since we start on a Friday (wtf? w00t dont ask me i dont know) the following monday mondo gothic look, ah i can't wait to f*** with there heads twisted
-pats back- Very good thinking. Tell me if it went as planned?  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff