Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Pairing Discussions
Out of left field...o.0 Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XULSIGIAE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:11 am
I really hate it when fanfic writers throw a pair of characters together who have nothing to do with each other in any way shape or form. I realize that FanFiction being just that FAN written story there's nothing I can do but not read it. But I was curious as to how many of you agree or disagree.

Do you like it when random pairs are thrown together (IE Colin Creevy/Wormtail - it's true & believe me it was not pretty crying )? What is the most unrelated character slash pairing you have come across?
heart
~X  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:19 am
YES. I really do. It's just so . . . awkward. I really don't understand it.

I think the weirdest (but not necessarily unrelated) slash pairing I've ever come across was Hagrid/Giant Squid. If you can consider the Giant Squid a "he" and if beastiality is a part of that random unrelated mumbo-jumbo.

sweatdrop  

wonkyspoon

XULSIGIAE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:26 am
eek
GAH!!! gonk
that's so messed up!! And I thought that my pairing was strange...that eve rivals fics I have seen where DUMBLEDOR is slashed with someone...that just kills me burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:28 am
Teacher/anything gives me the creeps. I get shivers of disgust just thinking about it. And Dumbledore?! Um, ew. I like my slash strapping and young.  

wonkyspoon

XULSIGIAE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:33 am
You know what REALLY makes me want to puke? Dudley slash burning_eyes
that's just wrong...
eww what if AD/DD o.0 emotion_puke  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:37 am
burning_eyes

Dear lord. They have that?!  

wonkyspoon

XULSIGIAE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:49 am
uh huh...please don't make me relive it...oh the horror
there was Dudly/Harry o.0 (not my precious Harry crying ) as well as one of those annoying out of the blue pairings Colin Creevy/Dudley...WTF? HOW WOULD THAT EVEN HAPPEN?! Dudley is afraid of magick and it's not like Harry'd take colin to the dursleys... mad rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:52 am
Oh . . . oh my . . . I just feel violated thinking about it.

So . . . random question. What do you read normally? I'm mostly a Sirius/Remus fan.  

wonkyspoon

XULSIGIAE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:59 am
let's see...erm...I have to admit I am a Draco/Harry junkie if the situation is set up correctly (none of that 'oh I just love you for no reason after everything that's happened let's hook up and mate like bunnies' BS)

I am also a fan of George/Fred (don't ask why but I love the whole twincest thing...honestly I think that is how I always thought of them
Ron/Harry is alright
Hermoine/ginny - good if done right otherwise I can't stand it...just too convienient
Harry/Sirius - though I always tend to picture draco cuz I so love that pair...
the list is longer but I'll spare you...I just love slash heart  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:06 am
The problem is that I don't like Draco. So anyone paired off with him I don't . . . eh. It just doesn't interest me.

Fred/George I can see myself liking. It's very strange . . . incest creeps me out, but in fanfiction it's like . . . normal. Ha ha.

Oh. I'm not a fan of femslash just because I haven't read any well-written ones. And I ******** HATE Ginny, so that's another problem.

I love slash, too. heart  

wonkyspoon

XULSIGIAE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:15 am
LMFAO
Well I have to say there are times when I don't like how draco is written...but I have read some fics that simply capture my idea of the perfect draco character...his essence if you will...and I like it SOOO much...he's just so yummy

Incest...eh...not so much a fan of.,..Fred and George are special heart

As far as Ginny is concerned...yeah I definitly Dispise her...she can die..but it's difficult because she and Moine are always paired together for lack of better female characters
It's just sad...there aren't many opportunities for good femmeslash in the HP world... crying though today I did read a very good femmeslash with Hermoine/OFC and it was great...so maybe as far as femme is concerned it is better to make up characters? cry  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:26 am
XULSIGIAE
LMFAO
Well I have to say there are times when I don't like how draco is written...but I have read some fics that simply capture my idea of the perfect draco character...his essence if you will...and I like it SOOO much...he's just so yummy

Incest...eh...not so much a fan of.,..Fred and George are special heart

As far as Ginny is concerned...yeah I definitly Dispise her...she can die..but it's difficult because she and Moine are always paired together for lack of better female characters
It's just sad...there aren't many opportunities for good femmeslash in the HP world... crying though today I did read a very good femmeslash with Hermoine/OFC and it was great...so maybe as far as femme is concerned it is better to make up characters? cry

I'm sure his "essence" (ha ha) would entreat me. But so far, from what I've read in ffs, he's either an abused daddy's boy or a nancy crying in the loo. Damn the fangirls writing sensitive boys. Rawr.

I know, Gred and Forge are definitely special.

Ginny can get ripped to shreds and tossed into the abyss. I want her head to part from her body and burst into flames. She drives me INSANE. I HATE her. I've never hated another character more. I'd rather draw Voldemort a bubble bath than read one more word about Ginny. I mean, what the ********? Harry/Ginny? What kind of s**t was JK trying to pull?! *storms around*  

wonkyspoon

Ariazella Malin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:31 am
XULSIGIAE
I really hate it when fanfic writers throw a pair of characters together who have nothing to do with each other in any way shape or form. I realize that FanFiction being just that FAN written story there's nothing I can do but not read it. But I was curious as to how many of you agree or disagree.

Do you like it when random pairs are thrown together (IE Colin Creevy/Wormtail - it's true & believe me it was not pretty crying )? What is the most unrelated character slash pairing you have come across?
heart
~X

I second you on that, those are usually kind of creepy  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:31 pm
It doesn't bother me as long as it's written well. Suddenly having two random characters screwing is really lame, but if they give a suitable backstory/plot to explain it then I might stick around to finish the fic. I get surprised seeing the rare supporting characters suddenly in MainCharacter role and holding lives of their own away from the canon MC's but it's also a different perspective I wouldn't mind reading... if it's done properly including good characterization and chain of events. I am so tired of fics where the author doesn't even try to justify the pairing beyond they think the other is cute. >_>  

Deliciae

Nellynae

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:57 pm
I agree random pairings are just... not right. sweatdrop They're either ridiculus or just plain scary.

Probably the creepiest pairing I ever heard was... Snape/A tree stump... or was it Draco/A tree stump. It was something along those lines. o_x
So wrong... gonk  
Pairing Discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces