Reply Rude Discussion
Ska Is Going Down The Drain Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FishSpy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:05 am
Has anyone noticed that ska is getting bigger and bigger..
And now more ******** ups are ruining the scene..

All these stupid idiots are pissing me off.
And none of them even know/care for any of the ******** ska killers..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:11 am
FishSpy

Indeed, and yet some people want to make it more known, or a.k.a. get more "******** ska killers"....  

Biker Mice from Mars-

Cursed Ronin

Dangerous Hero

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:35 am
Anyone at our school FishSpy?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:37 pm
i dont know from my perspective it hasnt been getting bigger but as you get bigger your more likely to get more bad bands, along with good bands

but the bigger bands get the more likely they'l sell out ska or bands move on and to me it seems like we keep losing bands

like the recent loss of suicide machines  

Canada3952

American Skinhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:58 pm
this reminds me of punk... people ruining the scene. I'm glad the skin culture is too tough for most to handle.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:46 am
potato the antichrist
this reminds me of punk... people ruining the scene. I'm glad the skin culture is too tough for most to handle.

Yeah. I agree..  

The Real Conan

King Of The Ska
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:48 pm
FishSpy

TRUST ME

I know.

I ******** can't stand some of the 3rd wave "ska" s**t.

I would probably kill myself ska became the new emo.

But in a way, I wouldn't be "to" angry, because I don't listen to this new "ska" s**t.

I stick with the roots.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:10 am
King Of The Ska
FishSpy

TRUST ME

I know.

I ******** can't stand some of the 3rd wave "ska" s**t.

I would probably kill myself ska became the new emo.

But in a way, I wouldn't be "to" angry, because I don't listen to this new "ska" s**t.

I stick with the roots.

yeah the skatalites do kick many asses

but come on, thats like punks thinking that they are superior only because they listen to the sex pistols and the ramones and claim to hate new punk.

I dont really see the problem with third wave ska, i mean if you only like first wave ska you aren't gonna see many shows. And also, some third wave bands kick a**, such as catch 22, streetlight manifesto or the mighty mighty bosstones.

Ska is just meant to be a fun style of music, thats why it kicks a** and i say, if i can skank to it, its ska!  

bigjegs

mist-ery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:11 pm
well one thing you have to keep in mind is that all types of music go threw a roller coster efect ska will probly get pretty big some time soon but in time it will eventually be abanded by the trend fallowing people the best i can say is stick with what you like and just let it pass
keep in mind ska was never the type of music to judge people its just there so all can have fun ^-^  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:49 pm
mist-ery
well one thing you have to keep in mind is that all types of music go threw a roller coster efect ska will probly get pretty big some time soon but in time it will eventually be abanded by the trend fallowing people the best i can say is stick with what you like and just let it pass
keep in mind ska was never the type of music to judge people its just there so all can have fun ^-^

i agree.

but i dont really see anything going on :^  

asianska104

GIoom
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:35 pm
JEZ!!! I feel the pessimism flowing out of this thread. I think there is a lot of good still in the scene. Sure there are a few people in it that just don't know how to experiment tastefully, but there's still a lot of good out there.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:28 pm
Wow, it's true... In Fargo, there's a surprising amount of kids listening to ska.. . I'm going to stab myself if I hear any more people say they want to be "ska kids"... I've heard it twice already.

cry  

Noriko_Mimura

Electric Uncle Akuma

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:19 pm
You know, if a ska band is playing, around here I've seen one, maybe two the entire summer. I dunno if I just lucked out with my scene, or if you've got a problem, but I'm fine here in our scene.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:51 pm
Eh, but you know you guys. Even if Ska does become big, and crappy bands just f** up the whole scene. We still had our fun and we still are pretty true to our roots. Hell I know Ska wasn't the first music I liked and it might be not be the last. You never know, just go with the flow. ( Lol I so rhymed that on purpose. ;] ) Anyways.. Sure newer third wave Ska is sounding alot more like Emo, and new Greenday crap. But hell, who says you have to listen to 3rd wave. Sometimes I feel like listening to first wave. And I just recently have heard a few second wave Ska songs. Lol but yeah. You don't ALWAYS have to listen to third wave. Isn't being a fan of Ska liking EVERYTHING about it, even some of the bad stuff? Dx  

Skaified

bigjegs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:31 am
Yeah! I love ska as the small exclusive genre it is now! I think that i will have to kill someone if i ever have to say "well i listened to ska before it was cool..."  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff