Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Are your parents crazy over healthy food? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight...

Since I came back from CA [3 weeks already], my mom have been only cooking healthy food. "Shut up and eat." That's what she answered me when I asked her why. o_o;

I miss pizza and a few junk food. ;-;

Discuss:
> Healthy food;
> How food can torture you;
> Heathly food recipes that taste good...?

It feels so right
To
night

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:33 pm
We dont eat healthy but then again we dont eat unhealthy eithier I guess we're balanced. I really like tofu though.  

Reizomaku

King Henry
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:39 pm
Moon Light Ninja
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Since I came back from CA [3 weeks already], my mom have been only cooking healthy food. "Shut up and eat." That's what she answered me when I asked her why. o_o;

I miss pizza and a few junk food. ;-;

Discuss:
> Healthy food;
> How food can torture you;
> Recipes that taste good...?

It feels so right
To
night

Sounds like Valerie's mother is not the nicest of people blaugh

Yes, my parents are complete health freaks. We don't keep soft drinks in the house because "drinking too much of it will give you diabetes later on." Also, I can't eat any of the fried chicken at my job because "it has a lot of oils and you'll get cholesterol."

The rest of my family aren't much better. Whenever I eat at IHOP with my cousins (who are doctors by the way), I am only allowed to eat one sausage link, even if the order comes with two.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:39 pm
My family also makes healthy food but we like to snack on junk food time to time. But my family are great cooks... unlike me... so they make healthy food into yummy food.
That sounded weird for a moment. I can't really name a few healthy dishes right now because I still can't understand a word what my mom is saying. (My family speaks Thai and Lao)

super hero 123

Kakashi272

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:41 pm
Idk.. depends what type of healthy food.. I mean, you can eat junk food as long as you don't eat too much of it. >_< xd but healthy food is good.. I like vegatables more than meat most of the time but i'm not vegetarian(uhh then i would be a lot skinnier).. well.. depends how good of a cook your mom is cuz if she's a good cook she can make healthy food taste better.. if not that would stink xd yep..and I'm typing a whole bunch of random stuff so I think I'll stop now before I make people more confused then they already are.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:48 pm

SALAD SALAD SALAD SALAD SALAD. All that and a little piece of meat beside it... =w=

Henry: I do understand that parents and family want their children to eat well and not die of an heart attack. At least, they don't tell you "Shut up and eat". xD;

My mom is evil. It's normal, her Chinese sign is DRAGON. I'm just a poor little Ram. [/Total non-sense]

Kakashi272: My mom cooks really well. It's just that we have almost the same meal everday. Try to eat Pho for like 5 days. xP

It feels so right
To
night

Rebirth Project

Reizomaku

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:51 pm
Soo other than salad what does she consider appropriate food?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:51 pm
Moon Light Ninja

SALAD SALAD SALAD SALAD SALAD. All that and a little piece of meat beside it... =w=

Henry: I do understand that parents and family want their children to eat well and not die of an heart attack. At least, they don't tell you "Shut up and eat". xD;

My mom is evil. It's normal, her Chinese sign is DRAGON. I'm just a poor little Ram. [/Total non-sense]

Kakashi272: My mom cooks really well. It's just that we have almost the same meal everday. Try to eat Pho for like 5 days. xP

It feels so right
To
night

I'm a dragon, too surprised

Pho is good.  

King Henry
Crew

ch0coh0lic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:58 pm
User Image
remember this....

haha my mom is... kinda strange. one day, she'll randomly just pack up all the junk food and give it to the neighbors and the next day, she'll be asking where it is cuz she wants chips or something. hahaha

panda can hug the hell out of you...
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:04 pm
My parents give me a lot of freedom on what I want to eat...They are also very good cooks ^^ so healthy food taste just as good as junk food *drools* wink When it comes to fish it’s a whole different story. It’s not like I don't like eating fish it tastes good, but when I was younger I had bad experience on chocking on fish bones sweatdrop  

wackywacko

Luna Sea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:29 pm
My mom cries everytime I eat junk food..or neglect fruits and veggies. xD
She used to threat shoving food up my a** to me and my sister..
....She ..has...ISSUES.
And she doesn't let me go out very much.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:07 pm
oh well.....i never had any kind of junk food till date. except i eat one candy bar in every 6 months. i mostly survive on vegetables and fruits. i mostly eat salad with grilled chicken. And after comming back from gym i eat one chick-fil-a sandwich. I have never been to pizza hut, mcdonalds, burger king.

And i weigh 96. lol  

Lucky_Lips

Centaurion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:52 pm
wackywacko
My parents give me a lot of freedom on what I want to eat...They are also very good cooks ^^ so healthy food taste just as good as junk food *drools* wink When it comes to fish it’s a whole different story. It’s not like I don't like eating fish it tastes good, but when I was younger I had bad experience on chocking on fish bones sweatdrop

Totally! my mom can't eat meat, so she makes fish a lot, and i like it....it's just that i keep choking on it, and then i have to chuck the rest of my dinner.....which stinks......but....... I Looooooove Tofu!!!!!

Tofu. Tofu. Tofu. Tofu. Tofu. Tofu. Tofu. Tofu. Tofu. Tofu. Tofu. Tofu. Tofu. eek blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:54 pm
If being forced to eat only organic food counts, then that's my mom, and she's telling me about diseases I could get diagnost with if I don't stick to organic. -_-  

Azn Fcuk

Night Rain55

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:21 pm
You know... When I read the title, I was like hmm.. Here's something Valerie can relate to, she keeps complaining about it. But then I saw your name of the creator of the thread thingy and I was like, okay, I guess it's her. xD My mom's like whatever. We eat whatever. But when she does cook healthy, she's like "It's good for you!" But we're pretty much "whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..."  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff