Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~.The Atheist Guild.~
A really bad shove thier religon down your throat catholic.. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Un-Hugged Child

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:52 pm
... has got to be my mom... and sadly she asked me what i belived in one day.. now im not ashamed that im atheist (sorry for spelling) so i answered ..." well im atheist" and she tripped out... ever since she has brought me to mass.. which my i note is FREAKIN BORING... and only taught me things i could have preached... and whenever we talk (she doesnt live with me) she preaches to me about finding god... i really wish to scream at her (of course just to shut her up... i dont actually think this) " MOM IM FREAKIN ATHEIST... DEAL WITH IT.. RELIGON IS FOR THE WEAK AND INSUCRE SO SHUT UP AND GO AWAY..." of course that would lead to some problems so i have to refrian... but i wouldnt mind if i went to a mass in a church.. at least churches are pretty and i can stare at the stained glass the entire time... but whatever.. now that i vented im happy smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:20 pm
Eh, don't listen to her. Remeber the froggy, someone really pummeled her with it. You sprt of are bashing saying religion is for the weak, so don't say that. We don't like bashing, but we bash religous bashers.  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

Heterosexual Fa gg ot
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:51 pm
I would just not listen to her. My grandma is like that. And yes mass is wickedly boring, which is why I skipped everyone at my old school xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:40 pm
i have an uncle like that. whenever we have dinner at his house and he says grace at the table, my brother and i leave the room.
my dad's best friend is also an uber-christian. i love the man very much, but we always seem to get into religious arguments. sometimes it's fun, but other times i just want to bash him in the skull. when i was little, i would get in fights with his daughter about how i thought jesus was the same as santa or the easter bunny. i used to make her cry all the time. rofl  

redtail2
Crew

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:01 pm
Heh, that just about sums it up redtail. All they're doing is whining to the sky for things to get better, and it doesn't help. Somebody said "look up at the sky, how couldn't you" or something along those lines of how she believes in god, of course us atheists don't bash really unless we get preached to. Now how I could look up at the sky, universe, and space and not believe in god is the fact that light is reflected in the sky in such a way it turns blue to our eyes. I am still trying to figure out quantum physics, so I can't really do much.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:51 pm
*note i dont really mean what i want to say to her... it would just shut her up thats for sure...* and i do like getting into religous debates.. mainly beacuse of how easily people are persuaded... and yet 5 min ago they claimed to belive in there religon.. now they are re-thinking it... and of course i dont start it off... this is how it normally goes...

The person: " hey.. i never heard you speak about your religon.. what religon are you?

Me: " Im an Atheist (sorry for spelling)"

The person: " OMG YOU GONNA GO TO HELL..!!... YOU ARE LIKE A SATAN WORSHIPER!!... why dont you belive in god"

Me: "i just dont belive in most things that the bible says.. or any other thing says.. plus im too lazy to deal with that religous crap"

The person: "omg how can you not belive in god.. i mean like he is all around us... (then they precede to say pointless things like experts "think" they found Nohas arc)

Me: (and this is were the debate starts... and im just a person who likes to debate anyway)

the person: (after the debate either do 1 of 2 things)
1. " well you can belive in nothing.. or not.. its your choice (and i repect them even more for that...)
or
2. "omg.. i never thought of it that way... have i been following a big money scam / lie??" (which just shows there so called faith )  

Un-Hugged Child

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:02 pm
Hmm, I like religious debates except the ones with people who just ADD every part of your debate out and think they've won. No offence to ADD peeps. Of course no atheist I've ever known has just asked what religion someone is and just start bashing. This guild is a good place to discuss our debates and figure out more things from our fellow atheists, and have fun.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:08 pm
FlamingChihuahua
Hmm, I like religious debates except the ones with people who just ADD every part of your debate out and think they've won. No offence to ADD peeps. Of course no atheist I've ever known has just asked what religion someone is and just start bashing. This guild is a good place to discuss our debates and figure out more things from our fellow atheists, and have fun.

I once had a girlfriend like that...  

TheFriar

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:11 pm
TheFriar
FlamingChihuahua

The whole gf dumping you because you were atheist? Wait, was that you?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:40 am
She just wants you to be happy and she belives that it is the correct way through Catholic teachings...Don't blame her she just wants to keep you safe. But you also have to ask her to listen then tell her why you do not believe...Have fun  

Dead Twisted Romance

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:11 pm
Dead Twisted Romance
She just wants you to be happy and she belives that it is the correct way through Catholic teachings...Don't blame her she just wants to keep you safe. But you also have to ask her to listen then tell her why you do not believe...Have fun
I think that's what she's trying to do but she can't accept atheism and she sure as chihuahua can't do it through conversion to something you have to talk to a wooden stick for.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:25 pm
I have never heard of mass, and Catholicism sucks. u can't have fun sex (use a condom). Mormonism is more of a cult, which u hafta wait untill 16 or later to date. Judaeism is the more harsh version but original of these ones. Christianity is too Borg (for those non-trekky people, Assimilation.). I chose Atheism cus they're all too weird. plus i don't believe in one "higher being".  

Waterdragon1

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:42 am
Mass is like going to church on Sundays for catholicism. Yes, you have to waist every sunday of your life just for a fate that doesn't exist. Remember before you were born? That is what it's like after death because logic makes it that way. No matter how many times you tell a stick you want him to be sorry for you. I don't think a wooden stick will help you.
Face the logic of The Chihuahua  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:44 am
FlamingChihuahua
TheFriar
FlamingChihuahua

Many times, but now I'm happily married (only by law, duh) to an atheist.

EDIT: I was reading another thread, and, just to avoid any confusion, Unofficial Music Promoter and I are two different people. I don't even know him.  

TheFriar

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:25 am
TheFriar
FlamingChihuahua
TheFriar
FlamingChihuahua

Many times, but now I'm happily married (only by law, duh) to an atheist.

EDIT: I was reading another thread, and, just to avoid any confusion, Unofficial Music Promoter and I are two different people. I don't even know him.
Oh, that clears it up. Glad you found another atheist! We're getting scarce as religions are past down from generation to generation. Tell me when your anniversary is and
I'll attempt to send you a cupcake via highspeed broadband internet connection. Don't try that at home, kids (though I am a kid and I am at home).  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff