Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[ Yaoi Hatelistings and Anti-Yaoi Webs ] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darku_Irisu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:57 pm
How homophobic and horrible people can be...

http://www.myrrhlynn.net/antiyaoi/

http://community.livejournal.com/antiyaoi/

Sad, isn't it?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:33 pm
I totally don't get the point of making a website/community based on hating something. There's a slew of more positive things to do, why must they focus on the negatives? O_o;  

Dultae

Nobility Glistens

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:15 pm
Perhaps they feel it’s their right to bash and/or criticize Yaoi lovers and their fics? From what I gathered some of them feel outraged by the notion that characters they like are depicted as gay/bi. So, their harangues and rants are used as weapons to strike back at as us evil Yaoi loving monsters. Others, see such projects as a chance to voice their disdain for Yaoi amongst others who share their views. Given that many societies are still anti-gay, so to speak, it’s to be expected. Personally, I think their idiots, but that may just be me.

Quote:
Anyways. I use to be a yaoi hating son-of-a-b***h, but I recently just started getting into yaoi so now I am just a yaoi fangirl hating son-of-a-b***h. Meh. Those dumbass fangirls. I consider myself a different breed of the "Yaoi Lover". I am just the "yaoi appreciator". Never in a million years would I pair two boys together. I rather pair up a boy and a girl, but if I see a yaoi couple, I can appreciate the teh hottness.

I can’t be the only one here who think this is utterly hilarious.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:25 pm
I didn't really have enough time to read the second one but I don't believe the girl is being homophobic by not liking yaoi.

sweatdrop Please don't murder me for disagreeing but I think you need to read everything before you assume someone feels one way about something. The person who created the site said she has nothing wrong with gay people nor lesbians, she simply doesn't like yaoi and finds it distasteful.

I honestly would understand if she had said 'yaoi is bad because guy shouldn't love guys' but she didn't really say anything of the sort that I saw.

Exotic~Muffin

nallos numba 1 fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:29 pm
Sheltigrrl
I totally don't get the point of making a website/community based on hating something. There's a slew of more positive things to do, why must they focus on the negatives? O_o;

I agree.
It's a waste of time/ money to make those websites.
>>;

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:17 pm
So ridiculous. I think it's silly to make websites made specifically for hating something.

I don't neccessarily think the people who made them are homophobic, although I'm sure many of the people who support them probably are.

I don't see why people have to put down others, and consider their opinions better then everyone else's. (And even more so, call people who disagree with them something along the lines of "******** retarded," say that they "deserve to die," or something to that extent.)

/: I feel sorry for the people who made those. (Specifially the anti-fangirl essay posted in the livejournal group. x_x;)

Marionette_Cossette

Hypothetical HD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:45 pm
I just find it ridiculously funny that they waste so much energy on something they hate. You'd think that someone is coming along and taping their face to the screen and forcing them to look at yaoi the way they talk about it. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:50 pm
I honestly got a kick out of the fangirl thing... I've only been to two or three cons and it's very correct in sumerizing a lot of girls.

sweatdrop Once again, sorry to disagree.

Exotic~Muffin

Dultae

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:04 pm
Ethereal Ascendance
Quote:
Anyways. I use to be a yaoi hating son-of-a-b***h, but I recently just started getting into yaoi so now I am just a yaoi fangirl hating son-of-a-b***h. Meh. Those dumbass fangirls. I consider myself a different breed of the "Yaoi Lover". I am just the "yaoi appreciator". Never in a million years would I pair two boys together. I rather pair up a boy and a girl, but if I see a yaoi couple, I can appreciate the teh hottness.

I can’t be the only one here who think this is utterly hilarious.

You're not. xD The really weird thing is that I know plenty of other people like that. This I call "denial." >3

Thing about the fangirls, though... so true, especially in Certain Cases. I have to admit, there are sooo many yaoi fangirls I can't STAND. (That's the nice thing about this guild. biggrin It's got some pretty intelligent people.) But I don't think that's something you can attach to yaoi alone.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:16 pm
Personally, I just think it's weird. Not about the whole some people hating yaoi, it's fangirls, or anything like that. Just that people would put so much time into a website about bashing it. I knoew quite a number of people myself who don't take to yaoi or homosexuality at all. Fine, that's there choice, why does it effect me?

But if you really dislike something, why would you want to focus on it so much? It's like, I really dislike cheerleading. That's my personal choice for whatever reason I may have. So I want to put it as far from my mind as possible, not dwell on it. I don't get some sort of satisfaction of finding people with the same dislikes as me. I like meeting people who have the same likes as me. It makes the whole relationship that much more positive.

So the only thing I can think of as a reaction to sites like that is, if yaoi and it's fanbase is making them so upset, then they need to find something that doesn't upset them. Find something that they like, focus on that, and the whole world will be much more happier. That way, they can quite feeling upset about something they have no control over, and the fangirls they might potentially be insulting ( they have feelings too y'know. Not that I defend annoying behaviour, but still ) can be left alone. There. Now we're all left alone to the things we like. Isn't that better now? heart

SeNalove

Battery Charged Sex

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:35 pm
How horrible.
I support yaoi AND yuri (even tho I am not lesbian) and I believe that if people choose to be gay, thats what they should do. They are like us in every way, except they get stereotyped and pitied. I despise homophobics.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:07 pm
omg those people should go choke on dirt *dirt that i shoved in their big mouths*  

Rainbow Recycle

3,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Rainbow Recycle

3,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:08 pm
TwOoHonEoH
omg those people should go choke on dirt *dirt that i shoved in their big mouths*

can we send them mail..i know a really good and steamy fanfiction story twisted and yaoi pics muwahahaha!

lets make them burn out their eyes so we can attack them on the street and they cant tell who did it! muwahahaha  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:11 pm
die haters die  

Rainbow Recycle

3,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Hypothetical HD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:13 pm
TwOoHonEoH
TwOoHonEoH

can we send them mail..i know a really good and steamy fanfiction story twisted and yaoi pics muwahahaha!

lets make them burn out their eyes so we can attack them on the street and they cant tell who did it! muwahahaha

I seem to recall people doing that on the LJ community at one point. I say leave them be. They're obviously miserable and pissed off at nothing without any help. lol  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff