Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Non-Anime Related
What non-anime movie are you currently watching? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azrael the Mad
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:29 pm
Like I said, I'm making this thread because I'm interested in the AAG members' taste in movies.

I just finished Akira Kurosawa's Kagemusha, and now I'm watching Conspirators of Pleasure by surreal Czech filmmaker, Jan Svankmajer. It's very good, and very strange, and I'm currently obsessed by his works. Him, and other surrealist filmmakers, like The Brothers Quay, Luis Bunuel, and others. :nod:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:34 pm
As usual I'm hunting down foriegn cinema... and cult classics. I'm actually watching the Fu Manchu movies.  

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

p934

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:37 pm
Pride and Prejudice heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:40 pm
My dad's watching some Steven Segal movie and since the computers in the basement near the TV I'm watching it too. It's actually kinda interesting. I think It's the second "Under Siege" or maybe it's the first one...  

volley15

15,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Azrael the Mad
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:17 pm
Wyrn
As usual I'm hunting down foriegn cinema... and cult classics. I'm actually watching the Fu Manchu movies.
I have all of those movies. I just finished watching Taboo... What's better than a hot gay samurai flick with Beat Takeshi? XD Next, something by Miike Takashi perhaps. Maybe Visitor Q, or Audition.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:18 pm
Akito_lover_4_ever
Pride and Prejudice heart
Which one? =3  

Azrael the Mad
Crew

Ceveo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:20 pm
Running scared. ATL. Domino. And finally She's The Man. Yay for asking the rental dude to be creative.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:21 pm
Yoshaki
Running scared. ATL. Domino. And finally She's The Man. Yay for asking the rental dude to be creative.
BLEH. SHE'S THE MAN? You dissappoint me, Harry. I thought you had better tastes than that. XD;;  

Azrael the Mad
Crew

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:22 pm
MadAzrael
Wyrn
I have all of those movies. I just finished watching Taboo... What's better than a hot gay samurai flick with Beat Takeshi? XD Next, something by Miike Takashi perhaps. Maybe Visitor Q, or Audition.

No one is better then Beat Takeshi.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:26 pm
Wyrn
MadAzrael
Wyrn

No one is better then Beat Takeshi.
You should see the guy who played the gay samurai. GOD, was he beautiful.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
THIS guy. Not usually my tastes, but he IS quite entrancing. And to all the n00bs out there, NO I'm not gay. I'm genderblind. Equal opportunity, as it were. Just clearing the air.

You know what? Screw it. I'm watching the Zatoichi movie that Beat was in.

Azrael the Mad
Crew

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:49 pm
Can't forget my favorite movie with Beat Takeshi. Battle Royale. Cult Classics never die.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:54 pm
Wyrn
Can't forget my favorite movie with Beat Takeshi. Battle Royale. Cult Classics never die.
I have all of them, but did you hear that apparently they're FINALLY OFFICIALLY importing it into the US? Like, translated and stuff. I don't know if they're going to dub it...GOD, I hope they don't dub it...  

Azrael the Mad
Crew

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:03 pm
I heard that as well. I don't know much but a rumor flying around says it's to be edited.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:07 pm
Wyrn
I heard that as well. I don't know much but a rumor flying around says it's to be edited.
GODDAMNIT. They did that to Koroshiya Ichi, too. Cut out almost 30-35 damn minutes from the movie. Luckily, I have the unedited and uncut version, still the US release, but completely uncensored. I hope they do the same thing with Royale.  

Azrael the Mad
Crew

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:10 pm
MadAzrael
Wyrn
GODDAMNIT. They did that to Koroshiya Ichi, too. Cut out almost 30-35 damn minutes from the movie. Luckily, I have the unedited and uncut version, still the US release, but completely uncensored. I hope they do the same thing with Royale.

I got the UK release. Unedited with an option to have Japanese people with British accents  
Non-Anime Related

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff