Reply Adults 18 and Older : Exclusive!
Old School like B-boys on cardboard! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kojaq

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:56 am
Don't mind the title sweatdrop , I was trying to find something attention grabbing but eh...Anyway I was bored today and decided to look at this website called Retro Junk. Man...it brought back so many memories. It's a site filled with old 70's, 80's, & 90's commercials and shows(or at least articles about them). Man...watching some of those old nintendo commericals brought laughs. It started to get me thinking about what I missed about the yesteryears of tv and games, and if anyone remembered them at all? What shows and games brings you back to the days of simpler life? I'll just list some that I remember and a few thoughts on them, so plan on a huge a** post, if this never gets read, no matter, I just did this to pass the boredom...and if you want list some that you loved back in the day! blaugh

Oh by the way that website also has old theme songs from shows and games too!

The List of Shows

I guess I'll start with a list of a few, or more, shows(mostly cartoons) that I watched when I was younger, I'll eventually add other posts with list for V. Games and Toys, and possibly books *shrugs* ~('~')~

Captain N: The Gamemaster - Man I loved this show. A mesh of my favorite Nintendo characters, although they were a bit skewed, and Princess Lana I'm assuming was a representation of Princess Toadstool/Peach due to the fact that Mario already had the Princess in his bed, and Peach isn't a hoe, I guess? So she couldn't fall in love again, you know? Megaman was green...which was really odd, and Simon Belmont wasn't all medival, he looked like a human version of LaunchPad(Ducktales, another one of my favorites). And Kid Icarus had a very unproportioned head when compared to his body, and said -icus after every sentence. Mother Brain was the evil villian(Metroid), but where the hell was Samus? Favorite episode was with Link and Zelda.

Ducktales - Since I mentioned it up there *points to above paragraph* I'll guess I'll do this one next. I just really liked this show, I mean talking ducks!(Yes, I did also like Howard the Duck...I am ashamed). I also liked the movie with the Genie. I was disappointed though that Launchpad TV career still type-casted him as a bumbling side-kick in later shows, I mean give the guy some credit.

Darkwing Duck - Since where on ducks, I thought this show was just unique in its own right, plus it had Launchpad. It was the comical duck version of Batman. At least he had a cool looking bike.

Super Mario Power Hour/Super Mario Super Show - This consisted orginally of the first super mario cartoon and Captain N, hence the first title of Super Mario Power Hour. Later it expanded into a bigger programming block on the Saturday Morning Line-up. Adding Megaman and Super Mario Bros. 3, then taking off Megaman, Capt. N, and Super Mario Bros. and just leaving Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World. Yeah I know I like alot of video game cartoons, so sue me!

Megaman - Since my brain has flown back to video games, I might as well do this one. This show was great to me, I wished they had put Zero in there but eh it was before his time. Basically various tales of Fights between Megaman & Co. vs Dr. Willy & Co. Proto Man was my favorite bad guy though, even if the scarf on his neck was a little flaming.

G.I Joe - Man all I have to say is the title and friends and I start thinking of the good ol' days. Snake eyes, my favorite and problably the favorite of many others. PSA annoucements and Sgt. Slaughter made this show quite educational yet fun to watch. Although Cobra had problably thw most annoying voice of the whole series, true his voice was supposed to be hissing, but it still was annoying. There isn't really much to say since most people know this one, as well as the next two...eh maybe three.

T.M.N.T - If you don't know what that stands for, you shall be slapped with a wierd topping pizza. This was one of the best shows ever made, so good that they made, not 1, not 2, but 3 live action movies. I hate math but it seems like a differnt way to explain why I liked this show. 4 Anthro-turtles + 1 Anthro-rat + 1 Red-hair Female reporter * A metallic amored villian named after office equipment + B-boy named Anthro-warthog and rhino * A animate brain stuffed in the stomach of a robot / Martial arts & 80's(early 90's) lingo = One of the best Half hour cartoons ever to grace the small screen. I loved it in the beginning, and my love dwindled when it started going into super mutated versions of the turtles and others, and went all futuristic. I am not a fan of the one currently airing on CN. They, in my opinion, completely bastardized the show.

Transformers - Optimus, Megatron, Starscream, etc. You know the drill. This has been remade more times than I can imagine, as well has Optimus' appearance. I prefer Generation 1 & 2, although Beast Wars was right up there with them. Soundwave and Blaster we're some of my favorites simply because they turned into radios, and had tape robots inside of them. Although I feel pretty bad that I can only remember the name of Two of Soundwaves, and I can't remember any of Blaster's. Laserbeak(The bird) and Ravage(The Jaguar). Other than that I liked the dino-bots from Gen 1 and the Constructicons(later to be known as Destructicons) and their ability to connect and become that huge one know as Devastor. The air autobots have one too, called Superion. As well as other mutli-transformer made ones.

I problably will update this later considering that now I have to get off...but next update will have more unheard of Cartoons, such as Barnyard Commandos, Where is Waldo?, Mr. Bogus..also will have live action shows that I remember although most of those still have reruns today, cartoons don't really have that option.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:46 pm
I wasn't much into the typical Saturday morning toons and such but some of the ones you listed are amongst my more nostalgic bunch. We can't forget about Rescue Rangers, woo they're the shiz!  

OpiuuK

Silly Pudding

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:12 am
Rescue Rangers....and the Power Rangers sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:14 am
dude, Voltron  

Smokey5000

Dapper Genius

chipmunkosaurus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:27 am
eek AW! I'mma go check this site out whee

*edit*
*glomps Angel* Thank you for posting this site.

I almost cried when I saw the themes for David the Gnome and The Wuzzles!

I don't remember anything other than watching The Wuzzles. But tears welled up in my eyes when I saw the pic of it, lol.

David the Gnome was one of my favorite shows when I was itty bitty and I'd totally forgotten about it til I saw the little pic of him and his little wife.

Most of the shows I'd remembered, but there were a few I'd forgotten all about. sweatdrop

Oh the memories whee  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:30 am

I was a Darkwing Duck, Ninja Turtles,
Batman, and My Little Pony fan. 4laugh

icing

Aroes san

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 8:04 pm
the older Loony Toons and tom and jerry, Ninja Turtles, Transformers, Captin Planet, G.I. Joe, and there was this cartoon with the voice of john candy as a camp counsler...forgot the name of it though  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:04 pm
Aroes san
the older Loony Toons and tom and jerry, Ninja Turtles, Transformers, Captin Planet, G.I. Joe, and there was this cartoon with the voice of john candy as a camp counsler...forgot the name of it though
was it the Shirt Tales?  

corruption

XxNightGoddessxX

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 4:14 am
Wasn't it like Camp Candy or something?.....I remember that show ^-^  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:10 am
XxNightGoddessxX
It was camp candy! *gives Goddess a cookie*

Shirt tales was a cartoon about small chibi-esque anthropormophic animals that saved the world, and lived in a tree in central park.  

Kojaq

vegetunks
Crew

Invisible Elder

11,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:36 am
Angel Hikari
XxNightGoddessxX

Shirt tales was a cartoon about small chibi-esque anthropormophic animals that saved the world, and lived in a tree in central park.

YAY Rescue Rangers. I liked that show.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:04 pm
Angel Hikari
XxNightGoddessxX

Punky power! :3  

XxNightGoddessxX

Silly Pudding

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:24 pm
Did anyone mention Care Bears yet? And I think that Scooby Doo could be mentioned there. The original one that is, not the ones from nowadays  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:45 pm
Mistress of the Dark
Did anyone mention Care Bears yet? And I think that Scooby Doo could be mentioned there. The original one that is, not the ones from nowadays

I miss Scooby. whee

icing

corruption

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:42 pm
*smites scooby*  
Adults 18 and Older : Exclusive!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items