Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Serious Episode Discussion: The Trouble With Tribbles TOS44 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How would you rank this episode?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

CpnTakahashi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:40 pm
Okay, I'm not sure if anyone has done this so far, but this forum is for serious discussion about the ST:TOS episode The Trouble with Tribbles (episode 44). This forum is open to all pros and cons of the episode. Please feel free to say whatever you want.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:42 am
(This THREAD.)

To open....
This is a much-beloved episode.

People who almost never watched the original Trek remember this
episode, and it inspired a sequel in Deep Space 9.

We learned that even Scotty has his limits. smile

This was the one appearance of Cyrano Jones, the vendor of the
Tribbles. Too bad-like Harry Mudd, he was interesting.
However, he DID have to spend time getting rid of the Tribbles.....

The Enterprise sure took a casual approach to cute, fuzzy animals
in every corner of the ship, didn't they?

If it was my ship, and cute little kitties started showing up EVERYWHERE,
I would have seen this as a problem, too.
(Cervantes: "Can we ever have too much of a good thing?")  

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100

white_stranger

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:21 am
I couldn't believe they buried Kirk in tribbles. While it was very funny, it was also kind of shocking.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:41 pm
My favorite part of the intire episode was at the end when they told Kirk that Scotty transported all the tribbles to the Klingon ship. I still laugh when I thinkg of that.  

Curtis25

Gelasius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:21 pm
My favorite part of the episode is when the salesman returns to the bar and wants to sell more tribbles to the guy and he just stacks all the tribbles on the bar and of course, there are hundreds of them. A very funny and entertaining episode indeed. Who wrote it?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:53 am
one of me personal favorite episodes biggrin I have it on vhs and watch it often I want to create the worlds first tribble after I graduate from college as a geneticist  

Saoraan

Curtis25

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:17 pm
Saoraan
one of me personal favorite episodes biggrin I have it on vhs and watch it often I want to create the worlds first tribble after I graduate from college as a geneticist

if you do that I will be first in line to buy one. as long as you leave out there reproducton problem.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:44 am
I LOVE that episode! And eventhough the tribbles are awesome, I think the part with Scotty and the Klingons is priceless! And of course Scotty telling Kirk about it afterwards! And Kirk getting mad............. it was certainly one of the top TOS episodes.  

TPila

Wind-Whisper

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 4:06 pm
All three of the tribble episodes (TOS, DS9, ANI) are among my all-time favorites, but I find it interesting that of all people, Dr.Phlox knew what to do best with them. He fed them to his lab animals.  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:15 pm
being buried in tribbles isn't nearly as fun as it looks.  

vampirelove75

Dangerous Genius

Elle Lyn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:01 am
This is probably the most famous TOS episode. When I pointed out the tribble in the movie to my friend who has only seen a couple of TOS episodes, she said "Oh, you mean those little fluffballs that reproduce like rabbits?" I also loved how we got to see Scotty and Chekov have a conversation.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:33 pm
love the tribbles. got to admit its one of my favs from the original basically because ds9 does a remake including them in it. lol.  

ranch_and_potatos

Captain Treky

Dapper Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:21 am
I love this episode. I will watch it many times and never get tired of it. My dad doesn't like it for some reason. So I messed with him and on his computer put Kirk in a pile of tribbles looking frustrated as his desktop background. He doesn't know how to change the background so it's hilarious.
What is the name of the DS9 tribble eppisode?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:22 am
Trials and Tribble-ations was the DS9 episode. And it was so well done, I just love how seamless they made it even though they were some 30 years apart.  

Elle Lyn

Da Jeans

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:28 am
Curtis25
My favorite part of the intire episode was at the end when they told Kirk that Scotty transported all the tribbles to the Klingon ship. I still laugh when I thinkg of that.
My favorite part as well! The look on his face is priceless.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff