Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Coming out about Yaoi Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RaddPixieSticQueen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:12 pm
We all have one thing in common here and that thing is our love for yaoi/shonen ai. Now I am pretty open about my love for Yaoi/shonen Ai but it wasn't always like that. I actually used to be pretty shy for my love of boy/boy lovin'. I was actually kind pulled out of the Yaoi closet when my family asked me what a shirt of mine meant [it said I heart yaoi. I only wore it around my house] stupidly I answered and after seeing their disgusted reactions I realized I didn't care who knew about my love for Yaoi anymore!

Which is why I'm so glad I found this guild. I really don't know many people that love or even like Yaoi.

Discussion:
+Were you always open about your love for Yaoi.
+Do your friends or Family care that you like Yaoi?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:29 pm
Only a couple of my friends know that I like it and when I said I like yaoi their reaction was, ''wtf is yaoi?'' Then I tell them and their all. D: And I'm all ^^;..... yup.  

Invisible Ukulele

[That_Guy]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:42 pm
I have yet to acquire the courage to come out of my "Closet", and express my infatuation for yaoi/other related topics. I have different circumstances though, and since I have no wish to announce my gay-hood to my friends then I guess they'll never know I like boy-boy manga. Oh wellz. 3nodding xd 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:48 pm
Karai_sato
Only a couple of my friends know that I like it and when I said I like yaoi their reaction was, ''wtf is yaoi?'' Then I tell them and their all. D: And I'm all ^^;..... yup.

Well when my mother's idoit husband (he's a homophobe) asked about my shirt the conversation went:

"What's that say?"

"I heart Yaoi..."

"What's Yaoi?"

"umm a type of Anime..or Manga.. I guess.."

"What type?"

"I really don't want to get into this John..."

"come on what type"

*after 3 or 4 minutes of him badgering me*

"fine. It's boy/ boy love"

"That's Disgusting!"

stare

RaddPixieSticQueen

Invisible Ukulele

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:50 pm
RaddPixieSticQueen
Karai_sato

Well when my mother's idoit husband (he's a homophobe) asked about my shirt the conversation went:

"What's that say?"

"I heart Yaoi..."

"What's Yaoi?"

"What type?"

"come on what type"

"That's Disgusting!"

stare
He asked for it. lol. Darn homophobes. xDDDD  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:51 pm
[That_Guy]
I have yet to acquire the courage to come out of my "Closet", and express my infatuation for yaoi/other related topics. I have different circumstances though, and since I have no wish to announce my gay-hood to my friends then I guess they'll never know I like boy-boy manga. Oh wellz. 3nodding xd 3nodding

My mother would kill me if she found out about the yaoi. She once told me if she suspected I was Bi she would disown me I'm straight but what can I say? I love the yaoi/yuri

RaddPixieSticQueen

RaddPixieSticQueen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:55 pm
Karai_sato
RaddPixieSticQueen
Karai_sato

"What's that say?"

"I heart Yaoi..."

"What's Yaoi?"

"What type?"

"come on what type"

"That's Disgusting!"

stare

Oh I know! It was funny cause my step sister knew what it was and she was just giggle fitting the whole time. My mom is blissfully unaware and I doubt her husband has the guts to tell her.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:03 pm
RaddPixieSticQueen
Karai_sato
RaddPixieSticQueen
Karai_sato

"What's that say?"

"I heart Yaoi..."

"What's Yaoi?"

"What type?"

"come on what type"

"That's Disgusting!"

stare

Oh I know! It was funny cause my step sister knew what it was and she was just giggle fitting the whole time. My mom is blissfully unaware and I doubt her husband has the guts to tell her.

xDDD My mom'd probably just drop it at ''a type of anime and manga I guess'' and then go look it up on the internet and then confront me about it saying ''honey I think you should stop with this whole yaoi thing'' xDDD Then she'd get all worked up in spite of her self and say that if I don't throw out the shirt right away I'm grounded and she'll throw it away. She's so wierd.  

Invisible Ukulele

RaddPixieSticQueen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:25 pm
Karai_sato
RaddPixieSticQueen
Karai_sato
RaddPixieSticQueen
Karai_sato

"What's that say?"

"I heart Yaoi..."

"What's Yaoi?"

"What type?"

"come on what type"

"That's Disgusting!"

stare

xDDD My mom'd probably just drop it at ''a type of anime and manga I guess'' and then go look it up on the internet and then confront me about it saying ''honey I think you should stop with this whole yaoi thing'' xDDD Then she'd get all worked up in spite of her self and say that if I don't throw out the shirt right away I'm grounded and she'll throw it away. She's so wierd.

eek If my mom found out she'd be pissed. but oh heaven help us all if she threw away my Yaoi Mangas...I've spent a lot of money to see Ed/Roy sweet talk each other damn it xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:31 pm
When I first got into it (5 or 6 years ago) I didn't tell anyone, I was pretty embarrassed about it. That went on for months. Then my parents wanted to know what I was looking at (slash fiction) so I told them - they were incredulous but ultimately not concerned enough to make them stop me.

I was more worried about my friends (a lot of them are quite vocally opposed to homosexuality anyway), but I kind of dropped hints from about 3 years ago. Now everyone knows. Lol.

Aeronwyn

14,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Cheerleader 200

Gatto Dell`Ombra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:44 pm
When I first got into yaoi, it was because my boyfriend was reading some, and gave me some wierd Japanese version of some kinda thing... and I saw the pictures and was like... "OMG cool." So... here I am now. And my parents don't really care, because they alread know I'm gay.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:33 pm
my parents will never find out. but my sistser and and brother knows tho xd  

The Dark Ninja Gackt

3,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

kasashi

Friendly Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:55 pm

I don't think my parents know about it. Che, I'm not planning to tell them, though. My mother would act .. weird and ask thing like .. maybe you are from the wrong side. rolleyes
I don't think my father would apreciate if he finds out, he is so religious.

My friends do know about it though and they like it too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:04 pm
My parents don't really fathom what yaoi is. They don't care, really.

My brothers know, because the younger of the two is friends with my friends that converted me to yaoi. xd

And as for band kids, I pick and choose. Some are too close-minded, so I won't tell those ones.  

LvKyo

Rouknette Desto-Inflamare

Eloquent Conversationalist

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:33 pm
Let's see....just about everyone besides my family knows I'm a yaoi-loving, pairing-making fangirl...

It's just not something I let my family know....nothing but homophobes  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces