Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[One Piece] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vintage Orion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:13 pm
In my opinion, One Piece has got to be a very popular fandom. Er, not really. It's not as popular as some other anime fandoms, I know that...

So, anyone else particularly fond of One Piece....and anything yaoi-related to it?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:00 pm
I think OP has a good fandom base, just not a good fangirl base. The art doesn't exactly create breath-taking bishounen nor is it a particularly angsty series. So it's missing the two things fangirls like--wangst and bishies (even though I think Sanji's kinda hot).

I personally love OP. I love the series' dynamic. The stories are funny but heart felt and sometimes even painful (Nami and Chopper's stories). I think Luffie is adorable. He's got a beautiful personality, wonderful drive, a great laugh and he's uber cool. He's one of my favorite anime heros ever.

Ace is my favorite character though and I hope that he gets his own spin off one day.

As for OP yaoi... I own three yaoi doujinshi anthologies. rofl

My favorite pairing is Luffie/Sanji. I started out as a Zorro/Sanji fangirl but the doujin's changed my mind. I still like Sanji/Zorro though. Sometimes I think that pairing’s more likely to work since Luffie's so out there.  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

psychotic LEE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:59 am
W00t! Three cheers for NC-17 rated ZoLu $ ZoSan fancition! redface  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:05 am
Zoro/Sanji is by far my favorite pairing, not just because it's hot, but because that pairing might actually 'work'. If I'm looking for some uberly adorable shounen-ai, I'd go for some Zoro/Luffy. x3

...But Luffy/Nami ish still my OTP. <3 *gets shot* x_x

Vintage Orion

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:08 am
Ace D. Portugas (sp?) and Gold Roger get meh luv!

Yeah, Zolo/Sanji for me too, I prefer Zolo/Luffy to Sanji/Luffy, I have to admit, but I'll go either way.

Is it wrong to have considered Chaser/Ace and Chaser/Luffy? 'Cause I have, as sad as that may be...

Also, I actually like both the cut and uncut... the cut is odd at times with the GLOWING GREEN GUNS OF DEATH (have you noticed that? in OP and Zatch Bell cut, they make the guns greener and glowier then they are in the uncut version... as if it now signifies that it is not a gun?). Sanji has a lollipop O_o possible jokes abundant, yet time is so short.

I also enjoy annoying people by jumping on elevated platforms and yelling "His name's Zolo, he's just like a samurai, and a L-A-D-Y, Nami's not shy, Usopp's doing that marksman thing, Sanji's cookin', Chopper's doc-toring!"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:14 am
Nah, Smoker/Ace is perfectly fine. I adore that pairing for no reason, too. xDD

....Wait, what? ._.;; Oh, you watch the dub version, I see. Well, tis okay if you watch the dub version! ^^

Vintage Orion

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Smoker/Ace is a great pairing. I forgot completely about them! But yeah, they totally fit. I mean, where there's smoke there's fire. whee *is shot* There's a lot of Japanese fanart for that pairing too... or at least their was the last time I went looking for OP fanart. It's pretty cute.

Sanji has a lolli in the dub? Funny. The oral fixation jokes get worse. XD: The only good thing the dub is for apparently XD:  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:52 pm
LadyNox
Smoker/Ace is a great pairing. I forgot completely about them! But yeah, they totally fit. I mean, where there's smoke there's fire. whee *is shot* There's a lot of Japanese fanart for that pairing too... or at least their was the last time I went looking for OP fanart. It's pretty cute.

Sanji has a lolli in the dub? Funny. The oral fixation jokes get worse. XD: The only good thing the dub is for apparently XD:

I've seen some of the uncut version, but it's harder for me to get up-to-date with that one, so I mostly stick to the cut for the basics... Smoker sounds cooler... most of the characters didn't change their names from what I remember, just random L-R switches and stuff...

One thing I don't like about the dub, is the opening song gets annoying and repetitive very quickly, and also, the narrator is Eric Stuart...  

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:12 pm
lurkindarkness
LadyNox

I've seen some of the uncut version, but it's harder for me to get up-to-date with that one, so I mostly stick to the cut for the basics... Smoker sounds cooler... most of the characters didn't change their names from what I remember, just random L-R switches and stuff...

One thing I don't like about the dub, is the opening song gets annoying and repetitive very quickly, and also, the narrator is Eric Stuart...

The music makes me go into seizures. I'm surprised you could handle it for a while. And yeah, Smoker does sound cooler. It also makes more sense since he does turn into SMOKE.

Eric Stuart's not bad if I'm remembering him correctly.

I do understand that. The uncut is incredibly hard to find. Worst is that 4kids doesn’t like to release uncut versions. *still hates them for Digimon* You can hope that another companies buys the uncut rights from 4kids. That’s what happened with Shaman King, I believe. Funimation released an uncut version.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:44 pm
LadyNox
lurkindarkness
LadyNox

The music makes me go into seizures. I'm surprised you could handle it for a while. And yeah, Smoker does sound cooler. It also makes more sense since he does turn into SMOKE.

Eric Stuart's not bad if I'm remembering him correctly.

I do understand that. The uncut is incredibly hard to find. Worst is that 4kids doesn’t like to release uncut versions. *still hates them for Digimon* You can hope that another companies buys the uncut rights from 4kids. That’s what happened with Shaman King, I believe. Funimation released an uncut version.

Uncut One Piece would be the shex. But I don't know if it is popular enough with 13+ people for them to do it, but you never know.

Eric Stuart is awesome, but he was doing his Seto Kaiba voice, and the first time I heard it I nearly jumped... I was watching Naruto, and One Piece comes on right after it, so I was just on the phone and then I just hear his voice and spazzed a bit.  

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

psychotic LEE

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:49 pm
tammywwr
Zoro/Sanji is by far my favorite pairing, not just because it's hot, but because that pairing might actually 'work'. If I'm looking for some uberly adorable shounen-ai, I'd go for some Zoro/Luffy. x3

The first part is ABSOULUTLY TRUE! Cause SERIOUSLY. WHO can picture LUFFY in... -cough- scenes????
LUFFYNAMI??!?!??!?!? -shoots ya- Srry mate but no can do!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:02 pm
I've only seen the first 30 eps of One piece but i have to say ZoroxSanji is ******** hot XP  

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500

psychotic LEE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:46 am
Jade Rotaski
I've only seen the first 30 eps of One piece but i have to say ZoroxSanji is ******** hot XP

THE FIRST 30? DAMN YA JADE! I'VE ONLY LIKE. SEEN 12 RANDOM ONES... -sobs quietly in my corner-  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:55 am
bitterSweetFate
tammywwr

The first part is ABSOULUTLY TRUE! Cause SERIOUSLY. WHO can picture LUFFY in... -cough- scenes????
LUFFYNAMI??!?!??!?!? -shoots ya- Srry mate but no can do!

Yeah, even when I was more fond of het... Luff/Nami was never meh type of pairing  

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:04 am
bitterSweetFate
Jade Rotaski

THE FIRST 30? DAMN YA JADE! I'VE ONLY LIKE. SEEN 12 RANDOM ONES... -sobs quietly in my corner-

I watched them all on Your tube deary they were good too!  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games