Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you heard of it?
  yes
  no
View Results

mmmddd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:08 am

It was interesting but a bit racy so not recommended for younger people. It's different...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:31 am

I think I've heard of it, because she reviewed a book I read, and I meant to check the series out, but never got around to it. What's the first book about?

NightIntent
Captain

mmmddd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:48 am

Luck in the Shadows (Nightrunner, Vol. 1)

Book Description
"A new star is rising in the fantasy firmament...teems with magic and spine-chilling amounts of skullduggery."–Dave Duncan, author of The Great Game

When young Alec of Kerry is taken prisoner for a crime he didn’t commit, he is certain that his life is at an end. But one thing he never expected was his cellmate. Spy, rogue, thief, and noble, Seregil of Rhiminee is many things–none of them predictable. And when he offers to take on Alec as his apprentice, things may never be the same for either of them. Soon Alec is traveling roads he never knew existed, toward a war he never suspected was brewing. Before long he and Seregil are embroiled in a sinister plot that runs deeper than either can imagine, and that may cost them far more than their lives if they fail. But fortune is as unpredictable as Alec’s new mentor, and this time there just might be…Luck in the Shadows.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:25 pm

oh i loved that book...well actually it was more of a love hate type thing. i wanted more relationship development and less polt...god there was too much plot.

Renegade Jarlaxle

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:52 pm

I'm most of the way done with Luck in the Shadows, and I rather liked it so far. I really like Micum and his family. I like Seregil some of the time. The plot is sorta confusing, but part of that is probably because I stopped reading it for like two weeks and forgot what happened in the beginning. n.n"
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:43 am

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of Lynn Flewelling's books! <3 She's one of my favorite authors. The Nightrunner series is great, but I also recommend her Tamir trilogy--they're wonderfully written.

Of course, as mmmddd said, her books really are for more mature readers. Don't give one to your ten-year-old sibling D':

Draug Heltikana

Excitable Counselor

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces