movies first
  tv shows first
  anime first
  doesn't matter
  dunno
View Results

maicuu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:47 am
Which songs and artists do you think would be best to use when introducing people to K-pop and J-pop?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:58 pm
maicuu
Which songs and artists do you think would be best to use when introducing people to K-pop and J-pop?

thats a hard question, considering when i first introduced my friend to asian music, i didnt want to scare her away, so i avoided the scatchy voiced or high pitched people. i reccomended dong bang shin ki or se7en to her. then, for japanese, i wouldnt really recommend w-inds, cause i know when i introduced my sister to them, she hated keita tachibana's high voice. but they do breakdance very well! so maybe i would show them a music video so they would be at least entertained.  

f a n g i r l

Teh Eve

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:49 pm
=__= May I recommend that you make them listen to the music FIRST.

My friend had a hard time introducing me to asian music mainly because she showed pictures of the guys first. TT^TT I thought they all looked like girls and ran away from her.

xD That soon changed though..bwahahahahahahaha.....*0* I totally fellin love with jaejoong for 8 months straight.

se7en is good. >D He is so fiiiinnne.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:12 pm
That depends. A person may like pop but may not like hip-hop. A person may be bored of ballads and are much more into club0ish music that are much more fast. Here's what I'd recommend:

Pure Princess Bubblegum Pop ; BoA (although, she does a bit of everything) / Ayumi Hamasaki (i don't like her soft and high voice much but she interested many)
R&B; SG Wannabe
Ballads ; Lee Soo Young / Utada Hikaru
Hiphop ; 1TYM / Orange Range (has some r&b and rock as well)
Pop-Rock ; The TRAX (quite popular these days) / Seo Taiji / Loveholic
If that person likes EVERYTHING, then go to the boybands like Shinhwa, H.O.T, the ever so new and popular Super Junior, SS501 and TVXQ (not that new now)
Folk ; Jang Yun Jung
Club-ishy ; Koyote, Lee Hyori, Kangta & Vannes

Interested in looks first? Definately Shinhwa, Super Junior, SE7EN, BoA, Lee Hyori, etc. I seriously do not recommend TVXQ in looks because in my opinion, they're ugly, sorry to say except for Jaejoong maybe after you stare at him for a whole month. >.<;

K-Pop

I Have Moved

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:50 am
Teh Eve

My friend had a hard time introducing me to asian music mainly because she showed pictures of the guys first. TT^TT I thought they all looked like girls and ran away from her.

xD That soon changed though..bwahahahahahahaha.....*0* I totally fellin love with jaejoong for 8 months straight.

Oh my god............ I know how your friend feels........... T0T
I showed my Chinese friends pictures of Kim JaeJoong, Kim HeeChul, and even worse -- No MinWoo/Rose. (In order, on different times) T0T Why worse? Cause they thought he looked like a girl the most.

They thought my newest obsession was even girler than the last.... T0T Which I admit is true, but I just love them all................

Ahhh they've been calling me a lesbian for like a week now.............. I want them to friggin stop!! T-T Definately music first................. A nice catchy music they can have playing in their minds over and over..............

I wonder when they'll be ready for the pictures? O_O  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:07 am
SutekiYume
Teh Eve

I showed my Chinese friends pictures of Kim JaeJoong, Kim HeeChul, and even worse -- No MinWoo/Rose. (In order, on different times) T0T Why worse? Cause they thought he looked like a girl the most.

They thought my newest obsession was even girler than the last.... T0T Which I admit is true, but I just love them all................

Ahhh they've been calling me a lesbian for like a week now.............. I want them to friggin stop!! T-T Definately music first................. A nice catchy music they can have playing in their minds over and over..............

maybe pictures of Bi & Se7en are the best bet, they're pretty normal looking usually  

maicuu

I Have Moved

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:14 am
maicuu
SutekiYume
Teh Eve

maybe pictures of Bi & Se7en are the best bet, they're pretty normal looking usually

Lol, that could work. biggrin

What do you guys think of Typhoon? He's not that girly....... is he? I CAN'T TELL ANYMORE!!! crying  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:51 pm
SutekiYume
maicuu
SutekiYume
Teh Eve

What do you guys think of Typhoon? He's not that girly....... is he? I CAN'T TELL ANYMORE!!! crying

yeah, i think typhoon is pretty normal. he can look like a girl, but most of the pictures i've seen of him he looks like a guy. hehe  

f a n g i r l

I Have Moved

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:00 pm
x_xse7enx_x
SutekiYume
maicuu
SutekiYume
Teh Eve

yeah, i think typhoon is pretty normal. he can look like a girl, but most of the pictures i've seen of him he looks like a guy. hehe

Hahaha I just showed my friend the Paradox music video, and she said everyone looked insane except for Typhoon. XD I loved all of them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:46 am
it's such a hard question...i was introduced to most all together.....

but i guess i'll go with music first ? music is addictive and easily adapted to...  

konayuki-chan

[schizophrenic]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:08 pm
i would introduce them by a movie. . or dramas. . but music. . i heard BoA first and was like blah. . did not really like her. . but se7en was good. . after that i did not have a problem with most korean songs. .  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:01 am
i think the best would be boa because she's the most popular... right?

btw... boa's planning to enter the acting industry hehehhe  

Hyung Horangi

[schizophrenic]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:14 pm
hmmm. . . i do not think i would like korean music if i heard her first. . maybe kiss was the first korean group i listen to. . then boa. . forgot about that song. .  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:26 am
another one is bi coz his fullhouse drama made a lot of people love the korean wave heheheh  

Hyung Horangi

[schizophrenic]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:31 pm
for some reason. . i did not really enjoy that drama as much as others. . .  
kpopFANS

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff