Submit

Count of how many members and crew have seen this
+1 to the count
100%
 100%  [ 60 ]
Total Votes : 60

J-Barney

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:44 am
...and you shall be my fellow members and crew!

I am J-Barney, aka Barney to all of my mates so feel free to use that. 3nodding

I will state more about myself in the introductory topic which i will post at a later date. This here thread is basically to awnser a few questions that most have about me such as who i am, what i am doing here and... will i try to be the best darn leader possible for MPH? The awnser to the last is a big fat yes for starters... heart

Below is the FAQ which i will edit as i recieve questions and awnser them, so hopefully any queries can be dealt with smoothly and all loose ends will be knotted.

Fell free to post questions if you have anyway and i will awnser a.s.a.p.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

FAQ

This will be updated as questions flood in and awnsers are given back.

Q: How did i get ownership of this guild?
A: I bought this guild from the original owner. His name shall be remembered as the former owner and will be up there with mine and the crew when it comes to seeing who is/was staff.

Q: How much did you buy the guild for?
A: I cannot share that information for many reasons.

Q: Can i buy the guild?
A: This guild is here to stay in my own leadership as i want to run this guild and make even better than it was before.

Q: Will you ever sell the guild?
A: I hope not, as i really want this guild to work. People could offer now in their millions but i will not let go! If there is a time to ever sell, it would be when im forced too, maybe because the guild is deteriating rapidly. But we will all make sure that will never happen, right? MPH will live on and be as helathy as it is today.

Q: You are a guild trader... what does that involve?
A: In simple terms, i buy guilds in order for them to be re-sold. There are a small handfull of guild traders, but most are of the unexperienced kind. I can proudly say that through my own reckoning aswell as many others, i have been calassed as one of the best traders.

Q: Your new to this guild generally... will you try to make this work?
A: I will try with all my might to make this guild "top-notch" and to create a happy well balanced community.

Q: Will you be active?
A: Yes. I have heard that the last owner rarely posted in the guild. True or not, i will not be doing the same as said, and i will reguarly check up on the guild, post and become a part of the members, trying to get to know everyone and generally being involved with every aspect of the guild that is possible.

Q: Are you any good at running guilds/Do you have experience?
A: I do have experience and i am good at running guilds. Although nothing major, i used to run (and then joint run when i sold it over) a small RP community. It was made to accept anyone, but mainly friends we knew from gaia or/and in real life that liked RP were the ones that were members. It was active, not heavily active with speed, but more than enough to hold severall well made RPs and keep people interested. I eventually quit the guild after having trouble and generall time wasting tasks in my outside gaia life (such as coursework and the like). The guild is still going today, however not as flowing as in the past.

Q: Not to be rude but you seem like a know it all, are you?
A: Well... confirmed. I basically know any guild i come across inside-out when it comes to statistics, worth, etc. Because of my trading buisness i have gotten to the dirty and muddy grips of every guild i have bought and sold and thus learned practically all there is to know, not just about guilds but the generall GGN. I suppose you could say i have "contacts" although that does make me sound a bit... well... like a scary mafia guy. But i do i guess as i know a few GGN mods and i talk to some of them on a regular, sometimes daily basis. I tend to hang around the Registered Guilds forum (RG) and Captains Guild (CG) a lot, to talk to people and help gaian in need, but also to help moderate the forums in order to make gaia just a little bit more pleasant. Obviously, i can only do things within my power, which isn't a lot, but i let people know of the rules and report threads/topics if needs be. I also gain a lot of information on the guild updates and happenings, and sometimes i recieve/read info before anyone else has a chance to even get a sniff of it. Im a little GGN hor you could say! So yeh... I kind of do know it all, or most of it!

Q: Will the guild be kept the same?
A: Most of it will. The concept of poll/spam will remain and so will most of the subforum genres. I have a few ideas, but those will be elaboarted in this here crew forum before i make any drastic changes (such as changing a subforum or making a new one). The guild name i may change... MAY... i will be pondering over this for a while. I am currently on the fence as however much i like the name and it has been stuck with this guild as it has risen, it may need a re-vamp to something else. But dont hold your breathe yet as it is only an idea and i probably won't change it anyway when it comes down to it.

Q: I love you... can you donate please?
A: Im not rich! Some of you may think i am but i really am not. Yes i have a few k milling about but that doesn't make me a multi-millionaire by any standards. And as for donations... Well, i am the type of person who needs to know who i am donating too. Basically, i only donate to my friends or people i know. I don't donate much but when it comes to trading, you need to spend money to make money and so without any i cannot make any. Once i have gained such an amount that i can spend semi-freely and not lose a large chunk off my balance, then i will donate like crazy, not just to fellow gaians but the whole community, in this guild, out of this guild, anyone and everywhere.

Q: Would guild input be involved when it comes to drastic guild changes?
A: Yes, guild input for any drastic change within a given community like this is of the highest importance. I would also take in an overall overview of what everyone thinks before putting anything (new sub-forum, guild name change, etc) into action.

Q: What do you see your purpose as in this guild?
A: I see myself being what a captain should take role in: To mingle with members, run the guild, be there in need of help and to try and aid people in whatever way possible.

Q: ???
A: ???  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:47 am
Name change? Iie!

Anywho, your opinion on the mods of MPH and what changes will be made?
- and how do you see yourself in this guild with what purpose?

Slapdash Platypus

Slapdash Platypus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:00 am
Lets say you were wanting to change the Guild's name,
would you simply change it yourself, or take in Guild input as well?

You sound like a really caring person and dedicated to work with MPH.
Buuuut, Captain position is a big deal.
Fellow people who know MPH are simply wondering what you will do.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:37 am
thank you for your answers  

sychobunny
Captain

Eloquent Lunatic

7,750 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

PnutButterNinja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:24 am
Cool, i guess...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:58 am
*saluts retardedly*YES DRILL SERGEANT!!!!!! scream  

Grand Marshal Pwnerer

meatspin.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:00 am
how many spins?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:50 am
Well, at least the Captain will be more active than the other.  

cachitin

Shiriken

6,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:21 am
cachitin
Well, at least the Captain will be more active than the other.
I second that. 3nodding
He seems nice; his avatar still scares me, 'tho! Maybe I'm just sensitive. =o

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:58 pm
I have a few questions too.
Do you plan to change MPH a lot?
Is there a chance of MPH members buying back the guild?
Is there a chance of anyone becoming a vice captain?

As you can see, we all love Manic Poll House a lot. A lot of us are really active around here. We love our name, we love the people, we love just about everything in this place. The majority of us spend more than 3 hours here per day. We don't want any really drastic changes to the guild.  

hyper_azn_girl

hyper_azn_girl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:33 pm
another question:
Why do you want to keep this guild? You sell most of the other guilds that you aquire, so why is this guild any different?  
The Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff