Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Ravenwolf. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AcerRedrum

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:59 am
I have two Silver Ravenwolf books, but concidering several things I've read from the link-list on this guild, she doesn't have much credibility in my eyes any more, but I'm not sure what to do with the books, I want to just throw them away, I hate being wasteful, but I'm not sure what to do with them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:24 am
The only constructive thing listed on the Necronomicon thread was turning it into a fluffy mad libs book. Other than that, I'd throw them out...well, the ashes of them anyways. Wouldn't want some hobo to get his hands on fluffy idiocy. And you're right, she isn't very credible at all. I don't suppose you know why?  

Kal Eldritch

AcerRedrum

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:29 am
Probably not as fully as I could but yes, several things that she put down aren't true or are over exaggerated, she said that "real witches" would never/can't curse or hurt anyone, and talked bad about Christianity a lot, whihc I don't believe is right, because no one deserves to have what they believe mocked, or belittled.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:39 am
Gah! I can't find the links that I'm looking for. They'd explain a lot better, but the most broad of her "crimes" would be her massive persecution complex, her sly underhandedness (she tells teens to deal only in angels if her parents think it's evil and other such nonsense), the fact that she says crap about never harming people and then includes a revenge spell that evokes Kali in her books, the fact that she calls ceremonial magicians ceremonial witches, and her fake heritage.  

Kal Eldritch

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:59 am
http://wicca.timerift.net/ravenwolf.html  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:10 am
I've read that already, it was actually the first one I read.  

AcerRedrum

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:04 pm
While I happily encourage finding alternitive uses for the books, that dosen't mean they aren't useful in some way.

Serriously useful...not just in the smack bugs with them way either.

Now before this post gets incinerated by the powers that be, I'm not actually suggesting you do any of the things the book details.

However, if you want to go to the above meantioned site, highlight all the appropraite quotes, and use it as am offline reference to her stupidity, feel free. It also helps to be well read in that trash if you think you are going to try and sit down and talk civily with someone who believes in 95% of the crap she says.

Not everyone who reads that believes it's true because they've gone out and, after reading several books have come to conclusion that SRW has it right. Many simply don't know anything else exsists.

I think she is trash personally, but even trash has it's purpose.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:16 pm
They make great gag gifts. A friend gave me Teen Witch on my 19th birthday as a joke. Insult a Witch near you! Especially if they're having an Over-The-Hill themed birthday at age 40, 50 or more! I imagine it would be a hillarious baby shower present, as well.  

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

AcerRedrum

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:36 pm
I was actually suggested the "Teen Witch" by someone who has been studying wicca for some time, I think fifteen years, which now I don't undestand why.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:41 pm
I read some Ravenwolf in 8th grade. Teen Witch. I shelved it after I read all her anti-Christian comments. I have a lot of Christian friends, and those comments were just silly.  

Siofra Da`Halbria

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:13 pm
~flaunts the siggy~

My copies of her book and Buckland's spend their time in my tinder box  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:41 pm
Thank you for all the suggestions, I will either take Kuroiban's or TeaDidikai's advice. whee One is sensible, the other just plain fun.  

AcerRedrum

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:11 pm
Lock_Shock_Barrel
Thank you for all the suggestions, I will either take Kuroiban's or TeaDidikai's advice. whee One is sensible, the other just plain fun.
Fun!? It's pragmatic!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:55 am
TeaDidikai
Lock_Shock_Barrel
Fun!? It's pragmatic!

Technically, it's both.  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Dokt0rGunn

Tipsy Codger

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:12 am
On the upside later in life is a kid tells you about how they read Silver Ravenwolfs stuff and loved it you can explain why they should look at other books instead.

If you look at her earlier works they are a little bit better - I honestly sometimes think shes stuck writting books because of a contract and so shes just writting whatever pops into her head.

There are also other uses for those books, they let you learn what some of the common misconceptions are going to be - If you ever end up teaching someone then you will know what to expect.

I would say you should keep them. Though the front of "Teen Witch" was a litte...well seriously, who's body looks like that? *Cough* Sorry - it's a pet peeve, I have friends who seem to think they are fat because of pictures like that - and I don't think I help because I'm overly thin (Not on Purpose).

Anyway...that's my opinion.

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces