Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Religion] So sick of fundamental Christianity right now... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dream_Fluxx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:31 am
I am a person who loves to study history. As such, I have seen all that the Christianity has done for us as a society. Let's see...the Inquisition, the Salem Witch Trials, and the Crusades. God really wanted to help the world with Christianity. rolleyes

Anywoof, the thing that bugs me most is what "Christians" are doing now with the whole issue on homosexuality. What annoys me is that THEY'RE USING THE SAME DAMN ARGUMENTS THEY'VE USED FOR JUST ABOUT EVERY ISSUE!

I'm willing to bet that if you look at some fundamental Christian paper from the 80's, you'd see how God thinks rock 'n roll will send you to hell. And in 50's, 60's and 70's, you'd see some rant about how God does not want blacks in white schools. And I'd bet if you look at the 1920's papers, there'd be something about how God doesn't think women should vote or have a proper job. And even further back to the mid 1800's, you'd see something about how God meant for the black man to be slaves.

Point is, I'm seeing a broken record. Every single time something bothers the Christians, they always say how it's a breakdown of society and how we're being such sinners. God, you're really getting on my nerves!

But I don't mean to say this about all of Christianity. I'm looking at the fundies. And I know fundamentals from any religious group can be annoying, but why do the Christian fundies seem like the loudest? GRRRRRRR...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:27 am
Well, let's give certain Christians credit. Most of the ranters about homosexuality are members of the Catholic church, and to less... ah... strict Christians, they're an embarrassment. Really, they are.

I mean, they're the ones that are also saying Harry Potter is a one way ticket to Satan, but my pastor reads them almost as fast as I do! The Catholics have gone too far in the past and they haven't learned from their mistakes.

Aari-chan

Dream_Fluxx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:46 am
That's why I said I was ranting about fundamental Christians, but you're right....damn. Sorry to go off like that, my little brother's friend is a fundamental Christian. There have been times I want to rip his throat out....  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:20 pm
Remember... homosexuality may not be a crime, but murder is in most civilized societies xd  

Aari-chan

Dream_Fluxx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:10 pm
Damn again! You make it hard to be blindly infuriated...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:10 pm
Christians here, Christians there. Pffft. Like Christianity is the ONLY faith that has radical cadres within that can't argue for anything without invoking the word of God. It's a Universal thing and has been the longest serving propaganda tool of mankind. Of course you'll see it used over and over again for millenia to come just like we have since the early days of mankind, it's so redicolously simple yet effective to simply claim that you have a God on your side and that every one that disagrees with you will surely suffer if they oppose His (Her?) will.
Of course though, whenver these people have to use REAL arguments without invoking holy scriptures, they almost always lose out in debates. Gee, wonder why? XD  

[OMFG NARKI]

Aari-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:09 pm
Narki
Christians here, Christians there. Pffft. Like Christianity is the ONLY faith that has radical cadres within that can't argue for anything without invoking the word of God. It's a Universal thing and has been the longest serving propaganda tool of mankind. Of course you'll see it used over and over again for millenia to come just like we have since the early days of mankind, it's so redicolously simple yet effective to simply claim that you have a God on your side and that every one that disagrees with you will surely suffer if they oppose His (Her?) will.
Of course though, whenver these people have to use REAL arguments without invoking holy scriptures, they almost always lose out in debates. Gee, wonder why? XD
There's nothing wrong with believing in a God, though. I hope you aren't saying that it is wrong...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:39 pm
Aari-chan
Narki
There's nothing wrong with believing in a God, though. I hope you aren't saying that it is wrong...

Certainly not, as long as you don't harm any one with your belief you may practice your religion freely as far as I'm concerned. But when you use religion - which really should be a form of spiritual and social help in life - to push your ideas upon others it just angers me, especially when we're dealing with harmful and/or hateful ones.  

[OMFG NARKI]

Rivkah Winter

Friendly Friend

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:17 am
And I thought *I* was one to complain. xD

I've had a lot of experiences with friends who were Christian, and they seem, at least to me, a bit close-minded... They don't seem very accepting of lifestyles that aren't the norm, and that are not what they're used to...

But one of my friends who was uber-Christian was gay. And although he didn't have a problem with homosexuality (since, y'know, he's gay and all), he was rather, "I'M GONNA SHOVE MY RELIGION DOWN YOUR THROAT!!!1" all the time... It pissed me off. D:

And sure, it's the most mainstream religion that does this, but it's not the only one.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:18 am
Narki
Aari-chan
Narki

Certainly not, as long as you don't harm any one with your belief you may practice your religion freely as far as I'm concerned. But when you use religion - which really should be a form of spiritual and social help in life - to push your ideas upon others it just angers me, especially when we're dealing with harmful and/or hateful ones.
Yes. It's people who do that, that really get on my nerves.

Rivkah Winter

Friendly Friend

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Aari-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:01 pm
Rivkah Winter
And I thought *I* was one to complain. xD

I've had a lot of experiences with friends who were Christian, and they seem, at least to me, a bit close-minded... They don't seem very accepting of lifestyles that aren't the norm, and that are not what they're used to...

But one of my friends who was uber-Christian was gay. And although he didn't have a problem with homosexuality (since, y'know, he's gay and all), he was rather, "I'M GONNA SHOVE MY RELIGION DOWN YOUR THROAT!!!1" all the time... It pissed me off. D:

And sure, it's the most mainstream religion that does this, but it's not the only one.
We're not all that bad... xp I think that growing up with my father, I could be anything but close-minded... xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:09 pm
Aari-chan
Well, let's give certain Christians credit. Most of the ranters about homosexuality are members of the Catholic church, and to less... ah... strict Christians, they're an embarrassment. Really, they are.

I mean, they're the ones that are also saying Harry Potter is a one way ticket to Satan, but my pastor reads them almost as fast as I do! The Catholics have gone too far in the past and they haven't learned from their mistakes.

one of my favorite books at this time: "The Gospel According to Harry Potter".

When Christianity began, It was looked down upon. I do believe Christians were persecuted by the Romans for a while. That gives me the right to call those christians hypocrites.  

Yotsu

O.G. Gaian

kironagi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:36 am
So whats wrong with reading Harry Potter? Its meant to be a entertaining literature for the general public, right?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:02 am
I had a girl yell and cry on me cause she was pissed of that I was Catholic, I go, um, I'm sorry, but I think that the fact that I was raised Catholic, is really not under my control. So... I'm sorry that I was babtized, had my first communion, and am getting conformized in tenth grade, but, I don't think you can change that. I mean, as soon as I get conformized, I'm officially a Catholic, and can get married in a Catholic church, although, the funny thing, my parents don't care, they said that they weren't going to force their religion on me, but I still took it on. I mean, I don't agree with a lot of the things in the bible, I've read some of it, in Spanish, but I still read it, I don't agree with all of it. Like the stuff about gays, that's just messed up, and, haha, your Christian, I could kill someone and still be forgiven for it, haha, sucks for you... sorry... Basically... that's what I told her, and the teacher was telling her, cause she was making a huge deal in the middle of class, that she couldn't force her religion and beliefs on others. That was last year, this year, she got a detention for doing the same thing.

MiniSamurai

Aari-chan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:40 pm
MiniSamurai
That was last year, this year, she got a detention for doing the same thing.
Ohh... I would've LOVED to have seen that..  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff