Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Discussion] why do people think that??? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
  Why Thank You!
View Results

do-not-disobey-me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:00 pm
ok so, if people find out you like yaoi, they automatically think you are gay/lezbian/bi. some people (AKA: me and my friends) are offended by this! why do people think this?!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:08 pm
I think that they think that because in their eyes only some one who is gay/lebian/bi would like yaoi. However thus is not always true. I just wish they would learn that some people who like yaoi AREN'T gay/lesbian/bi. You can't jump to conclutions.  

volley15

15,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200

[OMFG NARKI]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:39 pm
Depends on the gender. If you're a guy it's pretty likely that you're at least bi-curious if you like yaoi. If you're a girl though it doesn't really mean anything; you're not a lesbian if you like two guys doing it together because using that logic would render half of the west's male population gay for liking yuri, so that's just rediculously silly. Then again, ignorant people aren't exactly a rarity these days. >.<  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:34 pm
I'm not sure why that is. It has happened to me before, but in a different way. We were doing persuasive research papers in my English class and I took a position on being for same-sex marriage and against banning it, so now a good chunk of my english class think I'm lesbian just because I was enthusiastic about my topic. *shrugs* I think it's as simple as they think that since we support it, then we must be part of it.  

Cjerd

[OMFG NARKI]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:41 pm
Bish Zombie
I think it's as simple as they think that since we support it, then we must be part of it.

... Because no one can be straight and still support gay rights, etc etc. Why are people so insanely ignorant?! It's just depressive that it's seen as a "either you're with us or against us" issue, really.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:05 pm
Narki
Bish Zombie
I think it's as simple as they think that since we support it, then we must be part of it.

... Because no one can be straight and still support gay rights, etc etc. Why are people so insanely ignorant?! It's just depressive that it's seen as a "either you're with us or against us" issue, really.
Exactly! It's like people who only see the world as black or white and refuse to see grey. They think that their way is good and everyone else's is bad. What really gets bad is when the opposite side feels the same way. Luckily, in this case, only one side sees it that way.

I think they see it that way because they hope and pray that their way is the only right way and they fear being wrong, even in the smallest way.  

Cjerd

[OMFG NARKI]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:11 pm
Bish Zombie
Narki
Bish Zombie

Exactly! It's like people who only see the world as black or white and refuse to see grey. They think that their way is good and everyone else's is bad. What really gets bad is when the opposite side feels the same way. Luckily, in this case, only one side sees it that way.

I think they see it that way because they hope and pray that their way is the only right way and they fear being wrong, even in the smallest way.

Either that, or else they were like some of the people I knew back in highschool that didn't even know that there was an opposite to their line of thoughts. Ugh, some people...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:26 pm
thanks for the support. I am a girl though. you see, in reading class on the last day of school (which was like...a week ago) our teacher said that we could use the labtops and do whatever we want, except for something noisy. and i looked up NarutoXSasuke yaoi pics. then some guy i didn't know so well comes up to see what i was doing, and saw a picture of Naruto and Sasuke kissing. He said " Are you lezbian or something? why are you looking p gay s**t? " and that just really ticked me off. maybe they support bush seeing as he wants to prevent gay marrage.  

do-not-disobey-me

[OMFG NARKI]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:48 am
do-not-disobey-me
thanks for the support. I am a girl though. you see, in reading class on the last day of school (which was like...a week ago) our teacher said that we could use the labtops and do whatever we want, except for something noisy. and i looked up NarutoXSasuke yaoi pics. then some guy i didn't know so well comes up to see what i was doing, and saw a picture of Naruto and Sasuke kissing. He said " Are you lezbian or something? why are you looking p gay s**t? " and that just really ticked me off. maybe they support bush seeing as he wants to prevent gay marrage.

He failed to ban it though, score one for us!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:00 am
The idiot is a stupid goober! (sorry, I had to say that xd ) The only way to keep history from repeating itself is to learn from those mistakes made then, right? Then how come he's trying to create a whole new version of Prohibition? And we all know how successful that was... for gangsters...  

Aari-chan

Rivkah Winter

Friendly Friend

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:22 am
Er, smack them? O:

-cough- I'm kidding. -cough-

But, er, why would you be offended?
And even more of a question: why would lesbians want to watch yaoi? I mean, it's just two unneeded penises, right?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:26 am
Nobody's ever asked me if I'm gay/bi since I don't tend to make it obvious I'm a fan. I do get asked if I'm Japanese if I ever happen to mention I like anime and manga.

I'm pretty sure it's ignorance that makes people make these sorts of connections. Most people tend to take what's given to them rather than exploring. Maybe they've been conditioned to think that any interest that doesn't stem from their idea of "normal" isn't relevant to their lives, so why bother?  

fivemoon

Savior of the [Broken]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:03 pm
They just plainly don't understand, and probably be offended cause they'd think that no straight person could ever find yaoi intresting.
i mean most straight guys watch 2 girls going at it and we don't asume they're gay...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:47 pm
Rivkah Winter
Er, smack them? O:

And even more of a question: why would lesbians want to watch yaoi? I mean, it's just two unneeded penises, right?

Yaoi boys do generally look like girls. xp  

Shadow_Orexia

[OMFG NARKI]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:56 pm
Shadow_Orexia
Rivkah Winter
Er, smack them? O:

Yaoi boys do generally look like girls. xp

No arguments there. Not that it makes them look any less adorable, of course. XD  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff