Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Strawberries and Cream Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emmanuela

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:34 am
A beautiful English tradition of eating strawberries and cream, I think that we should have a thread to honour it... They're just so good^^ I just had a bowl for dinner, they were so nice, it's such a shame they go so quickly. In my house we have to share them out so everybody has exactly the same number, so it's fair! Yeah.. so... Who else likes them?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:51 pm
I had mango and ice cream today.../wub  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Emmanuela

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:54 pm
Ooh, yummy! I have invested in lots of ice cream for the summer months, it's great!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:09 pm
Not a big fan of strawberries.

PS, they're not a berry, but you all watch QI and already knew that.

and_solo_said

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:56 am
and_solo_said
Not a big fan of strawberries.

PS, they're not a berry, but you all watch QI and already knew that.

xd 3nodding

I love them. Two delicious things in one bowl , oh and while your there, bung a bit of sugar in as well!

Last night I ate fruit and cold custard out of a mug. It was flippin' deelish.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:27 pm
It's all about rasperries. Not with cream or anything though. In their pure state.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:42 pm
Lady of Spain
It's all about rasperries. Not with cream or anything though. In their pure state.

Ohyes, our garden has an area packed with raspberry plants, more than we know how to eat. Raspberries, loganberries and um...yellow raspberries. Are they really raspberries in such a state? I assure you they are both yellow and ripe, and normal-tasting.

Has anyone else seen such a fruit?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:02 pm
No, but my grandparents have a plumson tree in their garden. It grew up in between the damson and plum trees, and they're exactly like a cross between plums and damsons.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Bronze Griffin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:12 pm
I like it with Devon cream and coated in sugar. Then I get hyper and dance. Yay!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:47 pm
It's something of a tradition that when there's an Osborn family gathering we have merry mountains of strawberries and cream. Good little English strawberries too, not the unnaturally huge light-coloured ones that taste of medicated water, artificial sweetner and pesticide.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Emmanuela

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:29 pm
I love rasberries too! They're wonderful! We have a plum tree in our garden, so in the autumn we make Polish Plum cake, which is the hight of yummyness.

Quote:
Invictus_88

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:47 pm
It's something of a tradition that when there's an Osborn family gathering we have merry mountains of strawberries and cream. Good little English strawberries too, not the unnaturally huge light-coloured ones that taste of medicated water, artificial sweetner and pesticide.

Yes, I don't like those fake ones. We have a small forest of strawberry plants in the garden too, so we usually have them^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:38 pm
Wild Strawberries too, those are wonderful. Though apparently an acquired taste.  

Invictus_88
Captain

ficklefiend
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:10 pm
Invictus_88
Lady of Spain

Ohyes, our garden has an area packed with raspberry plants, more than we know how to eat. Raspberries, loganberries and um...yellow raspberries. Are they really raspberries in such a state? I assure you they are both yellow and ripe, and normal-tasting.

Has anyone else seen such a fruit?

Yes, in fact I was just about to ask the same question..

They were wild and really rather scrumptious.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:25 am
Emmanuela
I love rasberries too! They're wonderful!

Raspberries=possibly the greatest berry fruit on earth

Poshlust

Emmanuela

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:07 pm
In the autumn we go on wild blackberry hunts, often these include berries for Slow gin.. I think that's how you spell it....  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff