inkheart
  inkspell
  thief lord
  dragon rider
  ....GIMME GOLD!
View Results

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:55 am
ok i have read all of her books they are really good considering they are translated. by the way dont see the thief lord movie its crap 3nodding
but yea come here to chat about her works  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:33 am
I love Cornelia Funke! Theif Lord was my favorite, although Inkheart/Inkspell came in at a close second. dragon Rider was okay...
Yeah, I saw there was a Thief Lord movie, but it came straight to video (which tells you something...). It's too bad, the book was really good.  

Ashtaye

Mayru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:17 pm
Cornelia Funke is brilliant! I've read Inkheart and The Thief Lord. mrgreen So far, Inkheart is my favorite.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:30 pm
i love them all equally  

laaalalalalalalalalas

RebornAngelNer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:37 pm
I've read INkheart and Inkspell but I can't pick a favorite book. I did fall for Dustfingure though. Isn't there supposed to be an Inkheart movie coming out?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:45 am
yes there is a movie...heres the info i have on it
Directed by
Iain Softley
Writing credits
David Lindsay-Abaire (adaptation)

i hear brendan fraser may be playing Mo. and its coming out some time in 2006 and apperently when she was writing the role she had brenden fraser in mind for Mo so im hoping he gets cast. and new line cinem a purchased the rights.
http://www.thezreview.co.uk/comingsoon/i/inkheart.htm claims to have stuff so you can look for your self 3nodding  

laaalalalalalalalalas

Lioness4

Distinct Raider

10,650 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:07 am
Inkheart used to be my favorite. The Thief Lord was really good but I couldn't stand or barely get through Dragonrider. I just finished Inkspell, I was a little dissapointed in it but it was still good. I hope the movie is good. I hate it when my favorite books are turned into movies though. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:16 pm
I only read the thief lord. It was good. I started inkheart but it didn't pull me in so I stopped reading. Maybe read it later.  

Arkyana

Annisea

Invisible Gekko

8,650 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:37 am
I've read Thief lord hole, and Inkheart half. I like them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:55 pm
i read all of those, but i didnt finish inkspell.
heres my rating of them of 1-5:
Inkheart: 4.7
Inkspell: 3 (from what i read)
Theif Lord: 4.8
Dragon Rider: 4.99  

Pumkyn

Pumkyn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:59 pm
btw, i head a rumor that Dragon Rider was going to be turned into a movie. Does anyone know if there is any truth in that?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:00 am
i heard that all her books are being turned into movies. i actually like seeing books turned into movies. occasionally i get dissapointed but for the most part i find seeing the book through anothers interpertation to be very enjoyable (thieflord was a dissapointment though) and i love brenden fraser so i cant wait whee  

laaalalalalalalalalas

Rabid Nozomi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:58 am
I've read her Inkheart and Inkspell, and thought they were pretty sweet. The ending of the second book was sad, though.

Yah, I knew she was German. Her books are translated from it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:02 pm
yes they are good job....most people i meet dont seem to know that. and the ending is sad but i think the third book will fix that  

laaalalalalalalalalas

gotmycarfixed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:32 am
OMG! Inkheart is suppose to be a motion picture soon..I think. SHe's German! I didn't know that. ANyway I love her writing. I also love her name/her alias.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff