Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Movies about gay guys. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

People Count.
  I'm a people! Count me!
View Results

Chibi Slasher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:10 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:46 pm
When people rent movies obviously it makes money for the movie store, right? And when the big boom over B.B.M hit and it made tons of money in theaters and being rented of course the store is going to make movie like it more available (I.E when a vampire movie comes out tons seem to pop up).

As for the white vs. other race ratio I'd have to say that purely coincidential(sp?). I for one, have yet to see even one movie where atleast one of the main characters isn't white. Perhaps it's the neighborhood you live in, or the owner of the stores personal preferance. A lot of things could influence the reasoning behind that, I don't think it has anything to dow ith covering up 'white gays' considering they make up the majority I believe.

Exotic~Muffin

DeniedUltraSex

1,925 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:25 pm
Hmmmmm, yeah I noticed too. @__@;;
But hmmmmm, the only one I've really watched is BrokeBack Mountain.
It's sad. >.>

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:11 pm
Yes I agree that the Caucasian gayness levels are at a low, and also the only other movie I've ever seen [I didn't get to see BBM cry ] with gay guys in it was RENT, which I highly reccomend by the way, & the couple was a black man & his lover was hispanic.....

But I did see a movie once called 'The Edge of Seventeen' I think & the lead male role was a young, white, gay man who was 17. I suppose it just depends on where you look.  

Rouknette Desto-Inflamare

Eloquent Conversationalist

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200

Naevara

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:03 am
It's excellent if so many movies about gay couples are coming out. Surely, there will be a few idiots who will be further disgusted by it, but then again, those idiots aren't even going to watch the movies in the first place. Such movies raise awareness, and that is what we need - more awareness, more information about it. A lot of people have no clue what homosexuality is about, except the "two guys (/girls) making out and everything", but they don't think of how they are ridiculised and how they must feel and how their lovelifes are made so hard to live by hatred, hatred that is also nourished by the government - the very same organization that is supposed to protect their people against such things.

I saw one awesome gaymovie, but I forgot what it was called. Was about a guy getting married with this girl and they were engaged for 3 years. But then an ex-student of his suddenly says on national tv that the guy is gay. His life turns into living hell, losing his job and everything.. He believes he isn't gay.. But well, after awhile he does a gaycheck, which means checking on all stereotypes 'symptoms' of gayness - and it was done so that people could see how ridiculous those 'sumptoms' really are... And well, in the end he of course turns out to be gay and everything and there's a happy end. But the movie was amazing and I respected it for what they were trying to achieve..

So well.. I'll just shut up now. ^_^ I haven't noticed many gay-movies here, and although I live in one of the most gay-tolerant countries of the world (Netherlands), we certainly would need a bit more awareness and understanding about homosexuality.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:30 am
sorry if someone already talked about this*too lazy to read other ppls big comments* but i heard on the radio as soon as brokeback mt. came out on DVD,in wal-mart,this guy was making a protest about it saying that wla-mart will do anything to get a profit.and he was insulting the movie and saying all kinds of homophobic stuff-im sorry,but there are actually ppl out there that wanna have teh DVD-lik me!^^ cause i didnt see it in the movies with my friends....wait...i think i got off topic O.O
well,anyways
the only movie i know which has a gay couple is brokeback mt....or is it the only 1 that has come out so far? ._.;;
oh well
*comments,poll whores,and leaves* .3.  

Kuri Garu

8,775 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100

Kuri Garu

8,775 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:32 am
Risen from the Ashes
Yes I agree that the Caucasian gayness levels are at a low, and also the only other movie I've ever seen [I didn't get to see BBM cry ] with gay guys in it was RENT, which I highly reccomend by the way, & the couple was a black man & his lover was hispanic.....

But I did see a movie once called 'The Edge of Seventeen' I think & the lead male role was a young, white, gay man who was 17. I suppose it just depends on where you look.
oh yeah i forgot! RENT!..
oh dude! im now listening to x.l. 106.7,and theyre talking about gay couples!how coincidential is THAT? eek
theyre
THEYRE
MAKING FUN OF US!!! eek eek eek stressed stressed eek crying stressed -_-  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:33 am
pumpkinking3001
Risen from the Ashes

oh yeah i forgot! RENT!..
oh dude! im now listening to x.l. 106.7,and theyre talking about gay couples!how coincidential is THAT? eek
theyre
THEYRE
MAKING FUN OF US!!! eek eek eek stressed stressed eek crying stressed -_-
ooh,gay ppl are talking back! =D
yay! ^^  

Kuri Garu

8,775 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100

[ - P a n d a - ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:50 pm
I so totally just saw BBM like the other day.
>o>

I see what you're saying, but I don't really know if I'd bring up a good arguement, seeing how BBM is like the only movie I've really seen that was about gays. T.T Which is a big shame.

=O
I've been meaning to see Rent, though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:42 pm
[ - P a n d a - ]
>o>

I see what you're saying, but I don't really know if I'd bring up a good arguement, seeing how BBM is like the only movie I've really seen that was about gays. T.T Which is a big shame.

=O
RENT is an awesome movie ^^ but its sad thta angel dies ;_;  

Kuri Garu

8,775 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100

Rejekted_Heart

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:55 pm
i...cant watch them, if my parents walked in.. -shudder-  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:40 pm
Hmm...I have to search for it again, but xX Angel Fox Xx made a really good point about movies. If you took the movie X-men III, it can me seen as an anti-gay movie (if any of you are fans of that movie, please, do not chew my head off or come kill me, I'm not saying anything negative, I"m just showing it in a different light, that is almost comical...and kind of strange all at the same time.)

In the movie, they have found "a cure" for Mutants, so their powers go away forever. Now, I do not know if you know this, but there are groups out there who are trying to take homosexuals and 'cure' them of their disease...their sexuality. Personally, I say that there is nothing wrong with homosexuals, or bi sexuals, and we should be left as we are...and there is nothing wrong with us and there is nothing to cure.

In the X-men movie, Magneto (i spelt that wrong...) said the same thing...along with Storm. I don't want to spoil the movie for you, so I'll just be quiet, but...why do people think that we are wrong? I am happy the way I am! =3 Everyone desrves love...even if it's from the same gender.

Mia Eidenschink

Lunar Kissed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:45 pm
I haven't seen Brokeback Mountain yet, but it's on my to-see list. I'll eventually get around to it.

The movie that immediately comes to mind about gay men is Bent. It's based on the play of the same name about the persecution of homosexuals in the concentration camps. All the gay men in that film are caucasian so there is another example for you. Mick Jagger is a drag queen in that film and it just goes to prove that he makes one hideous woman. Ian McKellen has a small role too. Also I cannot watch Clive Owen movies after seeing this without thinking that he would be so much yummier if he was paired with another man rather than a woman. Such a sad movie...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:06 pm
pumpkinking3001
[ - P a n d a - ]
>o>

=O
RENT is an awesome movie ^^ but its sad thta angel dies ;_;

Aw, somebody dies? ._.;
My friend is trying so hard to get me to watch it.
Hes a big fan. @.@;

[ - P a n d a - ]

destinyjello

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:40 am
I've seen lots of gay themed movies and I don't think that caucasian gays are underrepresented at all. Most of the movies I've seen have gay white guys in it. Here, maybe I'll just list a few:

-I Think I Do
-Latter Days
-Big Eden
-Eating Out
-The Broken Hearts Club
-Food of Love
-Urbania
-Love! Valour! Compassion!

Yeah, and that's just from the top of my head. I rather think that other races are represented less in gay movies.

I really didn't think that Brokeback Mountain was very good at all. I've seen many other gay themed movies that touched me substantially more - Rent being one of them.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff