Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Diane Duane Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you read any of Diane Duane's books or heard of her?
  yes
  no
View Results

Shiama

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:22 am
So has anyone read any books by her? I read them a while ago in my school library and i truely enjoyed the stories.

Some of her books that i have read are:
1. So You Want to Be a Wizard?
2. Deep Wizardry
3. High Wizardry
4. A Wizard Abroad
5. The Wizard's Dilemma

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/d/diane-duane/
that is a link to a page of her books and at the bottom links to other many famous authors like terry Brooks,J.K Rowling, tamora Peirce, etc.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:07 pm
I've read up to A WizardAlonr and I own Wizard's Holiday or whatever the seventh book is called, but it just doesn't keep my interest anymore. The series really started to go downhill after High Wizardry. Deep Wizardry is, by far, my favorite, but So You Want to be a Wizard is still very good. I really didn't like the romantic tension in A Wizard Abroad. I don't much remember A Wizard's Dilemma, because I got it from the library, but I didn't like it that much. A Wizard Alone wasn't good, either. I've read maybe ten pages of Wizard's Holiday and haven't touched it in about a year in and a half. One of these days, I'll get around to reading it, but it won't be that soon, and I don't think I'll get any of the other books.  

NightIntent
Captain

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:27 am
i loved all the books my favorite character is ponch
"...SQUIRRELS!" whee ponch is hilarious and diane duane should write a book about him  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:29 pm
Well I havent read any of the really recent books she has written but I have read some of the older ones.

AND GO SQUIRRELS!  

Shiama

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:32 pm
yes the squirrels know all*bows head.
but seriously i thought it was interesting that she made magic like a science it was kind of nifty  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:44 pm
well i think in modern witchcraft, like wiccans, magic is a type of science...so in a way it is true. it isnt all fireballs and lightning bolts wink  

Shiama

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:38 am
but i like fireballs and lightning bolts too*pouts  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:40 pm
I like them too...but like in D&D, if you play a strict game, every spell needs components. You cant get something from nothing.  

Shiama

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:35 am
yea i know...was wizards at war her last book?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:49 pm
I am not quite wure. ihavent had a chacne to read her in a couple years and I remembered her when I was scanning through some old web links I had. I used to read the ones from the school lbirary but I guess I am going to have to go to the public one.

I mean I like Diane Duane but I have never gone far enough to buy one of her books.  

Shiama

laaalalalalalalalalas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:43 pm
oh i see...i have them all exceopt #7 which i got from the library but never got arond to buying  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:07 pm
What exactly is number 7? i mean what book it is exactly. Actually I think I have only read some of her older books.  

Shiama

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:04 pm
Shiama
What exactly is number 7? i mean what book it is exactly. Actually I think I have only read some of her older books.

Seven is Wizard's Holiday, I think. It's where I stopped. I've read like 4 pages of it and haven't picked it up since, for some reason.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:32 pm
Well that kind of worries me because then maybe she lost her touch. i dont know if it was i likded her about two years ago...maybe i wouldnt like her anymore i wouldnt know.  

Shiama

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:24 pm
I stopped really liking her books after A Wizard Abroad. High Wizardry was really the last one that I truly liked, but after A Wizard Abroad I really stopped liking the series. A Wizard's Dilemma was just too weird, and A Wizard Alone was filled with too much angst from Nita, which she got over much too quickly at the end. Although Ponch was awesome in that book, he's the only redeeming feature about it, in my opinion.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff